+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! I forgot to include processing fee for my dependents!!!

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
what should i do?

After reading some post here, I realize I forgot to include payment for processing fee of my three children. I have only sent payment of $1100 for the both of us (couple).

What should i do? should i wait for CIO's letter of instruction or can i send another draft for my 3 dependents?

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Your application will be send back or alternatively,you can inform the credit card company to cancel the first payment and send a new application with the complete payment as soon as possible.
Good luck.
Benny

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
bennyameh,

i just sent my initial application this 1st week of april. I really hope CIO will just request me to send them additional payment for my dependents, coz it will take some time again if my forms will be returned. :(

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
jaggy said:
bennyameh,

i just sent my initial application this 1st week of april. I really hope CIO will just request me to send them additional payment for my dependents, coz it will take some time again if my forms will be returned. :(
They will probably return the whole package and ask you to re-submit.

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaggy said:
what should i do?

After reading some post here, I realize I forgot to include payment for processing fee of my three children. I have only sent payment of $1100 for the both of us (couple).

What should i do? should i wait for CIO's letter of instruction or can i send another draft for my 3 dependents?
Send them a fax with a new payment form right before they are suppose to handle your application. It takes about 5-6 weeks to get to an application.

I was able to intercept a problem like that.

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
hello Amir,

on what contact number did u fax your new payment form?

will they accept fax copy of the form, wont they require me to send them an original signed form?

lastly, how will they identify my file when I still dont have my file number yet.

Hope you can expound more on your experience. Please tell me what you did so i can correct this problem the soonest, before it will cause additional delays on my processing.

thank you so much in advance.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Kindly do as suggested by bennyameh, he is 100% right!

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doglover said:
Kindly do as suggested by bennyameh, he is 100% right!
Why send a new application if you can send a fax. This is strictly an administrative issue. If they refuse to accept the faxed form you will get your application back anyway. There is no real reason to refuse the faxed form. Just accompany it with a cover letter with your package tracking number, name, DOB. If they take it you will receive your 120 days email, assuming everything else is ok with the application.

The only problem is getting the fax number. I have it from CIC's internal directory and it is not for general public use. Unfortunately I cannot put this number on a public internet forum. You need your representative to take care of that for you, the same way I did for my client.

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And one more thing.

I don't know when you submitted your application, but by the time they reject it (which will likely happen, I don't think they will allow you to add the fee), the 38 list might be different and you may or may not qualify at that point, if you eligibility is based on the POL.

Instead of a fax you can also send a new form in a small envelope (they will know upon receipt it is not a new application) and write prominently on the envelope "Urgent - new payment form enclosed.

If you can, send it with courier. If the courier company impose a large envelope send it with your national post authority with the best premium service they offer to Nova Scotia. Monitor your credit card and email inbox. A lot of it is good will on the part of the folks in the mailing room in Nova Scotia but I was able to send documents in a small envelope that were added to an application that was already there.

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
amir,

thank you so much for taking time to answer my queries.

I will definitely try your advice. You're right if they wont acknowledge my fax they will still return my application. So, i will try anyway.

The most important thing is to look for that fax number.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Amir Shuval said:
Why send a new application if you can send a fax. This is strictly an administrative issue. If they refuse to accept the faxed form you will get your application back anyway. There is no real reason to refuse the faxed form. Just accompany it with a cover letter with your package tracking number, name, DOB. If they take it you will receive your 120 days email, assuming everything else is ok with the application.

The only problem is getting the fax number. I have it from CIC's internal directory and it is not for general public use. Unfortunately I cannot put this number on a public internet forum. You need your representative to take care of that for you, the same way I did for my client.
Thats y i said to do as directed by bennyameh, Fax number is a practical problem here.

U can share NS fax number with jaggy as a PM :)

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
amir,

i sent my application april 6, 2010.

i guess i can still work on it before it can be reviewed.

doglover,

thats a very good suggestion. i would appreciate it really, so i can do both. mailing the correct payment form and sending thru fax too. :) :)

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doglover said:
Thats y i said to do as directed by bennyameh, Fax number is a practical problem here.

U can share NS fax number with jaggy as a PM :)
He can always resort to benny's option if it doesn't work. But my suggestion will keep him in queue and under the current 38 POL.

Sorry but I can't share these numbers. Like all other licensed practitioners I use them for the benefit of my clients but I do not know jiggy that well ;)

It will be unacceptable if everyone start bombarding NS with faxes or calling CIC on internal numbers not for general public use.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amir,
You said are a professional but you are finding it difficult to give a simple and straight anwser.
When the fax copy get to NS with no file no and the package send has not be open,how will the officer match the two together .
It is painful but you need to tell the young man to resend with the correct payment and avoid all the problems .

Jagged.
It is let to you to take the right decision.

Benny

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bennyameh said:
Amir,
You said are a professional but you are finding it difficult to give a simple and straight anwser.
When the fax copy get to NS with no file no and the package send has not be open,how will the officer match the two together .
It is painful but you need to tell the young man to resend with the correct payment and avoid all the problems .

Jagged.
It is let to you to take the right decision.

Benny
Benny my friend,

The same way that I managed to switch a client application from category 1 to category 3 without file number or anything. Just a simple fax. It is not as complicated as you make it sound.

I submit enough applications to NS to know approximately when they will pull the package from the mailing room. Obviously I know when UPS delivered my client's application to CPC-Sydney. You add 1+1 and you time the fax accordingly. Not rocket science and it worked more than once.

And I don't appreciate your offensive intro. You said you are...like this is some unfounded claim. Like I am trying to deceive someone.
Everyone is a grown boy or a girl. They can choose to do what they want.

Cheers,

Amir