+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! First Draw Application Declined Because of a System Error!!!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fonteynb said:
I can certainly believe that there are system errors.

I had several problems when filling in my application before submitting it.
Several times I noticed that information I filled in before was gone, completely missing.
In some cases it was easily noticed because the information was indicated as not complete (eg missing passport info)
In other cases it was not visible like that. Just information gone missing.

I noticed at least 4 times.

Before submitting the final application I tried to review all to see if nothing went missing again. I hope I didn't miss anything at that time.

So I can certainly see that info regarding education might be lost because of the system...
Yes, I have also seen information I put in disappear. Right now, as I prepare my PR application, the Personal Details section for both me and my partner says it's "in progress" when it is complete. I do a completeness check of each one, the system remembers that it is in fact complete, changes it to complete, and I can continue on to the document upload. But I have to do this Every Single Time I check my application. Will that information disappear when I transmit it? Who knows?? Scary.

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
dobes said:
Yes, I have also seen information I put in disappear. Right now, as I prepare my PR application, the Personal Details section for both me and my partner says it's "in progress" when it is complete. I do a completeness check of each one, the system remembers that it is in fact complete, changes it to complete, and I can continue on to the document upload. But I have to do this Every Single Time I check my application. Will that information disappear when I transmit it? Who knows?? Scary.
Before submitting just go over all the sections you filled in especially those that were disappearing.
I doublechecked my submitted application and as far as I can see all info is in there and for the uploaded documents, I can see all the filenames I uploaded, although this does not mean that the actual upload was ok.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
ButterflyChemist said:
While you're situation is unfortunate I always dislike it when people blame a system because of an error. It could just as easily been an error in transmission or your internet connection. Many others have receive their PR and were able to upload their information. An error is no reason to disparage it. Having said that I wish you good luck. This will only delay your PR not prevent it.
I disagree strongly. Even if the error was caused by OP's connection/etc., it is still very much CIC's fault. Their website should be prepared for stuff like this, these sort of things happen all the time, every software developer worth his salt must make sure that the system is robust enough - how would the banking system or large online shops function if people would lose money each time there is a blackout or connection is lost? Moreover, I understand that the CIC officer who processed OP's case wasn't a software engineer and couldn't do anything about the glitchy website. However, it was fully within his or her power to simply request the missing number from the OP and resolve the situation gracefully, instead of behaving in the most cruelly bureaucratic way possible and rejecting his application.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
fl_pie said:
I disagree strongly. Even if the error was caused by OP's connection/etc., it is still very much CIC's fault. Their website should be prepared for stuff like this, these sort of things happen all the time, every software developer worth his salt must make sure that the system is robust enough - how would the banking system or large online shops function if people would lose money each time there is a blackout or connection is lost? Moreover, I understand that the CIC officer who processed OP's case wasn't a software engineer and couldn't do anything about the glitchy website. However, it was fully within his or her power to simply request the missing number from the OP and resolve the situation gracefully, instead of behaving in the most cruelly bureaucratic way possible and rejecting his application.
Can't agree more.

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
dobes said:
I think Personal Details section requests you to check for completeness for the corresponding address part. If you check more closely within the Personal Details section, you will see the warning sign on right of Corresponding Address section alone. CIC wants to make sure we are giving them the updated contact addresses.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
cosgrec, I feel strongly for you. Like other people say, I think you should contact CIC, but also create a new profile - I say this because, from my experience and from things I read on this forum, communicating with CIC takes forever and you may receive replies that could have well been generated by a bot, completely missing the point of your query. I too had problems with family info and passport info disappearing from my profile, so I had to reenter them and double-check that they don't vanish afterwards. I suspect that the data loss may be triggered by opening a section of the profile and then closing it before it finishes loading (but that's just that, a suspicion).

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand one thing....Instead of they ask additional document they just reject the application. It doesnt make sense for me. Every time was missing something in my profile when i was opening it as well. Before i submit the final i checked 5 times at least to make sure everything is there. The system is totally shit. The way how they r playing with us is bullshit. Now im scared about my application i thought they will contact with the person if something wrong..... :mad:

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that! yes its just so frustrating... why do they to cancel right away when they could just ask for the documents missing...

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
ChandruBaktha said:
Sorry my friend, your PR application has been refused by CIC,

You have applied under Federal skilled worker category, you should not select the "NO" option for ECA, in your EE application form, for Federal skilled worker category you should submit your ECA,

For CEC and FTW category no need to submit the ECA,

It is not a system error,

Please read the eligibility criteria in the below link,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Really? I chose Yes and inputted my WES #. Didn't you see my 4 year WES ECA equivalence attached? That is why they invited me under FSW! It is a system error

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
eddie.r said:
I dont understand one thing....Instead of they ask additional document they just reject the application. It doesnt make sense for me. Every time was missing something in my profile when i was opening it as well. Before i submit the final i checked 5 times at least to make sure everything is there. The system is totally *censored word*. The way how they r playing with us is bull*censored word*. Now im scared about my application i thought they will contact with the person if something wrong..... :mad:
Exactly!!!

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
fonteynb said:
Before submitting just go over all the sections you filled in especially those that were disappearing.
I doublechecked my submitted application and as far as I can see all info is in there and for the uploaded documents, I can see all the filenames I uploaded, although this does not mean that the actual upload was ok.
My wife and I checked everything before we submitted.

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
SuSha167 said:
I think Personal Details section requests you to check for completeness for the corresponding address part. If you check more closely within the Personal Details section, you will see the warning sign on right of Corresponding Address section alone. CIC wants to make sure we are giving them the updated contact addresses.
Checked for completeness on all sections, thanks.

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
fl_pie said:
cosgrec, I feel strongly for you. Like other people say, I think you should contact CIC, but also create a new profile - I say this because, from my experience and from things I read on this forum, communicating with CIC takes forever and you may receive replies that could have well been generated by a bot, completely missing the point of your query. I too had problems with family info and passport info disappearing from my profile, so I had to reenter them and double-check that they don't vanish afterwards. I suspect that the data loss may be triggered by opening a section of the profile and then closing it before it finishes loading (but that's just that, a suspicion).
Honestly hesitant to do anything until I get some response...