+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for Citizenship

May 16, 2020
Hello,

I was returned my application yesterday because I filled the wrong date that led to the impression that my application was received 90 days late. As I prepare another one to resubmit, I notice one of these requests I saw on the notice paper:

• Note: the date of the signature on the original application will still be used for the physical presence calculations.
Can anyone explain?

Best wishes.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
It means that if you just correct the date and send it, the days you accumulated for your physical presence will just be the ones prior to that date, and you get no credit for the days you spent in Canada since then.

Depending on your situation, It may be actually better to make a new application with additional buffer above the 1095 days threshold, you can reuse the same payment proof...

May 16, 2020
It means that if you just correct the date and send it, the days you accumulated for your physical presence will just be the ones prior to that date, and you get no credit for the days you spent in Canada since then.

Depending on your situation, It may be actually better to make a new application with additional buffer above the 1095 days threshold, you can reuse the same payment proof...
So my intended sign date was Aug 1 2020. My false signature date was Jan 8 2020. Should I use Aug 1 2020 or Feb 7 2021?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
August 1.
If you want to use a recent date, you have to make a complete new application. If you've been in Canada since then, it's better to do it.

May 16, 2020
August 1.
If you want to use a recent date, you have to make a complete new application. If you've been in Canada since then, it's better to do it.
Thank you. I have never travel elsewhere so I would choose the later. Another question I have if, if I used the current date should I simply modify my old application form or start a new one using the recently updated form? I think the changes should be minor (e.g. changing dates...)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

So my intended sign date was Aug 1 2020. My false signature date was Jan 8 2020. Should I use Aug 1 2020 or Feb 7 2021?
1. I would go with Feb 7th, but if you do, you should probably complete a new application and calculator and use the new forms.