01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi
and now I need help in finding out my NOC which I can't be able to find out using NOC table.
Here are the Job details:
Job title Pharmacy Benefit Analyst,
Job Description
Pharma Benefit Analyst
A Pharmacy Benefit Manager is a third party administrator of prescription drug programs. They are primarily responsible for processing and paying prescription drug claims. They also are responsible for developing and maintaining the formulary, contracting with pharmacies, and negotiating discounts and rebates with drug manufacturers.
Key Skills: Claims Associate, Healthcare Claims, Claims Adjudication, Claims Processing, Claims Process, BPO Backend process, Back office, BPO Process, Data entry, Data processing

This description does not help at all. One job title is "Pharmacy benefit analyst," then it says "Pharmacy benefit manager..." those would be two different NOCs with different job duties and responsibilities - related, but different. So, which is it? Also would help to know who you work for - a private insurance company, or a government insurance provider?

If you work for a private insurance company, it could be NOC 1312 -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1312&ver=16&val65=health insurance

(on my job offer there are no job duties & description mentioned at all so do i need to get another letter with job duties?)

Regardless of what is in your "offer" letter (not required, unless you are claiming points for a job offer), you must provide an employer reference letter which describes your job duties and responsibilities. It might help to get this, to figure out what your NOC is.

veerla

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi Jes_ON
Thanks very much for your response and the documents I had, related to my Job are not having any Job duties or Job description nowhere written in it, the Job designation is "PHARMACY BENEFIT ANALYST" and I worked for a Private Insurance company. I requested them for reference letter with job duties but they refused to give and now I got only Experience letter with dates and Job designation.(I can get the reference or support letter with job duties from a Senior colleague - is it okay?)
I have given my NOC code as 1252 for EE file so can I change my NOC now I am scared if I change anything my file gets missed out for next draw if there's any draw at that time.
Please guide me and thanks a lot

veerla

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
I am NOC 1252. I studied Health information management. I don't think you come in that category. read the job duties and eligibility under NOC 1252
Hi, Socrates, does NOC depends on education or what we studied? if it is I got Masters in Administration Global Health & Human services & Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
In the job letter, I got no Job duties that is my problem, so I was thinking to get a letter from a senior colleague with job duties which are matching about 80% with NOC 1252. & I think I will take help from any consultant or lawyer.
Thank you

socrates

Mar 13, 2013
Hi, Socrates, does NOC depends on education or what we studied? if it is I got Masters in Administration Global Health & Human services & Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
In the job letter, I got no Job duties that is my problem, so I was thinking to get a letter from a senior colleague with job duties which are matching about 80% with NOC 1252. & I think I will take help from any consultant or lawyer.
Thank you
Health Information Management is very skill specific profession. If you read the NOC job descriptions and requirements and Job titles you will clearly understand that its not your NOC code. We also require an additional national certification to be employed in Canada. There should be some other NOC code for your job. Please don't select the wrong one. You can also go through the accepted job titles under this NOC code.

veerla

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Health Information Management is very skill specific profession. If you read the NOC job descriptions and requirements and Job titles you will clearly understand that its not your NOC code. We also require an additional national certification to be employed in Canada. There should be some other NOC code for your job. Please don't select the wrong one. You can also go through the accepted job titles under this NOC code.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Jes_ON
Thanks very much for your response and the documents I had, related to my Job are not having any Job duties or Job description nowhere written in it, the Job designation is "PHARMACY BENEFIT ANALYST" and I worked for a Private Insurance company. I requested them for reference letter with job duties but they refused to give and now I got only Experience letter with dates and Job designation.

(I can get the reference or support letter with job duties from a Senior colleague - is it okay?)
I can't tell you it's OK, the VO will have to decide that. But it's certainly better than no letter with job duties/responsibilities, and others have succeeded with the supplemental letter.

I have given my NOC code as 1252 for EE file so can I change my NOC now I am scared if I change anything my file gets missed out for next draw if there's any draw at that time.

You can change the NOC any time before you apply, no worries.

But none of us can help you much unless you give us some idea of what you actually did. Write a list of job duties/responsibilities yourself -

Last edited:

veerla

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi Jes,
I am having no idea what to do now? I will go with NOC 1312 if not 1252 and the list of job duties I did there are like this:
Job Description / Roles & Responsibilities / duties:

Analyze benefit requests and secure all necessary data to ensure appropriate Implementation based on applied logic of RxCLAIM (by SXC) pharmacy claim adjudication system.
1. Work with Client Management to implement new and maintain existing benefit plans and client pricing in the pharmacy claim adjudication system.
2. Work with Clinical Pharmacy to implement formulary updates and clinical programs in the pharmacy claim adjudication system.
3. Work with Pharmacy Network Management to implement pharmacy rate changes and network additions in the pharmacy claim adjudication system.
4. Ensure timely communication of any issues and/or information needed to complete a plan request.
5. Develop client specific implementation plans and manage implementation processes in accordance with department protocol.
6. Run queries out of the RxCLAIM adjudication system to secure all necessary information to implement plan requests.
7. Develop and run macros in RxCLAIM to implement plan requests.
8. Perform claim testing to ensure accurate claim adjudication.
9. Maintain acceptable and appropriate quality levels and production turnaround times
10. Adhere to all documentation standards within the department.
11. Assist with the development of process improvements for the department.
12. Research and respond to all claims processing inquiries from Client

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Reactions: lost_identity

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi!
I am a pharmacist but I have been working on NOC 4165 for over 1 year. so what will be my primary occupation? IF I select 4165 as my primary occupation, am i allowed to have my documents evaluation from PEBC so that i can claim 135 points for my education. ANd under NOC 3131 (pharmacist), I only have 3-5 months experience.
The ECA application form for PEBC has the following terms.
"I intend to apply to CIC as a pharmacist under FSWP, and in connection with my application, I hereby request ECA Report. I understand that PEBC is authorized by CIC to provide an ECA for pharmacist applicants to the FSWP."

This really confuses me. Please help. If I get my education evaluated through WES, I will have less points for my education that leaves me ineligible for FSWP. So, I have thought of evaluating my education through PEBC though it is expensive ( costs about 1000$).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You posted in the CEC class forum, but you mention FSW below. Is any of your experience in Canada?

I am a pharmacist but I have been working on NOC 4165 for over 1 year. so what will be my primary occupation?
If you apply under FSW, you MUST have one full year of experience in a single NOC. If it is under CEC, it doesn't matter.

IF I select 4165 as my primary occupation, am i allowed to have my documents evaluation from PEBC so that i can claim 135 points for my education.
Of course, tho it's not clear to me why the points would be different. The other advantage of the PEBC is that if you ever want to practice as a licensed pharmacist in Canada, you would have to do this anyway.

The ECA application form for PEBC has the following terms.
"I intend to apply to CIC as a pharmacist under FSWP, and in connection with my application, I hereby request ECA Report. I understand that PEBC is authorized by CIC to provide an ECA for pharmacist applicants to the FSWP."

This really confuses me. ??? What, exactly, is confusing?

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
@jes_ON

Sorry, I didn't know this is a CEC forum. I don't have any work experience in Canada. So I am applying for FSWP.

Exactly, it is beneficial if I have my documents evaluated through PEBC because I have to do it anyway sooner or later. But regarding ECA terms, I am getting confused because it states:
"The PEBC is authorized by CIC to provide ECA for Principal applicants intending to apply under FSWP and for whom Pharmacist would be the Primary Occupation to immigrate to Canada."

Howerver, I am basing my application on NOC 4165. No doubt, I am a licensed pharmacist in my country. I just mean to say that I am not applying as Pharmacist( NOC 3131) as my primary occupation since I have less than 1 year experience under NOC 3131.

The difference in CRS score is due to the fact that when you have you documents evaluated through WES, it evaluates as Bachelor's degree. On the other hand, when you evaluate with PEBC, it says professional degree. And there are different points for both of them: 120 for Bachelors and 135 for professional degree.

I am afraid that CIC may later reject my application for PR because I didn't agree to the terms for document evaluation. Or is it just I am being silly!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON

Sorry, I didn't know this is a CEC forum. I don't have any work experience in Canada. So I am applying for FSWP.

Exactly, it is beneficial if I have my documents evaluated through PEBC because I have to do it anyway sooner or later. But regarding ECA terms, I am getting confused because it states:
"The PEBC is authorized by CIC to provide ECA for Principal applicants intending to apply under FSWP and for whom Pharmacist would be the Primary Occupation to immigrate to Canada."

Howerver, I am basing my application on NOC 4165. No doubt, I am a licensed pharmacist in my country. I just mean to say that I am not applying as Pharmacist( NOC 3131) as my primary occupation since I have less than 1 year experience under NOC 3131.

The difference in CRS score is due to the fact that when you have you documents evaluated through WES, it evaluates as Bachelor's degree. On the other hand, when you evaluate with PEBC, it says professional degree. And there are different points for both of them: 120 for Bachelors and 135 for professional degree.

I am afraid that CIC may later reject my application for PR because I didn't agree to the terms for document evaluation. Or is it just I am being silly!
Well, no, you're not being silly... unfortunately, now that I understand your question better and have re-read everything, I think you're probably right... if you're not using 3131 as your primary NOC, you should probably choose WES or one of the other approved organizations.. I know that others who have used WES (not claiming to be pharmacists) have had their ECAs accepted, so the only downside is losing the 15 points...

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Well, no, you're not being silly... unfortunately, now that I understand your question better and have re-read everything, I think you're probably right... if you're not using 3131 as your primary NOC, you should probably choose WES or one of the other approved organizations.. I know that others who have used WES (not claiming to be pharmacists) have had their ECAs accepted, so the only downside is losing the 15 points...
Yes, that would be fine if only I would lose 15 points. But the weird part is I become ineligible in the FSW points grid with WES evaluation (WES 21 vs PEBC 23). I will have total 66 points with WES whereas 68 points with PEBC evaluation, and the minimum points required for FSWP is 67.

I have CLB 9 in IELTS and would have 450 points with PEBC evaluation. Looking at the current trend, this CRS score can get me an ITA very soon. Because I don't want to miss this opportunity, I have applied to PEBC recently and I'm waiting for the ECA report that usually takes 2-3 months. After all, my degree is a professional degree, so I have thought of trying my luck.

Thank you jes_ON for your reply. It was helpful.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, that would be fine if only I would lose 15 points. But the weird part is I become ineligible in the FSW points grid with WES evaluation (WES 21 vs PEBC 23). I will have total 66 points with WES whereas 68 points with PEBC evaluation, and the minimum points required for FSWP is 67.

I have CLB 9 in IELTS and would have 450 points with PEBC evaluation. Looking at the current trend, this CRS score can get me an ITA very soon. Because I don't want to miss this opportunity, I have applied to PEBC recently and I'm waiting for the ECA report that usually takes 2-3 months. After all, my degree is a professional degree, so I have thought of trying my luck.

Thank you jes_ON for your reply. It was helpful.
Good luck, hope it works. Let me know how it goes -