+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! How to update SIN to CRA?

freebird.vn

Apr 7, 2022
I got my new SIN in Feb and used that to file my 2020 income tax return with no problems. I also created a new CRA account as my previous account with old SIN via partner login has been deactivated already and cannot be used. My new CRA has my old tax filing with my wp SIN.

There’s no need to inform CRA of your new SIN as service Canada sends that info to CRA.
Hi NOC98,
How did you create your new CRA Account? Can I create it using same sign-in partner as the previous one?
I got a new SIN but in this link https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individuals.html there is only option to click and Sign-in with Sign-in Partner. Thank you

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey there,
I got my new sin after getting PR. and I made new CRA account as well bcz my old one is deactivated. I also got security code by mail and I filled it in that new account. But still, I can’t see any previous mail their or notice of assessment.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey there,
I got my new sin after getting PR. and I made new CRA account as well bcz my old one is deactivated. I also got security code by mail and I filled it in that new account. But still, I can’t see any previous mail their or notice of assessment.
If you recently made account wait few days and then you will be able to see all NOA from previous years. Your old SIN number gets deactivated after PR . You can however certainly give call to CRA and they will fix it .

Jenni2022

Jul 19, 2021
Hello,
I've got new SIN after having PR. I could not log in my CRA account (old sin) now.
SHould I create a new account with new SIN now ?
Do I need to declare Child care benefit again with new CRA account ? Because I've stayed here more than 18 months, I've received monthly CCB under work permit since July 2023 . But I've got PR from Oct,2023, I want to see how CCB in my CRA account but i'm not able to log in now.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,
I've got new SIN after having PR. I could not log in my CRA account (old sin) now.
SHould I create a new account with new SIN now ?
Do I need to declare Child care benefit again with new CRA account ? Because I've stayed here more than 18 months, I've received monthly CCB under work permit since July 2023 . But I've got PR from Oct,2023, I want to see how CCB in my CRA account but i'm not able to log in now.
You have to sign up again with your New Sin number . Your all the old information and tax returns will be automatically merged into new account. If you can’t make new account give a call to CRA and they will help you.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Hi,
Need HELP.

Yesterday, I got my new sin number. People say that old cra account will be deactivated. But I can still login to my old cra account.

Will it take some days to deactivate old cra ?

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Why would you be worried about when they deactivate it?
It matters because there may be problems in filing taxes and hitting tfsa limits, rrsp limits of they don’t link my old account. If my old cra account is not deactivated as other people say, I don’t know if I need to call CRA or wait for few days.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It matters because there may be problems in filing taxes and hitting tfsa limits, rrsp limits of they don’t link my old account. If my old cra account is not deactivated as other people say, I don’t know if I need to call CRA or wait for few days.
Only guidance i can give on that is very little in govt takes a few days. I'd suggest asking a tax professional about the limits issue - as far as I'm aware such issues with llimits are only looked at by CRA some (many) months after completed and filed, but I won't claim to know.

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I really need help pls, because I am trying to figure this out from outside Canada.
I got PR almost year back and wasn’t aware that I had to update new SIN on CRA.
My CRA account (created with WP SIN) login throws error now.
Now for tax filing what can I do, my old account doesn’t login. Should I create new CRA?! I am outside Canada.
Any input is appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really need help pls, because I am trying to figure this out from outside Canada.
Now for tax filing what can I do, my old account doesn’t login. Should I create new CRA?! I am outside Canada.
Call them or use the online chat service:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020

Nothing to worry. Your old sin has been deactivated and data has been migrated to new sin automatically. Just create new cra account with your new sin number and input the last year tax info when asked. You can create new account

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Nothing to worry. Your old sin has been deactivated and data has been migrated to new sin automatically. Just create new cra account with your new sin number and input the last year tax info when asked. You can create new account
Oh thank goodness. I am trying to create register with new SIN. Problem is I haven’t filed my 2022 tax and the registration input asks line 15000 from 2022 tax return. Unsure what should I do.
Also was wondering if CRA account is mandatory needed for filing tax, as right now I am outside Canada.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
Oh thank goodness. I am trying to create register with new SIN. Problem is I haven’t filed my 2022 tax and the registration input asks line 15000 from 2022 tax return. Unsure what should I do.
Also was wondering if CRA account is mandatory needed for filing tax, as right now I am outside Canada.

It is fine if you enter 2021 tax as well

Ems Lee

Aug 12, 2019
I have recently got a letter from CRA to pay back Trillium and GsT, because i have change my SIN. Any help to notified them that I was a Student and now a residence? Is it because the old temporary SIN no longer exists or I will have sign in for a new account?

Thank in advance.

have you resolved this?Did they fix your owing amount?