+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE

VR1

Feb 8, 2021
Thank you for response. I already got CoPR. I got the form with CoPR and the letter I got was before CoPR. when I passed medical exam. I am confused with the form I got with CoPR. I checked online and people are informed when they do landing at the port of entry how and where to contact but in my case I donot have to do any landing as I am already in Canada and due to covid situation its all done.
I am in similar situation.any idea where to send the letter

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Hi Everyone I need help, I applied for PR as inland applicant and got the COPR and Medical surveillance form. Before getting COPR after the medical was passed I received the MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE and in that letter it is mentioned that

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance- SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada."

" But with the COPR letter I get the form IMM 0535 (10-2017) B In the part A of this form I need to sign "I understand that provincial/territorial health authorities in Canada may wish to monitor my health. I agree to them doing so. I understand my landing in Canada conditional upon my reporting to a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days of my admission to Canada as a permanent resident. I shall report any changes in residence forthwith to Canada Immigration and the appropriate provincial/territorial authorities. "

I am confused on where I need to contact. When I call cic, they also don't know. One agent told me I do not require medical surveillance and another said I do not need to call anywhere P/T PHA will call me.

Hello, I received the same email today about Medical Surveillance for my spouse, but on my PR Application, it shows below:
  • February 4, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Do we need to do anything about this? Shall we call IRCC or just wait for P/T PHA to call?

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Thank you for response. I already got CoPR. I got the form with CoPR and the letter I got was before CoPR. when I passed medical exam. I am confused with the form I got with CoPR. I checked online and people are informed when they do landing at the port of entry how and where to contact but in my case I donot have to do any landing as I am already in Canada and due to covid situation its all done.
When did you pass your medical exam? when did you get the Medical Surveillance Notice ? and when did you get the Medical Surveillance Form? My Medcal was marked as PASSED on Feb 4, 2021. I got the Medical Surveillance Notice today but I have not received my CoPR. I am also already in Canada and applied thru CEC - Express Entry

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
When did you pass your medical exam? when did you get the Medical Surveillance Notice ? and when did you get the Medical Surveillance Form? My Medcal was marked as PASSED on Feb 4, 2021. I got the Medical Surveillance Notice today but I have not received my CoPR. I am also already in Canada and applied thru CEC - Express Entry
Update on my Case: I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence yesterday noon Apr 29 2021 via email.
The letter is dated April 23, 2021, which means that when they sent me the Medical Surveillance Notice on April 26, they have already approved my PR application.
I also contacted IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and sent them the X-ray results (Jan 11, 2021 )from the Panel Physician that explains the results which is not related to TB whatsoever. Told them that the doctor did not order any furtherance test and we Passed the Medical Exam on Feb 4 2021.

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Am I supposed to email them the document?
Sorry I have no clue who to contact. If any one has gone through this procedure pls guide me.

We have not received the Medical Surveillance FORM (Spouse), just the Medical Surveillance Notice, saying that provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA will contact us within 6months. However, what I did was to email IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and forwarded them the initial X-Ray Results that explains that the abnormal X Ray reading is not related to TB whatsoever. I told them that the doctor did not order any furtherance test and we Passed the Medical Exam on Feb 4 2021.

Aug 14, 2020
We have not received the Medical Surveillance FORM (Spouse), just the Medical Surveillance Notice, saying that provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA will contact us within 6months. However, what I did was to email IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and forwarded them the initial X-Ray Results that explains that the abnormal X Ray reading is not related to TB whatsoever. I told them that the doctor did not order any furtherance test and we Passed the Medical Exam on Feb 4 2021.
Hi,
I too got similar notice for my wife. My personal Medicals are Passed, but I got notice for my wife.

I'm wondering where do you get X-Ray results. The Panel Physician just did the X-Ray for my wife, didn't ask for further X-Rays or furtherance test, but didnt give any report to us as well. I want to follow the same process as you to expedite my application. Please let me know how/where did you got your X-Ray results

Thanks in advance for your help!

jashan3510

Jul 12, 2021
Medical surveillance is once you get PR, then you need to carry out another XRAY and other tests as required.
We received Medical Surveillance and after we landed got it done and cleared it.
Hello,

Can you please tell me how much time did it take to complete the other tests?
I am planning to move to Canada in August but I have to travel back to India after 20 days.

Thanks

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
It just took a week to get things done. The main thing is to get in touch with the local health board. You need a valid address proof

Osin16

Jul 17, 2021
Hi can you pls update how did you proceed?

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
I am currently in Canada. I applied for PR under EE this month and did the medical exam in a clinic, and then the clinic asked me to take a sputum culture test and the second x-ray after 3 months since they found very small dots on my lung. I did all they asked, and the clinic submitted my result to IRCC, BTW, the sputum test result shows all negative, however, IRCC sent me an email says I need to do medical surveillance. My case status doesn't show medical passed yet, so I wonder how this will affect my application. I will get medical passed after this surveillance or the case will be continued processing, I'll do it once I get PR and after the landing.

Thx heaps

The email looks like this:

Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important request.

Kind regards,

The Public Health Liaison Unit / Unité de liaison avec la santé publique

Migration Health Branch / Direction générale Migration et Santé

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Hi
Have you completed your surveillance?
How long it took?

Max Kapoor

Sep 28, 2021
Medical surveillance is once you get PR, then you need to carry out another XRAY and other tests as required.
We received Medical Surveillance and after we landed got it done and cleared it.
Hi,

May I ask how much time it took for medical surveillance to get cleared once you landed?

I have got the same ask but I am planning to do a soft landing for a month before I wind up home and job back at home.

Is it ok to leave Canada while medical surveillance is on?

Max Kapoor

Sep 28, 2021
Hi pavan,
can you DM you number - need to speak to you. thanks in advance.

Nimmo_ji12

Oct 5, 2021
I am currently in Canada. I applied for PR under EE this month and did the medical exam in a clinic, and then the clinic asked me to take a sputum culture test and the second x-ray after 3 months since they found very small dots on my lung. I did all they asked, and the clinic submitted my result to IRCC, BTW, the sputum test result shows all negative, however, IRCC sent me an email says I need to do medical surveillance. My case status doesn't show medical passed yet, so I wonder how this will affect my application. I will get medical passed after this surveillance or the case will be continued processing, I'll do it once I get PR and after the landing.

Thx heaps

The email looks like this:

Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important request.

Kind regards,

The Public Health Liaison Unit / Unité de liaison avec la santé publique

Migration Health Branch / Direction générale Migration et Santé

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Hi there,
Have you got you PR? How long it take all this because my husband got same letter today.. i applied for PR through Express entry last month..please help me out why they send this letter? Thanks in advance.