+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing decision letter delayed

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
It's a month now that I av done my assylum claim hearing but the board member didn't tell me the decision but promised to post it.. Up till now av not received the notice of decision. How long does it take to send decision letter and if the decision is negative will it take a long time too. Am just curious

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Ameeroov, I believe if it takes long time to send the decision letter, it must be a positive response. Am I correct? In other word someone said it takes longer time to send acceptance letter to claimants than rejection letter. Is it true?Thanks for your response

Reactions: Solviah

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Please I need u great guyz to enlighten me. Uptil now my hearing decision letter has not been sent. However, I called immigration and they transffered me to the exact officer in charge of my file. She told me that in 2 weeks or latest 3 wks time I wil get it that they are traslating the audio of the hearing to English for me. My question is do they translate negative decisions too or only positive/accepted claims? Pls reply am curios

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi,

thank you for your question..

I am also was interested in this question but with some different moments.

So mine was August 27, It started at 1 pm, Board Member told me that we will finish 1,5 hour, but we had 2 times break and even it lasted more,
and my hearing finished around 6 pm. Besides me, translator, lawyer and Board Member, there was no one.

Just Security , who waited to close doors.

At last moment, my lawyer said, she would send the defense ( i do not know how it calls) about me, when Board member told by which date, she said the first week September.

So from that moment till now, there is no any news, no from my Lawyer, no from Immigration.

My question is, is it usually the way how lawyer do? how it effects to the hearing?

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,

thank you for your question..

I am also was interested in this question but with some different moments.

So mine was August 27, It started at 1 pm, Board Member told me that we will finish 1,5 hour, but we had 2 times break and even it lasted more,
and my hearing finished around 6 pm. Besides me, translator, lawyer and Board Member, there was no one.

Just Security , who waited to close doors.

At last moment, my lawyer said, she would send the defense ( i do not know how it calls) about me, when Board member told by which date, she said the first week September.

So from that moment till now, there is no any news, no from my Lawyer, no from Immigration.

My question is, is it usually the way how lawyer do? how it effects to the hearing?
My Lawyer told me that sometime board member asked lawyer to send written letter about what are their observations regarding client's case. I think defense mean is the same letter which they need to submit after the hearing.

Reactions: captains

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
My Lawyer told me that sometime board member asked lawyer to send written letter about what are their observations regarding client's case. I think defense mean is the same letter which they need to submit after the hearing.

yes, I also think like that,

Is it a long time ago with your situation? how about the decision, did you get already?

A lawyer could send any opinion, like positive or negative ones?

I contacted the lawyer by email, but no response.
Probably, I will call tomorrow, check how is the process going all.

Jan 10, 2017
yes, I also think like that,

Is it a long time ago with your situation? how about the decision, did you get already?

A lawyer could send any opinion, like positive or negative ones?

I contacted the lawyer by email, but no response.
Probably, I will call tomorrow, check how is the process going all.
I haven't got hearing date as yet. But my lawyer told me that sometime they been asked to provide their opinion by written letter. Is your lawyer is from legal aid?

Fozia Anwar

Jan 3, 2019
Ontario
It's a month now that I av done my assylum claim hearing but the board member didn't tell me the decision but promised to post it.. Up till now av not received the notice of decision. How long does it take to send decision letter and if the decision is negative will it take a long time too. Am just curious
Hi I m the same situation I m heard if decision came in 15 days they will accept if late they will reject .if any share experience please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I m the same situation I m heard if decision came in 15 days they will accept if late they will reject .if any share experience please
Not true. Some times the adjudicator wants to do some more research but it has to do with how they do their administrative stuff and how behind they are. Don't panic and just wait for the response.

Reactions: live&love