+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Finished a 2-years program but got only 1-year PGWP.

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
Reactions: Samirpanara86

Samirpanara86

Sep 11, 2020
Immigration official can do error or mistake during evaluation or recording information.
To fix these mistake you can use IMM 1436 to amend yout temporary status document.

to this link to follow steps.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
Thanks brother! There should any mistake while processing my application. Otherwise I have checked every documents before submitting my application and I also have consulted many agents in my home country before coming to Canada that if you do two one year program provided that there is no long break, both institutes should be DLI, and length of your course should be one year for each so you will be granted three years work permit. And I have come in Canada with my friends whose profile identical to me. Same both courses and same time we attended the classes. We took admission together in the same college. They got three years work permit. And I only one year. Our transcript and graduation letter is also same.

ParamJ

Feb 26, 2017
Thanks brother! There should any mistake while processing my application. Otherwise I have checked every documents before submitting my application and I also have consulted many agents in my home country before coming to Canada that if you do two one year program provided that there is no long break, both institutes should be DLI, and length of your course should be one year for each so you will be granted three years work permit. And I have come in Canada with my friends whose profile identical to me. Same both courses and same time we attended the classes. We took admission together in the same college. They got three years work permit. And I only one year. Our transcript and graduation letter is also same.
Hi ,

facing same problem. Did you got the solution. Please share

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
How is your situation now Samirpanara86? It is a mystery of how Canadian officers work Lol. My friend who did 1 year program got a 3 years PGWP. And someone like you who suppose to get a 3 years PGWP only got 1 year instead.

May 10, 2022
Hello everyone. I've got some issue here. Please help me!

I finished a 2-years diploma program at BC and applied for a PGWP.

Through my knowledge, student who finished a 2-years program should get a 3 years PGWP.

But today the letter I received in my CIC account shows that I only got a 1 year PGWP.

Might this be the mistake from CIC?

If yes, what should I do now in order to get a 3 years PGWP.

Thank you!
Bro what have you done , i am experiencing same issue. Please assist me

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
From my understanding, if IRCC do not issue a 3 year PGWP, they need to issue a PGWP that is at least of equal period as the study duration of the applicant, nothing shorter than that.

I do believe if you face such situation, you ought to consult an immigraton lawyer.

ssaha26

May 11, 2022
Even I got only 1 year work permit just today. Very sad. But guys, please share some knowledge if you get any leads on what to do next or just carry on with whatever we got?

NOTE: my consultant said you can apply again for a new permit when this one is about to get over. but seriously i am unsure if this will help.
Also please share any consultant/lawyers' contact you feel that can help us in these cases.

May 10, 2022
Even I got only 1 year work permit just today. Very sad. But guys, please share some knowledge if you get any leads on what to do next or just carry on with whatever we got?

NOTE: my consultant said you can apply again for a new permit when this one is about to get over. but seriously i am unsure if this will help.
Also please share any consultant/lawyers' contact you feel that can help us in these cases.
Same here .
Completed 1+1 year program from DLI full time. But officer issued 1 year work permit that’s ridiculous. They are processing files blindly

ssaha26

May 11, 2022
ok at some thread, I read that someone applied for reconsideration & got it sorted. But still need some more light on what to be done now?
Can anyone please confirm if we can apply for reconsideration?

Personally I was thinking to put a query in webform explaining my case.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021

Why wait? What happens if you are not allowed extend the work permit or get a new one issued?
If the current permit issued to you is wrong, then you ought to correct the mistake asap, rather than wait until the current visa has almost lapsed, and then reapply like your agent suggested.

Because that might appear to IRCC that you have accepted the 1 year visa as correct.

Take note that the PGWP is only issued ONCE for every person.