+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having study gap of 7 years

vvkmbj

Jan 29, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi
I completed my bachelor's in 2011 and my master's (Distance Education) in 2014. Currently in the process to apply for a one-year postgraduate program.
Any suggestions if this gap of study from 2011 to 2021 or from 2014 to 2021 will be an issue? Though, I have been working full time since 2011.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Vivek Kamboj

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, if you can show why you need a one year PG diploma following a Masters and how it helps your career in your home country.

Reactions: vvkmbj

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi
I completed my bachelor's in 2011 and my master's (Distance Education) in 2014. Currently in the process to apply for a one-year postgraduate program.
Any suggestions if this gap of study from 2011 to 2021 or from 2014 to 2021 will be an issue? Though, I have been working full time since 2011.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Vivek Kamboj
Hello Vivek
Study gap will not be an issue .
I got SP almost 14 years of gap.
But I had done my bachelor's , going for MBA now.

You have to justify the course you want to do in your SOP.
It should tell why u want to do that course and how it will help in your career progression.
If you give your profile details like ur grad course , masters and what are you opting for in Canada, we might help better

vvkmbj

Jan 29, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hello Vivek
Study gap will not be an issue .
I got SP almost 14 years of gap.
But I had done my bachelor's , going for MBA now.

You have to justify the course you want to do in your SOP.
It should tell why u want to do that course and how it will help in your career progression.
If you give your profile details like ur grad course , masters and what are you opting for in Canada, we might help better
Hi
Thanks for the detailed revert & clarifications.
I completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering in 2011 & MBA in Project Management in 2014 (Distance Education).
However, I am working full time since 2011 in construction industry.
Now, I am willing to apply for one year post graduate diploma in Project Management or Construction Project Management.
My selected colleges are Humber, Sheridan, Centennial, Conestoga, Mohawk & St. Clair.

Reactions: inognito

inognito

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi
Thanks for the detailed revert & clarifications.
I completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering in 2011 & MBA in Project Management in 2014 (Distance Education).
However, I am working full time since 2011 in construction industry.
Now, I am willing to apply for one year post graduate diploma in Project Management or Construction Project Management.
My selected colleges are Humber, Sheridan, Centennial, Conestoga, Mohawk & St. Clair.
My suggestion : go for some specific course like industrial management , which will enhance your career growth .
Just don't go for project management , because u already did it.

Like in project management , we have specific - Risk management area.
Rest you know better

vvkmbj

Jan 29, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
My suggestion : go for some specific course like industrial management , which will enhance your career growth .
Just don't go for project management , because u already did it.

Like in project management , we have specific - Risk management area.
Rest you know better
Rightly said, that's why I have kept Supply Chain Management as a second option.
Supply chain management has also a good scope in Canada if I am not wrong.

Emreeee

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I have 13 years of gap and my visa's approved. 2 very important thing;
1- Ties to home country
2- Solid reason and justification of study. Your study plan should make sense.

I'm studying Cons. Project Management at Fanshawe.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
1- Ties to home country

Agree, those two points are very important. I also got approved even though I have more than 20yrs study gap but working full time since then. Got approval for college diploma program despite having bachelors degree. BS in Aeronautical Engineering, approved for college diploma for computer systems. 20yrs experience in IT without formal IT study. Explained that in my SOP and proved ties to home country.

Tikki512

Mar 26, 2021
1- Ties to home country

Hi,
Can you please recommend diploma for 5 year experienced in mobile applications

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
My qualification is as per below:
B.Com in 2008 (2yrs)
Mba in 2012 (2yrs)
Mphil w/o thesis (2021) ) (I was unable to complete thesis due to supervisor issues so opted for course replacement)
I am working since 2008 till date... My job is supply-chain logistics and I want to pursue career for teaching as my spouse and family, because I want to change my occupation to teaching and this will help me to secure Job in my own country.
Now I want to apply for Master of Science - Marketing at University of Saskatchewan which is a thesis-based course after which I can go for Ph.D. Does this make any sense to proceed for student visa??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My qualification is as per below:
B.Com in 2008 (2yrs)
Mba in 2012 (2yrs)
Mphil w/o thesis (2021) ) (I was unable to complete thesis due to supervisor issues so opted for course replacement)
I am working since 2008 till date... My job is supply-chain logistics and I want to pursue career for teaching as my spouse and family, because I want to change my occupation to teaching and this will help me to secure Job in my own country.
Now I want to apply for Master of Science - Marketing at University of Saskatchewan which is a thesis-based course after which I can go for Ph.D. Does this make any sense to proceed for student visa??
Doesn't make a lot of sense so you'll need to try to convince the VO.