+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing decision letter delayed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My lawyer already sent it to me. The problem is that the copy they will give us has stamps and signature. But for lawyer it doesn't have and has no validation. Our adress was correct I saw on the lawyer NOD copy
Would wait you will likely get in next week. They likely sent it out via internal mail so it may have taken a few days to get mailed out. It was a holiday weekend so that also took a day. If you have not received your NOD in the mail by next Friday then I would call. If you contact someone now you will just be told to wait it is in the mail.

Reactions: Kianpouyan

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
My lawyer already sent it to me. The problem is that the copy they will give us has stamps and signature. But for lawyer it doesn't have and has no validation. Our adress was correct I saw on the lawyer NOD copy
It tales up to 2 weeks, my copy arrived around May 5th and the date on it was April 16th, about 20 days after it was put

Reactions: Kianpouyan

Kianpouyan

Aug 7, 2021
Would wait you will likely get in next week. They likely sent it out via internal mail so it may have taken a few days to get mailed out. It was a holiday weekend so that also took a day. If you have not received your NOD in the mail by next Friday then I would call. If you contact someone now you will just be told to wait it is in the mail.
Thank you for your reply. I couldn't understand what you mean by I would call?

Kianpouyan

Aug 7, 2021
I got mine yesterday (Through my lawyer) and my hearing was on FEB15, during my hearing, the board member said she will let me know though my lawyer but my hearing went really smooth. Give it some time as it have to pass certain steps even after the board approves your claim. (from the papers my lawyer attached, I've read that my claim was accepted on March 11, but it only reached my lawyers end yesterday, and still waiting for the original package through the mail). GIVE IT SOME TIME and wish you all the best!
Hi. How many days it took that you received your original package?

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I couldn't understand what you mean by I would call?
He means you can call them, but if you have a positive decision just sit and wait, nothing to he done honestly, my hearing was in march 16th and had the decision on the bench, and as I said I got it on may 5th, I called them like 10 times, it's nothing that can be done. so just wait and appreciate that the hardest part of waiting is over :) god bless you I know it's tiresome, next part is waiting on OR, travel document, etc. Best of luck habibi

Kianpouyan

Aug 7, 2021
He means you can call them, but if you have a positive decision just sit and wait, nothing to he done honestly, my hearing was in march 16th and had the decision on the bench, and as I said I got it on may 5th, I called them like 10 times, it's nothing that can be done. so just wait and appreciate that the hardest part of waiting is over :) god bless you I know it's tiresome, next part is waiting on OR, travel document, etc. Best of luck habibi
What is the date on your letter?I mean which date they put it in till you received? I am worried about getting lost. But you are right I should wait and see what happens

Frel

Jun 2, 2021
Pls can you share the number you called,thanks..been waiting since feb