+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HCCP education requirements

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Hi,
When applying from outside Canada for work permit under HCCP, do you need 13 years of education? A friend who has a job offer has only 11 years of education but does have experience in childcare. Would that be ok for work permit application?

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
hi all. I have a question for you. My mom is graduate in home country (ECA gave the same for education equivalency in Canada). She wants to apply for home childcare provider program in 2024. she does not have relevant work experience in India in this field.

So, for IRCC requirement of ability to work, if she does 6 months online caregiver course will that be enough?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi all. I have a question for you. My mom is graduate in home country (ECA gave the same for education equivalency in Canada). She wants to apply for home childcare provider program in 2024. she does not have relevant work experience in India in this field.

So, for IRCC requirement of ability to work, if she does 6 months online caregiver course will that be enough?
Who does she have a job offer with? How old is she? Experience strengthens the application.

Last edited:

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi,
When applying from outside Canada for work permit under HCCP, do you need 13 years of education? A friend who has a job offer has only 11 years of education but does have experience in childcare. Would that be ok for work permit application?
You need at least one year of upper secondary education which is usually not possible unless you have a high school diploma.