+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Information Management / Medical Records Management

Sam Ebenezer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
I have a Major Bachelor's Degree in English Literature and an overall IELTS score of 7.

I'm very much interested in doing a 2 year Diploma Course in any of the following:

a) Health Records Technologist/ Technician
b) Medical Records Assistant
c) Office Management - Medical Records
d) Medical Office Administrator
e) Health Information Management
f) Medical Records Clerk

Does this kind of job come under "Skilled Category"?
After my studies, once i obtain a job, will I be eligible to apply under "Canadian Experience Class"?

I spoke to one of the counsellor's from IDP, who told me that these courses are not open for International Students. However, when i visited a few college websites, i got to know that these courses are also available for International students.

All i need to confirm is, if i enroll for this course would i be eligible to apply under "Canadian Experience Class" later on?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class, the job in question has to be categorized as NOC 0, A or B. I would advise that you look up each of the above occupations against the 2011 NOC matrix (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf) to determine which qualify as 0, A or B.

At first glance, it appears that (b) and (f) from your list are NOC C occupations.

If you would like assistance in determining the precise NOCs for each occupation in your list, you could contact HRSDC's Labour Market Information Division at: noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca. Make sure you mention that your inquiry is in relation to CEC eligibility criteria.

Sam Ebenezer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Yes, I checked the matrix. It looks like B to me.
However, It won't make me eligible for FSW.

Otherwise, i would consider for a 2 year Dental Hygienist Diploma Course. Hope this could make me eligible for an FSW.

Thanks.. you have been very helpful

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remember that when the FSWP re-opens in May, there may not be an occupation list, in which case any B occupation would qualify.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
Hi amira_mais!!!
I would like to know the category of Health Information Management Programe... Is it NOC 0 or NOC B

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, just to clarify, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is a system for categorizing the skill level and type of jobs, not study programs. A Health Information Manager would be NOC 0.

Sam Ebenezer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Thankyou Amira.....
But, as per the new Federal Skilled Worker Category list released. This occupation seems to be removed from the list.

amira_mais said:
Hi, just to clarify, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is a system for categorizing the skill level and type of jobs, not study programs. A Health Information Manager would be NOC 0.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam Ebenezer said:
Thankyou Amira.....
But, as per the new Federal Skilled Worker Category list released. This occupation seems to be removed from the list.
That's right, I was just responding to the question as to whether a Health Information Management (program) was considered NOC 0 or B. The question didn't pertain to whether the occupation was included in the eligible list for the FSWP.

aneeshrajv

Aug 11, 2014
I am aneesh raj v, i complete my post graduation in medical documentation. currently i am working in KIMS Hospital KOchi as Medical records technician. Now am searching same job in Canada. please give the details.

VARUN_HII

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I am aneesh raj v, i complete my post graduation in medical documentation. currently i am working in KIMS Hospital KOchi as Medical records technician. Now am searching same job in Canada. please give the details.
U NEED TO STUDY HIM PROGRAM IN CANADA AND PASS CHIMA LICENCE TO WORK IN CANADA AS HIM PROFESSIONAL

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
U NEED TO STUDY HIM PROGRAM IN CANADA AND PASS CHIMA LICENCE TO WORK IN CANADA AS HIM PROFESSIONAL
You're posting to a thread that is over three years old. Please don't do that.