+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HCCP- PPR letter received. What are the next steps?

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
Hi, I received a letter for submitting my passport for final decision on my HCCP application. I am wondering what the next steps will be. Specifically, I would like to know if: 1. Is the IRCC going to issue a TRV and a work permit will issued at the Canadian border? 2. After the TRV is issued, within how many days do I have to enter Canada? 3. Can I enter Canada while my employer is away on a vacation to settle down and then join work after my employer returns? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hi, I received a letter for submitting my passport for final decision on my HCCP application. I am wondering what the next steps will be. Specifically, I would like to know if: 1. Is the IRCC going to issue a TRV and a work permit will issued at the Canadian border? 2. After the TRV is issued, within how many days do I have to enter Canada? 3. Can I enter Canada while my employer is away on a vacation to settle down and then join work after my employer returns? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
TRV is for entering Canada and should have a validity of a year or more. It gives you the ability to enter and re-enter unless it's a single use one. TRV is normally issued first so you can travel and permit on landing. Employer being away shouldn't matter.

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
TRV is for entering Canada and should have a validity of a year or more. It gives you the ability to enter and re-enter unless it's a single use one. TRV is normally issued first so you can travel and permit on landing. Employer being away shouldn't matter.
Okay, thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi, did your letter says anything else other than submitting passports.. How does PPR Letter looks like?
For my sister's file they have requested to provide her daughter's passport copy as previous one is expired, nothing more than this..

Kindly update.

Thanks

Last edited:

warayako

Jun 3, 2015
Congratulations! My sister in law whom the caregiver of my children was approved last Feb. Together in the Eligibility letter was his 14 year old son. After you submit your passport, work visa will be stamped there. You can come to Canada prior to expiry of your work visa (which is 3 years as per eligibility letter). If you're son is of school age, you need to submit student visa if have not done so.

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
Hi, did your letter says anything else other than submitting passports.. How does PPR Letter looks like?
For my sister's file they have requested to provide her daughter's passport copy as previous one is expired, nothing more than this..

Kindly update.

Thanks
No nothing else

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations! My sister in law whom the caregiver of my children was approved last Feb. Together in the Eligibility letter was his 14 year old son. After you submit your passport, work visa will be stamped there. You can come to Canada prior to expiry of your work visa (which is 3 years as per eligibility letter). If you're son is of school age, you need to submit student visa if have not done so.
Thank you for your reply. Was it easy to get the work permit at the border for your sister-in-law? I have heard that work permit can be rejected at the border.

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
Okay, thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.
Sorry one more question. Is it easy to get a work permit at the Canadian customs? I have heard that work permit can be rejected. TRV does not guarantee that a work permit will be given.

warayako

Jun 3, 2015
Sorry one more question. Is it easy to get a work permit at the Canadian customs? I have heard that work permit can be rejected. TRV does not guarantee that a work permit will be given.
It is easy to get a work permit at the port of entry unless you failed or was not able to answer the questions of the immigration officer. Most questions there are more on confirming the identification and they may check some of your documents.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
The work permit can be denied if you are inadmissible for some reasons. At that point, you have been approved and CBSA is just confirming your arrival and intent before printing the paperwork. They hardly ask questions unless it's something not in there which is pretty rare but can happen. Just answer and give them whatever they need and you'll be fine. The hard part is already over, landing is pretty easy. All the best