+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, how to stop my wife to come back

zcc368

Dec 10, 2012
I have PR status in Canada and I married my wife a while ago. So, I sponsor her to Canada. After living together for a period of time, we always quarrel and her parents rude to my family too. she went back to her country because her parents asked her. I talked to her about divorce, but seems like she wants to come back again. However, I don't want her to come back to Canada again. I agree that I have a failed marriage. and I don't want to ruin the rest of my life. Is there any choice that I could try to protect myself? Thanks for help.

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
why would you want to deny her of moving on with her life..you just admitted it did not work out and you did not state she tricked you or anything.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
zcc368 said:
I have PR status in Canada and I married my wife a while ago. So, I sponsor her to Canada. After living together for a period of time, we always quarrel and her parents rude to my family too. she went back to her country because her parents asked her. I talked to her about divorce, but seems like she wants to come back again. However, I don't want her to come back to Canada again. I agree that I have a failed marriage. and I don't want to ruin the rest of my life. Is there any choice that I could try to protect myself? Thanks for help.
has the sponsorship been approved? If yes when ? If no then you can withdraw the application . If she's been approved and landed I doubt if she can be ask to leave . There's nothing you can do to stop her though . Senior members are here so hopefully they have something to day :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Not enough details have been provided to be concrete. But it was "a while ago", and I'll assume she as PR already, and that it wasn't conditional. In that case, she can come back to Canada.

zcc368

Dec 10, 2012
There isn't any trick between her and myself. from my point of view, it seems like it is very hard for me to live with her again. Before marriage, everything was already, we chatting and meet together. After marriage, I have seen the aggressive from she and her family. Her parents yelled me and my parents, and said the marriage was a failure. But when I mentioned to divorce, their answer is no. I feel that I have no way to go and will be being used for their purpose.

And yes, she's application has been approved last year, and she went back to her country in Feb this year. so less than 2 years.

zcc368

Dec 10, 2012
I am sorry about unclear wording here. I am feeling so regret, and I made a huge decision to ask for help on this case. Never thought about the failure marriage would be part of my life.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
zcc368 said:
There isn't any trick between her and myself. from my point of view, it seems like it is very hard for me to live with her again. Before marriage, everything was already, we chatting and meet together. After marriage, I have seen the aggressive from she and her family. Her parents yelled me and my parents, and said the marriage was a failure. But when I mentioned to divorce, their answer is no. I feel that I have no way to go and will be being used for their purpose.

And yes, she's application has been approved last year, and she went back to her country in Feb this year. so less than 2 years.
when did you file your application? Condition 51 states any couple who filed an application on or after October 25, 2012 must live together 2 out of 5 years. So, if your application is filed after that, then you just don't live with her until her clock runs out. Keep in mind if she goes on government assistance while in canada you will be required to pay it back. Also, she can't keep you from filing for a divorce in a canada court of law.

zcc368

Dec 10, 2012
rhcohen2014 said:
when did you file your application? Condition 51 states any couple who filed an application on or after October 25, 2012 must live together 2 out of 5 years. So, if your application is filed after that, then you just don't live with her until her clock runs out. Keep in mind if she goes on government assistance while in canada you will be required to pay it back. Also, she can't keep you from filing for a divorce in a canada court of law.
I file the application in Jan 2013. How about if I report a fraud? would be even worse?

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
zcc368 said:
I file the application in Jan 2013. How about if I report a fraud? would be even worse?
you do not have to report fraud, simply as her PR is conditional, advise CIC that she left in February and the marriage broke down and you are now legally separated and that you are starting divorce proceedings. She and her family doesnt have to agree to divorce. All you have to do is to go to a family lawyer, and file for divorce.

M

mikeymyke

Reporting fraud will not be successful because from what it sounds like, there's no fraud. Your wife did not admit to coming here for PR, there's no evidence she did, to make it harder for you, she even went back to her home country, when keeping in mind, most people want to stay in Canada, even if the marriage wasn't a fraudulent one and the divorce was mutual (see how many threads there are of people asking how they can keep PR even after a mutual divorce).

You just simply had a bad marriage, but it doesn't seem like your wife did it for PR. You're just upset that your marriage failed and you some how just want to do something to get back at her. It's hard but you should get a divorce and move on with your life. And no one, not even her parents, can stop you from getting a divorce.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
zcc368 said:
I believe maybe you guys should get your family off your backs , I believe you two are adults and so you shouldn't let family interfere with your marriage. If possible stay far away from both families and see if it can work out. Marriage is not all Rossy . You need to work at it everyday . Family interference can cause a big problem . That's just by the way . I also think some people knowing they can be ask to leave for marriage if convenience may decide to stay in the marriage but not give you peace of mind. They will fraudstrate you Untill you divorce them . That way they can remain in Canada . You can't allege moc though. Just make sure she doesn't go on welfare . If you divorce her I doubt if she can be asked to leave . The law is not clear on that . Just take it easy and take one day at a time .

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
mikeymyke said:
Reporting fraud will not be successful because from what it sounds like, there's no fraud. Your wife did not admit to coming here for PR, there's no evidence she did, to make it harder for you, she even went back to her home country, when keeping in mind, most people want to stay in Canada, even if the marriage wasn't a fraudulent one and the divorce was mutual (see how many threads there are of people asking how they can keep PR even after a mutual divorce).

You just simply had a bad marriage, but it doesn't seem like your wife did it for PR. You're just upset that your marriage failed and you some how just want to do something to get back at her. It's hard but you should get a divorce and move on with your life. And no one, not even her parents, can stop you from getting a divorce.
He applied in 2013 and from the post does not seem they had children at time of sponsorship so his wife's PR is conditional for 2 years. He has every right to report marriage break down to CIC, which in turn can result in her PR being revoked.

M

mikeymyke

jomz said:
He applied in 2013 and from the post does not seem they had children at time of sponsorship so his wife's PR is conditional for 2 years. He has every right to report marriage break down to CIC, which in turn can result in her PR being revoked.
Yup absolutely. Just go file the divorce tomorrow morning, be done with it. Better to divorce her early on than later when her real fangs start to show.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
jomz said:
really? I didn't know that's possible . So it means after divorce the applicant can risk deportation ? Is there exceptions ? Plz throw more light on that I want to understand . Maybe the op will do that lol. He seem frauatrated . And hey for the two years conditional period does it mean one can not even travel to leave outside Canada for sometime? If yes does it mean his wife is at fault for leaving ?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:
Yup absolutely. Just go file the divorce tomorrow morning, be done with it. Better to divorce her early on than later when her real fangs start to show.
hahaha " real fangs "