+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! "Decision Ready Shelf" on ATIP Notes ?

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frankwhyte22 said:
Same timeline as well. Mine was August
I actually have one more event after the "decision ready shelf" event. The paper file's location has been changed to "Laurie W." on the 7th of September. No idea what that means....

frankwhyte22

May 1, 2016
tds69us said:
I actually have one more event after the "decision ready shelf" event. The paper file's location has been changed to "Laurie W." on the 7th of September. No idea what that means....
Most likey means the officer assigned to you file. You may soon hear from them.

My best guess is that the "decision ready shelf" is a plave they dump files until an officer picks it up to make a final decision on the application..

I order new notes, hopefully I get them soon

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frankwhyte22 said:
Most likey means the officer assigned to you file. You may soon hear from them.

My best guess is that the "decision ready shelf" is a plave they dump files until an officer picks it up to make a final decision on the application..

I order new notes, hopefully I get them soon
Thats what it sounds like, but I have a feeling its not for two reasons:

1. "Laurie W." is not a name of a location (unless they actually have a location called Laurie W. such as a pile, or a shelf, or a folder, or a room, or a desk,etc...)
2. The ATIP never discloses the names of their agents, officers, or judges. They are all represented by ID numbers to protect their identities.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
tds69us said:
1. "Laurie W." is not a name of a location (unless they actually have a location called Laurie W. such as a pile, or a shelf, or a folder, or a room, or a desk,etc...)
Since it is under location, it is likely a location and since their processing center is on Laurier Avenue West, my guess is that it is just a typo missing an R.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Naheulbeuck said:
Since it is under location, it is likely a location and since their processing center is on Laurier Avenue West, my guess is that it is just a typo missing an R.
May also be the agent's name...

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naheulbeuck said:
This is an interesting observation, however, the office field in the same event says "St. Clair IRCC"

confusing....

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
May also be the agent's name...
I doubt...but knowing IRCC and the kind of ppl that work there...wouldn't be surprised if the agent's name was entered by mistake. So yeah, its possible its the agent's name.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
I doubt...but knowing IRCC and the kind of ppl that work there...wouldn't be surprised if the agent's name was entered by mistake. So yeah, its possible its the agent's name.
Happened with me... ;)

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Happened with me... ;)
Now that you're a citizen, try not to talk about the citizenship processing process with people holding different passports. Lets keep the dirty laundry inside :D

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tds69us said:
Now that you're a citizen, try not to talk about the citizenship processing process with people holding different passports. Lets keep the dirty laundry inside :D
:D

Almost, tds69us... 4 days to go. Can't say I'm sad that this is over.

Sending good vibes your way!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
frankwhyte22 said:
Why did it take you almost two years after test to reach "decision made"?

What local office processed your application.
My file was gently placed in a well ventilated closet for 2 years. A few months ago, I started getting "agitated" and emailed/called my MP, the immigration minister and sending paper/electronic ATIP requests every month. Then a lady who works for my MP started shaking the tree and calling the special MP line every two weeks and magically, the file started moving... A month later, decision made and oath...