NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
The weather in Canada will be a much bigger issue than you realise for non Canadians. Cant speak for diversity in AU but certainly in the big cities in Canada the diversity is fantastic. Surviving is a very relative term. People survive on those jobs every day. Depends on what you want, and how badly you want it.

I love living in Canada (weather aside) though at the same time, not sure I would have chosen canada f AU was a choice for me.

Good luck. Tough choice.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
He hasnt visited this forum, hence chose AU I guess.

I shd have done the same, cant stand this cold.
Feels caged, boxed-in.

Dont have enuff money or.motivation to apply for AU PR.
I hate to appear for IELTS.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Feels caged, boxed-in.

Then come to the lower mainland of BC.

canau

Nov 29, 2018

Feels caged, boxed-in.

Hahaha...Looks like someone out there like me:)... I feel the same...I wish I went to Australia instead of coming here to this cold :(

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
everyone is not a visionary like you...hail foodie -> 69

It is not being "visionary", it is called doing research on a place you are moving to , PRIOR to moving to that place. Visionary? No, common sense, Yes

I am positive people put more research into their resume, then researching the country, or place they are planning to settle in, then, they complain about it

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
It is not being "visionary", it is called doing research on a place you are moving to , PRIOR to moving to that place. Visionary? No, common sense, Yes

I am positive people put more research into their resume, then researching the country, or place they are planning to settle in, then, they complain about it
both of you are absolutely right.

ppl shd "feel" and "experience" this cold while they are in their native countries.

ppl will "visualise" how public transportation is irregular and one may need to wait for more than 10min's in cold for buses at stops with NO shelters.

etc etc.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
both of you are absolutely right.

ppl shd "feel" and "experience" this cold while they are in their native countries.

ppl will "visualise" how public transportation is irregular and one may need to wait for more than 10min's in cold for buses at stops with NO shelters.

etc etc.
You don't have to "feel" and "experience" the cold to know that -20 degrees is VERY cold.

It blows my mind how little research people do on Canada before moving. If you are going to uproot your family, change your life, etc., at least have the sense to learn about where you are going. In this day and age, with the wealth of information available online, I'm amazed that people are surprised by the most obvious things when they arrive in Canada.

canau

Nov 29, 2018
I agree with mahi2020. Yes, everyone does their own research. But researching about something and feeling that personally both are really different things. Nobody can visualize and analyse all possible scenarios. Also everyone's situation is different and situation also change or don't go as expected or planned. Regards to cold, everyone's body is different and reacts differently to differnt people with different weather. Certain things only you know and learn only from personal experience. I am pretty sure if you can just learn from knoweledge and research, everyone would be successful becs wealth of info is available. If only research is needed to be successful, then person won't have username "copingwithlife" but instead have "enjoyingthelife":) Also people make decisions based on many factors not the only one factor. When I said about moving to AU, it was solely related to cold. Anyways this whole conversation isn't relevant to original topic so not interested in dragging here. Purpose of forum is to provide useful and correct information and also try to help and warmth to each other instead of try to find faults in others.

Reactions: mahi2020

vvca

Mar 3, 2016
Good to see so many people here having both Au and CA PR and looking to decide.. I was in the same boat, lived in Chicago but chose Au though I had an option to Ca.
My wife does not like cold weather, the weather is good in Au and yes there is water scarcity on a large scale in summer but people are cautious and respond well to Gov initiatives.. Gov does take some good measures and I see most of the issues come out in the news publically.. people help each other and more friendly.
Wage wise it's higher than in CA but at the same time one has to spend more for all essential things.. that way everyone gets to live a comfortable better life..we get 20 days of paid leave with 10 days of sick leave per year. Retirement benefits are on top of your salary which is a plus.
Even during the NSW drought last year we had all basic supplies and groceries available without much increase in the prices..
Yes infrastructure is getting strained which is also true in Toronto..

Having said that I still have some kind of dilemma just bcoz of similarities between Chicago and Toronto whereas my wife likes being here..

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Hi aydogan,

Which PR did you receive first? Just want to check with you if you informed Canada about Aus PR and other way around before/just after soft landing?

Thanks
RR