+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Care Assistant and being hired as a nanny

terai

Sep 23, 2022
Can my sister-in-law finish a Health Care Assistant Diploma and then be hired by me as a nanny for my son? I am very qualified in terms of income and my sister-in-law and her family are here visiting in Canada. I understand that she needs to have a student visa. Will her son be able to apply for a student permit and her husband (my brother) a work permit? Thanks for answering.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can my sister-in-law finish a Health Care Assistant Diploma and then be hired by me as a nanny for my son? I am very qualified in terms of income and my sister-in-law and her family are here visiting in Canada. I understand that she needs to have a student visa. Will her son be able to apply for a student permit and her husband (my brother) a work permit? Thanks for answering.
Yes she can. Her program must show education and career advancement to justify the costs. So she must show that it is building on her education. If she has any post secondary then it must be advanced. She must show how it will build on her current career. She needs to show ties to return so if he spouse/child want to come then ties must be very strong. As for spouse and child, they can apply with her but it is not guaranteed. They will want to show their own ties and funds.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Her son will be able to get a study permit.
She herself doesn't need to be formally trained to do the home child care pilot. You just need to be reasonably capable of doing the job. If she wants to study just to study, then she can definitely apply for a study permit as well as the caregiver pilot program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She can apply for her child’s study permit while doing a course as a health care aide whether the child get’s the permit is very different. Same goes for her spouse and a WP. Will depend partially on her savings. It tends to be harder to bring a family as an international student when you take a lower level course although there are no exact rules. Is she studying at a public college and does the program qualify for PGWP? That also will determine if the family can remain in Canada and work and study in Canada.

What do you mean by finish a degree? Has she been studying in Canada or outside of Canada and when did she stop studying and if in Canada when did her study permit expire?