+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Mailing address and address and Representative Form?

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Hi Guys,

I wonder if any of you had the same issue and how it was resolved:

1) I sent my app. and I have different addresses for AP address and Mailing address. the mailing address is a U.S address and we are not in the U.S.A. The address belong to a cousin of mine.

2) I had my cousin address because, the mail/postal system in the country we live just does not work things get lost and if ever arrives. A simple postal can take months or years, if ever arrive.

What do I do? resubmitt the forms without my cousin address? Do I have to name my cousin my representative?

It is so crazy!!!

BTW how do you guys contact CIC via phone from overseas? Skype used to work, now it doesnt...

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

1) I sent my app. and I have different addresses for AP address and Mailing address. the mailing address is a U.S address and we are not in the U.S.A. The address belong to a cousin of mine.

2) I had my cousin address because, the mail/postal system in the country we live just does not work things get lost and if ever arrives. A simple postal can take months or years, if ever arrive.

What do I do? resubmitt the forms without my cousin address? Do I have to name my cousin my representative?

It is so crazy!!!

BTW how do you guys contact CIC via phone from overseas? Skype used to work, now it doesnt...
on the generic application form, you need to have your PA's address unless you have a representative. if you appoint your cousin as your representative then he/she will get all the emails and requests instead of you because you are appointing that person to represent you and your spouse. you need to give them current residential or mailing address if you don't have a representative otherwise your application will be returned to you.
did they return your application because of this issue?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

It is so crazy!!!

Hi

It's not crazy. If the applicant gives a different mailing address, they need to give permission for someone at that address to receive their confidential correspondence. You need to either list your own mailing address or name your cousin as a representative.

There is no point in calling IRCC. Correct the mistake and resubmit the app,

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Hi

It's not crazy. If the applicant gives a different mailing address, they need to give permission for someone at that address to receive their confidential correspondence. You need to either list your own mailing address or name your cousin as a representative.

There is no point in calling IRCC. Correct the mistake and resubmit the app,
Hi guys thanks for your answer.s.

No they did not return it. But they send me a letter saying that I have 30 days to send the required documentation. I guess that mean I have to re send the IMM0008 and the 1344??? I cant appoint my cousin as representative. That is just insane.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

No they did not return it. But they send me a letter saying that I have 30 days to send the required documentation. I guess that mean I have to re send the IMM0008 and the 1344??? I cant appoint my cousin as representative. That is just insane.
Then redo the forms with your mailing address matching your residential address. Not sure why you think it is insane.

Reactions: jptskt

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017

you are lucky that they didn't return your whole package because that is what they do if your mailing address is not matching to where you are living. and you don't have a representative.

Reactions: jptskt and kcward7

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,

It is so crazy!!!

It doesn't matter if the postal system in your country is bad. Once you write your email address in your application form it means that CIC will correspond with you via email and not via post. Since you seem reluctant to make your cousin your representative, just redo the form with your own address instead of your American cousin's address and also give them your email address.

Reactions: armoured

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Then redo the forms with your mailing address matching your residential address. Not sure why you think it is insane.
Ok guys, I understand. It is just that in this case, if they had sent back the package via post. It would be lost in that Venezuelan mail system. All that money in translations, all that time! Months! if ever arrives. Basically, I had to gather all information again... any ways...

I think it is crazy because since when you cant have an address and/or a mailing address. I had a P.O box in Canada, so that means I can't have it sent there? I have to be my own representative and sponsor? You see the paradox?

Any ways, I do thank you all for your feedbacks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok guys, I understand. It is just that in this case, if they had sent back the package via post. It would be lost in that Venezuelan mail system. All that money in translations, all that time! Months! if ever arrives. Basically, I had to gather all information again... any ways...

I think it is crazy because since when you cant have an address and/or a mailing address. I had a P.O box in Canada, so that means I can't have it sent there? I have to be my own representative and sponsor? You see the paradox?

Any ways, I do thank you all for your feedbacks!
There is no paradox. If you were in Canada and listed a residential address in the same area as the PO Box, there would be no issue; logic dictates that you are providing your own PO Box address. If you listed a residential address outside of Canada and used the Canadian PO Box address, you would need to assign a representative, as it is unlikely you would be flying back to Canada every few days to check your mail.

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Hey what is the IMM 5475? In my case, can I write a Authorization for my relative to just receive mail?

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Hi all,

I got a question if anybody knows... as explained above, I sent in the new forms with the updated address as they requested a few weeks ago. I havent received anything yet. But out of the blue, I use the file number to check on the web and it shows in process.

That means that it is really in process?

That means that it wont be bounced back if it shows in the system?

Thx for your inputs.

Kawal1412

Dec 23, 2019
Hi all,

I got a question if anybody knows... as explained above, I sent in the new forms with the updated address as they requested a few weeks ago. I havent received anything yet. But out of the blue, I use the file number to check on the web and it shows in process.

That means that it is really in process?

That means that it wont be bounced back if it shows in the system?

Thx for your inputs.
So , what you did? Have you filled representative form. Or just changed mailing adrress same as residential address