+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! CEC: Submitted "Yes" when asked if I gave biometrics before by accident

SpoiledPratt

Mar 20, 2021
Hi ! So I'm worried because at the part where they ask you "Have you ever got your biometrics done before", I answered "Yes" under the pretense that biometrics meant "having your photograph and fingerprints taken" and I recalled that I had to go through that when passing through Canadian immigration at the airport when I would usually fly back to Canada when I came back from the holidays. (I know, very dumb of me)

It was only when I've already submitted my CEC application that I realized biometrics was a relatively new step they added for applicants (because I didn't recall having to submit biometrics when I applied for student permit back in 2017 and even with PGWP)

My questions are:
- Will my chances of getting approved go lower/Will I get automatically refused because of this accidental answer?

- Will they just delay my application by requiring me to submit biometrics once they find out I potentially may not have biometrics file on their system before continuing my evaluation of my application?

- Is there any way to make changes or revisions to my answer after I've submitted my PR application already? What next steps should I take to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

khalidkhancad

May 24, 2020
I also did the same thing, I do not know up to what extent it can destroy me. I hope they don't reject the application.