+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
I am currently in Canada. I applied for PR under EE this month and did the medical exam in a clinic, and then the clinic asked me to take a sputum culture test and the second x-ray after 3 months since they found very small dots on my lung. I did all they asked, and the clinic submitted my result to IRCC, BTW, the sputum test result shows all negative, however, IRCC sent me an email says I need to do medical surveillance. My case status doesn't show medical passed yet, so I wonder how this will affect my application. I will get medical passed after this surveillance or the case will be continued processing, I'll do it once I get PR and after the landing.

Thx heaps

The email looks like this:

Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important request.

Kind regards,

The Public Health Liaison Unit / Unité de liaison avec la santé publique

Migration Health Branch / Direction générale Migration et Santé

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Hello please check messages! I have an important query, it'll be of great help!

Nov 29, 2022
Ru asking me?
Hi,

Did you get your visa and medical Surveillance letter on same date . ? or visa first & then letter second . ? i just got this letter , nothing updated on portal as of now and did you get any email for VISA approval or you checked on your portal ?

harryag

Mar 30, 2023
Hi,

May I ask how much time it took for medical surveillance to get cleared once you landed?

I have got the same ask but I am planning to do a soft landing for a month before I wind up home and job back at home.

Is it ok to leave Canada while medical surveillance is on?
Do you get the proper for this? I might also have to do soft landing for 1.5 months. I would like to know the procedure. Thanks.

Maulinptl

Jun 27, 2023
Hello,
I am inland applicant living in canada. I got medical surveillance letter recently before getting pr. I dont know how much time its gonna take to get approval for pr after medical surveillance letter. My medical is also passed. If anybody had similar situation please let me know. How much time its gonna take to get approval for pr?

Reactions: abseven

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
Hello,
I am inland applicant living in canada. I got medical surveillance letter recently before getting pr. I dont know how much time its gonna take to get approval for pr after medical surveillance letter. My medical is also passed. If anybody had similar situation please let me know. How much time its gonna take to get approval for pr?
Hello!! Thank you for posting this, I have a question for you, it will be of great help!!! Please reply brother!

1) When did you take your medical exam? Did you take it before getting ITA or after getting ITA?

2) Did you apply by yourself or an agent? Also, did IRCC reach out to you or your agent? For medical surveillance??? I guess it's better if they reach out to you directly!!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,
Did you got the call from provincial doc as yet? If not you have to wait for them ( no need to call as they will tell you to wait for their call). So once you get the call, appointment will be fixed with the provincial doc, you need to attend and do the testa asked again. Once you get the tests results provincial doc will send a report that you complied with them. Hence you will get golden email. The medical will says passed, don't worry about them.