+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help. Can't figure out NOC code

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
@jes_ON: I work for a CRO as a senior drug safety associate. I am trying to figure out the correct NOC for pharmacovigilance job skill set. Could you please help me?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
Hi,
I am almost ready for my fsw application,as i want to apply in noc 0121(insurance manager),My designation was Manager Business partner, i want to discuss my jobs and responsibilities

1.Identify and recruit right quality of business partners to build a strong business partner base.
2.Train business partners on company products and selling skills.
3.Provide assistance to business partners in lead generation,prospecting and business development.
4.Motivate and supervise a group of business partners.
5.Ensure that business partners adhere to required business process and norms.
6.Achieve sales target through business partners by ensuring that business partners generate business on month to month.
7.Build and own relationship with business partners and customers.

Seniors kindly guide me may i use noc 0121 insurance manager or may i use noc 6231,if i use noc 6231 does it comes under noc b????????
Hi, I have the same query regarding NOC. I have worked as a Trainee Assistant Sales Manager for Life Insurance company.
My duties were:
· Achieving monthly, quarterly & yearly targets of new business generation & renewals assigned by the company.
· Achieving targeted Insurance Consultant recruitment, their Licensing and month to month activation of Insurance Consultants.
· Responsible for maintaining client relationship, establishing their insurance coverage, calculate premiums and method of payment.
· Recruitment of new Insurance Consultants, organizing their training, licensing examination and documentations for recruited Insurance Consultants.
· Attending joint sales calls of customers in the field with Insurance Consultants.
· Driving Insurance Consultants to generate new business & renewals of life insurance products on daily basis.
· Motivating Insurance Consultants with various competitions and contests launched by the company to achieve targets.
· Conducting regular meets with Insurance consultants and exercising team building activities on regular intervals.

Could you please tell me what NOC code should I go with? 0121 or 6231 ??
Please help!!

gvaishali

Apr 27, 2018
Delhi
Good luck, hope it works. Let me know how it goes -

Please help me with the NOC.

I was a medical student and did my graduation in botany. Afterward due to the lack of job I started working in a BPO as the sales executive. After 1 year I left that job to pursue MBA in marketing and international business, so now I am working as a marketing executive for the past 5 months. My ielts score is 8. My job duties and responsibility say this:

1. Sell and promote energy-efficient products to on-going and potential clients.

2. Provide after sale services to resolve issues and answer queries regarding the usage, or,

installation of products etc.

3. Evaluate the alternative products available in the market to draw a healthy comparison in

terms of benefits, pricing, functioning, maintenance cost, longevity, etc.

4. Assess the industry trends, facts and figures to make the clients aware of the need and

the potential for energy saving in the growing economy.

5. Promote our project and products by calling to new partners and potential clients to gain

interest in energy-efficient products available at the subsidized price for their offices and

business units.

6. Prepare the sales pitch emphasizing on the benefits, usage and installation process.

7. Calculate the approximate cost for the installation, repairmen, replacement and the

product price itself.

8. Maintain customer records and develop sales and marketing plans to achieve targets.

This project was for the Australian clients, so we needed someone with fluency in the

English language along with strong academic qualifications in science background. And

after the intense training for a month on energy efficiency and energy saving potential in the

industry, we found her fit for the job.

I am confused about my primary NOC. Earlier I was thinking to apply under NOC 6221 (technical sales representative) for my BPO work ex, but the employment requirement says that a university degree or college diploma in a program related to the product or service is usually required. Though the letter says about the training provided by the employer, my graduation degree has nothing to do with it.

Should I go with this NOC or not? I am afraid of the rejection of my application.

Please help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am confused about my primary NOC. Earlier I was thinking to apply under NOC 6221 (technical sales representative) for my BPO work ex, but the employment requirement says that a university degree or college diploma in a program related to the product or service is usually required.

The "employment requirements" are not used for immigration purposes, you only need to find the that has the best fit with the lead statement and the job duties/responsibilities. It does not matter at all (in this case) whether or not your degree matches.

Just a note about NOC 6221, it specifies "wholesale" so it only works for you if the company sells to other companies (not direct to the public/consumer). If this is the case, your letter should include this information - just one or two sentences about your employer's company, what it does, and who the customers are.

BTW, I have no idea what "BPO" is, and you should not assume that a VO will know either.

gvaishali

Apr 27, 2018
Delhi
Thanks for your reply and my apologies for not being clear about this term- BPO stands for Business process outsourcing.
My job role was to market the products by outbound calling to the potential customer base and to make sales over the call. The project was associated with the energy efficiency scheme by the Australian government and applied to government, commercial and industrial establishments like offices, warehouses, retail businesses, etc
Though the technical candidate was not required for the job, I was provided with the training about the technical aspects of the energy saving products.
So I have doubts if the technical word really goes with my job profile?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for your reply and my apologies for not being clear about this term- BPO stands for Business process outsourcing.
My job role was to market the products by outbound calling to the potential customer base and to make sales over the call. The project was associated with the energy efficiency scheme by the Australian government and applied to government, commercial and industrial establishments like offices, warehouses, retail businesses, etc
Though the technical candidate was not required for the job, I was provided with the training about the technical aspects of the energy saving products.
So I have doubts if the technical word really goes with my job profile?
But, what IS the product? And WHO are the customers?

The word "technical" on the NOC code has nothing to do with you - it only refers to the product/service being sold by your company. That is why it is so important to describe the goods/services sold by your company, and you haven't really described what that is yet...

Last edited:

gvaishali

Apr 27, 2018
Delhi
But, what IS the product? And WHO are the customers?

The word "technical" on the NOC code has nothing to do with you - it only refers to the product/service being sold by your company. That is why it is so important to describe the goods/services sold by your company, and you haven't really described what that is yet...

The products were energy efficient like LED lights, solar pannels and hydro or wind heaters, etc. These products were available at the subsidized price by the government and for both business and public. We were dealing in B2B (business to business) and was working not directly for the government but for the electricians who were accredited under the government scheme.

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The products were energy efficient like LED lights, solar pannels and hydro or wind heaters, etc. These products were available at the subsidized price by the government and for both business and public. We were dealing in B2B (business to business) and was working not directly for the government but for the electricians who were accredited under the government scheme.
OK, so clearly technical and clearly wholesale. I think you have your NOC : )

anjstacansi27

Oct 24, 2019
Hi. We have the same problem.
Although this was posted 2yrs ago. Any update on your application? Since my experience is NOC 4165 and I want to claim points on my PEBC.
@jes_ON

Sorry, I didn't know this is a CEC forum. I don't have any work experience in Canada. So I am applying for FSWP.

Exactly, it is beneficial if I have my documents evaluated through PEBC because I have to do it anyway sooner or later. But regarding ECA terms, I am getting confused because it states:
"The PEBC is authorized by CIC to provide ECA for Principal applicants intending to apply under FSWP and for whom Pharmacist would be the Primary Occupation to immigrate to Canada."

Howerver, I am basing my application on NOC 4165. No doubt, I am a licensed pharmacist in my country. I just mean to say that I am not applying as Pharmacist( NOC 3131) as my primary occupation since I have less than 1 year experience under NOC 3131.

The difference in CRS score is due to the fact that when you have you documents evaluated through WES, it evaluates as Bachelor's degree. On the other hand, when you evaluate with PEBC, it says professional degree. And there are different points for both of them: 120 for Bachelors and 135 for professional degree.

I am afraid that CIC may later reject my application for PR because I didn't agree to the terms for document evaluation. Or is it just I am being silly!
Hi. We

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
@jes_ON : I have been into Software sales into a B2B setup for last 8 - 9 eight years. I have done BA and MBA, would it be irrelevant if i choose 6221.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON : I have been into Software sales into a B2B setup for last 8 - 9 eight years. I have done BA and MBA, would it be irrelevant if i choose 6221.
??? Why would you think it would be irrelevant?

Aruntocanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
NOC Code......
??? Why would you think it would be irrelevant?
My only concerns is if my studies are not in line with my NOC for SINP? i heard they are strict about it

My noc is 6221 ( technical sale wholesale) and education is BA and MBA, not no technical degree?