+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!interview in a month time,

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
Fellow forumers,
I need some help in regard to my interview in a month time.
What do i expect in the interview?
what is the situation like?
Does anyone know how it is in the embassy in accra?
Any tips for preparations?.........
Thanks in advance for ur contributions
Kel.

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officer will hound you, asking the same questions over and over again. Why did you marry your spouse? Are you going to run away as soon as you get to Canada? How do I know you won't run away, it happens all the time? Why do you want to marry a foreigner?

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Why one would post such a negative reply, is beyond me.

The interview is to clarify some of the things that are not self explanatory in your application.

What they will ask you entirely depends on your application.

YOU know if you have a solid application or not. If there is a 40 year age difference and you met online for a few weeks and then met for three weeks and got married you will not likely be successful.

But if you had a normal relationship, new each other for a while, got married or lived together for 12 months consecutive to qualify as common law and have ample evidence and proof be prepared to be asked about anything that you submitted in your application.

We submitted what I thought was an air tight application, every evidence possible and over 3 years together. My partner was still interviewd and they asked her questions for about an hour about basically everything we had submitted in the application.

Here are some of the questions she was asked.

How did you meet your partner
When did you meet
When did you meet in person
What is your plan if you get a visa to Canada
Where will you live in Canada
What does your partner do in Canada
How much does he earn in Canada
Why are your kids not living with you
What does your partner like to do, what are his hobbies
When did you move into your present address
Where did you live before that, when did you move there
When did you start your one year of living together to qualify as common law
etc etc
So just review your application, know all you can about him, his family and your relationship. You will be find. Try not to think negative, the process is painful enough,

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Raymond.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
raycrawford said:
Why one would post such a negative reply, is beyond me.
Because I wish I had known before going to the interview in Accra. Accra has a 40% refusal rate for spousal applications. The interview can be stressful in any country, but from what I've heard, it's worse there.
I met my husband the normal way, not online, in 2001 - we were both working in a third country. We dated for several years, and got married in 2007. I visited him three times in Nigeria before the interview. His application was refused. m

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
hi ..here i am sending you interview link.where ppls being asked question from him/her.its will help you alots for you and hour wife.i am trying to send a link over here i cannt. "geting message" You are not allowed to post links.join other website immigration dot ca.make up account and post your question when i read over there will help u out.Make sure ask yours question in family sponsorship forum.

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok remember this first more than anything remember get more evidence gather ok Also they will check your wedding RIng as well they will definitely Ask about it .....

one of girl told me she is Tamil So tamil docent bother about wedding ring they will see something call Thali... its like a chain in the neack so its native to all Tamils

Ok visa officer asked her where is Thali ?? lucky she was wearing it.... Just like that get more things

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Can't help you with your question, as I am just getting my application together, which will be processed in Accra.

Please tell me though, when did you submit your application? How long afterward were you notified about the need for an interview? How long was the wait between that time and the date of your interview?

Good luck, I wish you the best.

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
I submitted in nov 2009 , the first stage was approved in dec and now i have to go for the interview
Canadawoman , i would like to know what ur story is like, can i be told outrightly wether am successful or notif not hw long does it take to get the response and through what medium.
Am married to my wife canadian, over a year ago after knowing her via internet 10 months before our wedding.she came over and we got married.She came back again after 5 month to visits me and since and will be coming in august.
i want to know what to expect though i have got some tips from here.
I just need to know .,
Thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For Accra, your application has been processed quickly, which is a good sign, I think. At the interview the visa officer was very rude and bad-tempered. Stay calm. If you don't understand, tell him or her. The visa officer didn't seem to understand certain aspects of Nigerian culture - don't get upset, just explain clearly. Be prepared to explain why you want to marry a foreigner, without saying 'because I want to come to Canada.' Saying you don't care whether your wife is a foreigner or not, you love HER, is probably best. Be prepared to explain what you are going to do and where you are going to live in Canada. The visa officer asked my husband a lot of questions about Canada, which he didn't know the answer to, so I suggest you find out basic facts about the town you are going to llive in from your wife.
In our case, the visa officer decided that day to refuse my husband's application, but she didn't tell him. We got a letter about a month later.

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
Thanks , i will keep u posted on latest development.
I was marriage cetificate issued by the local govt has to be verified and authenticated at the foreign affairs ministry in abuja, is that true?Cos the one i submitted was the one i was given after the marriage at the registry.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
its best to respond to interview questions as you are telling the story of your love to a close friend, with feeling and emotion, also keep in mind that they are looking for long term plans that the two of you have as a couple, so mention for example that first you will get settled and work and then you will save to buy a bigger home together, or in a different neighborhood, that you plan to be here for a couple of years and then would like to return with her for a visit, its important to use alot of WE have discussed this and that and have agreed....that will put things into your favor the fact that she has been to see u after the marriage is also a plus for you, be sure to bring that up show more pics since you sent in the application

best of luck

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
Hurraaayyy i have been given a visa aaaaaa

Thank u all memebers of this forum,
In due course i will tell u all how it went but i need to enjoy this moment .........

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Am so very, very happy for you, Kel. I hope one day soon my Abidemi and I will be celebrating the same news :) Love is worth it!