+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me pls! 10 weeks since passport was sent to Ottawa CPC

dazednconfused

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Friends,

It's been more than 10 weeks since my passport was received at Ottawa CPC. After 4 weeks, I sent them a CSE asking for status update and then again in week 8.

Both times all I have received is: We acknowledge that your passport was received and that once the approval is complete, we will return your passport using the pre-paid envelope that you provided us. Please note that it is taking us longer than normal to complete the approval on your PR application.

CIC has made no updates to my case status in the online portal. In addition, it took them more than a year to request my passport, that too only after I sent them a copy of my GCMS notes which clearly stated that they were going to send passport request letter in June even though I did not get it until Oct. 2019.

Can someone please help me here? I'm starting to run out of patience. The lack of passport is getting on my nerves as I am unable to travel for work.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to get useful information instead of the generic responses I have been getting from them?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Anyone? I have sent two other CSEs but haven't heard back yet.
I would recommend emailing Ottawa directly. CSE goes to agents who don't have access to the office. Try emailing CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and include your application number and uci number in the subject line.

The ottawa office takes 7-10 days, but they respond to all queries.

I hope you hear back about your passport soon!

Reactions: dazednconfused

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Friends,

It's been more than 10 weeks since my passport was received at Ottawa CPC. After 4 weeks, I sent them a CSE asking for status update and then again in week 8.

Both times all I have received is: We acknowledge that your passport was received and that once the approval is complete, we will return your passport using the pre-paid envelope that you provided us. Please note that it is taking us longer than normal to complete the approval on your PR application.

CIC has made no updates to my case status in the online portal. In addition, it took them more than a year to request my passport, that too only after I sent them a copy of my GCMS notes which clearly stated that they were going to send passport request letter in June even though I did not get it until Oct. 2019.

Can someone please help me here? I'm starting to run out of patience. The lack of passport is getting on my nerves as I am unable to travel for work.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to get useful information instead of the generic responses I have been getting from them?
Hi,

Whats the status of your passport?