+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helican - Study Permit Questions and Answers

Chase2017

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey helican,
I applied study permit on nov,2017 still in process it’s been more than 6months now no reply i had interview done. On interview they said they will let me know results in 3-4 days.. it’s pass 20 days still no reply.. now my online status showing background check., i m so stressed what’s going on do you hv any idea?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey helican,
I applied study permit on nov,2017 still in process it’s been more than 6months now no reply i had interview done. On interview they said they will let me know results in 3-4 days.. it’s pass 20 days still no reply.. now my online status showing background check., i m so stressed what’s going on do you hv any idea?
which country you applying from?

was the interview done on phone or at the Canadian embassy??

did they call you to set up the interview or your agent?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hey helican,
If they had to reject you then they would have done that in 1-2 weeks after the interview. Send a case specific enquiry.

Chase2017

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
If they had to reject you then they would have done that in 1-2 weeks after the interview. Send a case specific enquiry.
Thank you for reply.. I did enquiry so many times they are not answering.. interview was 3:30 hours they are just asking me and my husband marriage questions nothing else.. we did almost all answers same I don’t know why they are doing background check now.. is that possible someone did complaints about our marriage? Because people saying maybe that’s why they taking too long and doing background checks too ? I m so stressed

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
@Helican

So there has been a complete change of circumstances. I was offered a fully position for an MASc last evening from Queens University (tuition and living). I had already paid Waterloo but talked to them and they will reverse the payment if I ask.

Now the question:

Do I need to provide bank statements if it's a fully funded position? If so, there is a huge transaction from my sponsors account to me and from me to Waterloo. Do I just come out clean and explain to the VO that I sent the funds to Waterloo and they will refund me in 4-5 weeks?

I can provide evidence by providing them a Letter of Acceptance from Waterloo, in addition to the letter from Queens but i don't have a letter from Waterloo saying they have the funds and I'm not sure if they will provide me with one if I ask for a refund etc.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
@Helican

So there has been a complete change of circumstances. I was offered a fully position for an MASc last evening from Queens University (tuition and living). I had already paid Waterloo but talked to them and they will reverse the payment if I ask.

Now the question:

Do I need to provide bank statements if it's a fully funded position? If so, there is a huge transaction from my sponsors account to me and from me to Waterloo. Do I just come out clean and explain to the VO that I sent the funds to Waterloo and they will refund me in 4-5 weeks?

I can provide evidence by providing them a Letter of Acceptance from Waterloo, in addition to the letter from Queens but i don't have a letter from Waterloo saying they have the funds and I'm not sure if they will provide me with one if I ask for a refund etc.
I am trying to find a thread in this forum wherein somebody from the US also had a fully funded offer from some university. His visa application was refused and the reason was for the funds available. He too was confused as it was a funded program.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Thank you for reply.. I did enquiry so many times they are not answering.. interview was 3:30 hours they are just asking me and my husband marriage questions nothing else.. we did almost all answers same I don’t know why they are doing background check now.. is that possible someone did complaints about our marriage? Because people saying maybe that’s why they taking too long and doing background checks too ? I m so stressed
background checks can take time.. I dont see why somebody would complain about your marriage.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I am trying to find a thread in this forum wherein somebody from the US also had a fully funded offer from some university. His visa application was refused and the reason was for the funds available. He too was confused as it was a funded program.
Here is what I'm considering:

Provide my sponsor's and my statements. These will show the transaction to Waterloo, which I can support by providing Waterloo's LOA. I then explain to VO that these funds will be reversed in 4-5 weeks.

My sponsor/employer can provide an affidavit confirming the above and they will support me for any unexpected expenses. My personal statement also has around CAD 30,000, in addition to CAD 14,000 left from sponsor.

in addition, the offical CIC proof of funds says the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
I think the bolded part makes it very clear.

Lovely786786

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hello friends,

My profile
10th - 82%
+2 - 86%
B.com - 62.2%
Ielts bands overall 6.5(L-7.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5)
I am from india and I am planning to apply visa for international business management course
Is there any chance to get refusal?
Please help me
Thanks.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello friends,

My profile
10th - 82%
+2 - 86%
B.com - 62.2%
Ielts bands overall 6.5(L-7.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5)
I am from india and I am planning to apply visa for international business management course
Is there any chance to get refusal?
Please help me
Thanks.
try to score atleast 6 in each band.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Here is what I'm considering:

Provide my sponsor's and my statements. These will show the transaction to Waterloo, which I can support by providing Waterloo's LOA. I then explain to VO that these funds will be reversed in 4-5 weeks.

My sponsor/employer can provide an affidavit confirming the above and they will support me for any unexpected expenses. My personal statement also has around CAD 30,000, in addition to CAD 14,000 left from sponsor.

in addition, the offical CIC proof of funds says the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
I think the bolded part makes it very clear.
yes, submit whatever you were planning to submit when you only had waterloo's offer.

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I have been issued a visa due to late issuance of visa i've deferred till next intake. Right now the deffered program is same as one at the time i applied for visa but if i want to change that program now within same college will it create any issue for study permit issuance when i'll land Canada?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I have been issued a visa due to late issuance of visa i've deferred till next intake. Right now the deffered program is same as one at the time i applied for visa but if i want to change that program now within same college will it create any issue for study permit issuance when i'll land Canada?
No, it won't have any harm of whatsoever. If you know that you can't state clear reasons why you have change your program at the POE, wait till you get to Canada and change it within Canada.

All the best.