+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello

Beautybest28

Oct 22, 2017
Hi I came into Canada with my two kids from US in June 2017 I went for my hearing in August and I was as accepted as a convention refugee I got my Decision letter in September(last month) now am abt to apply for my PR card for myself,my kids and my Husband but he is in the US but married to an American lady ,Can I go on to include him in my application??? Or will it cause a problem for me if I go on with it pls I need an answer ASAP with details

Beautybest28

Oct 22, 2017
We re married by common law we had some misunderstanding but now we back together and he wants to come over to Canada to come live with his kids despite being married he doesn't have a green card or SSN in US

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't be married by common law to someone who is married. He will have to get a divorce and then you can go through the sponsorship process but seems like you may need to get married depending on when you lived together for 1 year. When did you live together for one year? When did he get married? How old are your children?

Reactions: Buletruck

Beautybest28

Oct 22, 2017
He got married 10 months ago we got separated during this period but now he wants us to come back does it mean I can't apply for him together with mine??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He got married 10 months ago we got separated during this period but now he wants us to come back does it mean I can't apply for him together with mine??
Definitely not. What about his wife? You also can't claim that you are common law. You were common law in the past but when he got married that becomes irrelevant.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. You are no longer common law. If he was to divorce and marry you it’s very likely IRCC will see it as a marriage of convenience, given his immigration history and marital history.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You’re application would be rejected and you could potentially be held for misrepresentation if you know he’s married yet applied for him as your common law spouse. That would be really bad and would probably result in you loosing your status as well.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They do background checks of public records. They also have complete access to us immigration. And if you lie about it, that’s fraud and a criminal offence in Canada. You would be guaranteed to loose both your PR and refugee status.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you send an application to include him, he has to include all relevant information about himself, including his current status. He will need t provide fingerprints and an FBI report. He also signs a document tat allows IRCC to do whatever background searches in any country on him. Suffice to say, they will find out.

If you are considering committing misrepresentation, you will find this forum very unhelpfulpful and unwelcoming. No one here will assist you commit fraud.

Beautybest28

Oct 22, 2017
Ok thanks a lot for the information,but how long will it take for my PR card and that of my 2kids to come if I make the application