+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance

Alireza77

Dec 15, 2018
do I need health insurance before I enter country or can I get it after I Enter the country?
Will the officer at the border want my health insurance?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
For a study permit you do not need to have health insurance coming into the country, you will get health insurance once your school starts automatically, it is part of your fees.
It is recommended to get travel insurance to cover the time between entering canada and school starting but it is your choice.

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Health insurance is not required for Study Permit. But I would still get some insurance just to be safe..As for me Destination Canada is the best option, they have pretty good coverage for their prices you can check details and compare plans here

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Health insurance is not required for Study Permit. But I would still get some insurance just to be safe..As for me Destination Canada is the best option, they have pretty good coverage for their prices you can check details and compare plans here
You can typically get health insurance after entering a country, but requirements vary by location. Whether officers at the border will ask for health insurance also depends on the country's regulations and entry requirements. It's advisable to research the specific rules of the country you're visiting and be prepared to provide any necessary documentation if asked.