+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Confused about program to apply for

Blessedhn

Nov 8, 2014
Iam so confused on which program to apply for. i completed a bachelor of arts in social sciences degree some years back with a grade of 68.8%. After graduation, i got a job in an international bank and worked for 4 years then left. i got another job as an accountant in a private institution and have worked here for 1 year and a half. I have searched programs in universities but most masters programs require one to have a four year degree yet my bachelors was 3 years. Am also confused about applying either for a masters in my bachelors field of study (which has very few programs in canada) or applying for a course based on my work experience. ie business related course. Please advise me. Am so confused. wanted to apply for a course asap.
My profile is;
10th - 69%
12th - 65%
BA (SS) -68.8%

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
i think applying for a course you have experience in would be better, though its my personal opinion. if you are not eligible for maters then you can apply fo post grad diploma. such diplomas are offered by several colleges and universities. selkirk college also offers PG diploma in accounting you can also check their website. are you from Pakistan?

Blessedhn

Nov 8, 2014
Thanks xaviers . i checked out selkirk college post graduate diplomas. If i apply for accounting program, wont the visa issuing officer reject my application giving the reason that my previous studies are not related to the program i have applied for? Am still confused. No am not from pakistani , am from East africa.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
xaviers said:
i think applying for a course you have experience in would be better, though its my personal opinion. if you are not eligible for maters then you can apply fo post grad diploma. such diplomas are offered by several colleges and universities. selkirk college also offers PG diploma in accounting you can also check their website. are you from Pakistan?
I agree!

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
you have two options, go for field related to social sciences or business. I think its better to go for the field in which you have experience.
write an SOP and mention that you have experience in accounting but no qualificaton so it hinders your future prospects and promotions. for this, you need related qualification and it would give them an idea why you want to study accounting. also mention in strong words that this qualificaton will open more job opportunities in your county of residence.