+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing decision letter delayed

Fozia Anwar

Jan 3, 2019
Ontario
Not true. Some times the adjudicator wants to do some more research but it has to do with how they do their administrative stuff and how behind they are. Don't panic and just wait for the response.
Thank you so much for everyone .when I will My decision definitely I will share with you guys .stay blessed

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
It's a month now that I av done my assylum claim hearing but the board member didn't tell me the decision but promised to post it.. Up till now av not received the notice of decision. How long does it take to send decision letter and if the decision is negative will it take a long time too. Am just curious
We are in the same boat. What happened and how long it took for your

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
What has your lawyer said? Have they been in touch with the secretary of the irb member?
Not yet how long does it take normally

alce1119

Jan 1, 2016
Hi Dear members,
I had my hearing in Jan 15th, I have not received the notice of decision yet. I called a few times but they simply say that there are not new updates. I wonder if anybody in this forum has had a similar experience.

Lawyer tells me that she does not know why is taking too long.

Any comments or questions are welcome

Thank you in advance!

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi Dear members,
I had my hearing in Jan 15th, I have not received the notice of decision yet. I called a few times but they simply say that there are not new updates. I wonder if anybody in this forum has had a similar experience.

Lawyer tells me that she does not know why is taking too long.

Any comments or questions are welcome

Thank you in advance!
I knew some people like this, as I understand there are some cases need more time specially if you have a Canadian kids, they will send your case to a special committee to take the decision on behalf of the board member. I think that will be a good indication too.

alce1119

Jan 1, 2016
I knew some people like this, as I understand there are some cases need more time specially if you have a Canadian kids, they will send your case to a special committee to take the decision on behalf of the board member. I think that will be a good indication too.
Thank you! Talab111
Never knew about this special committee, that is very interesting, I guess our case is not an easy one!

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Thank you! Talab111
Never knew about this special committee, that is very interesting, I guess our case is not an easy one!
Is it normal to get approved after a letter is sent out or do you thInk the chance of positive decision is less if they don’t tell you verbally on table.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it normal to get approved after a letter is sent out or do you thInk the chance of positive decision is less if they don’t tell you verbally on table.
Not getting a decision during your hearing doesn't mean you will be denied. Some members prefer not to give decisions during the hearing. Sometimes they want to look something up or reflect a bit more.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Not getting a decision during your hearing doesn't mean you will be denied. Some members prefer not to give decisions during the hearing. Sometimes they want to look something up or reflect a bit more.
Oh canuck78 you made my day I am so happy to hear your positive feedback while some out here discouraged me too much while my hearing went ok. Please share ur experiences if you know someOne in same limbo who got positive decision later on

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh canuck78 you made my day I am so happy to hear your positive feedback while some out here discouraged me too much while my hearing went ok. Please share ur experiences if you know someOne in same limbo who got positive decision later on
Don’t want to get your hopes up but definitely doesn’t guarantee refusal.

alce1119

Jan 1, 2016
Hello Luckyrefugee, to be honest with you, I have faith that regardless of the decision we get, we’ll manage with God’s favor. We still have the RAD,Judicial review, and H &C. You know we have found that the key to cope up with the uncertainty, Is to live one day at the time. For us the wait for the audience was somewhat average 2 and half years. as for the NOD, as a said before going into the 8th month.
While in the audience board member did not render a decision, in fact I was surprised that it only lasted 45 min. At the end he said “ I would need more time to go over your case and render a decision. You will get it in the mail at a later time.

So hang in there we are one step ahead in the process. As many people in this forum had pointed out. Stay busy and positive!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Luckyrefugee, to be honest with you, I have faith that regardless of the decision we get, we’ll manage with God’s favor. We still have the RAD,Judicial review, and H &C. You know we have found that the key to cope up with the uncertainty, Is to live one day at the time. For us the wait for the audience was somewhat average 2 and half years. as for the NOD, as a said before going into the 8th month.
While in the audience board member did not render a decision, in fact I was surprised that it only lasted 45 min. At the end he said “ I would need more time to go over your case and render a decision. You will get it in the mail at a later time.

So hang in there we are one step ahead in the process. As many people in this forum had pointed out. Stay busy and positive!
I would have your lawyer follow-up to make sure there is not an administrative error going on.