+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Haven't reciebved AOR yet. Applied on Mar 2020

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
Hi There!

Applied for citizenship for me and my family, mailed during last week of Feb 2020 and applications received by the CPC Processling cell, NS as of Mar 2020. Haven't heard anything back and no AOR yet. Is this the 'new-normal/usual' thing now-a-days.

I had emailed for a status few days back, guess will have to wait for few more days before a response!

Thanks

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
I applied in March and the application was received on April 1st. Still awaiting AOR. I saw some Feb applicants get their applications returned. I'm assuming I'll be in the same boat.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi There!

Applied for citizenship for me and my family, mailed during last week of Feb 2020 and applications received by the CPC Processling cell, NS as of Mar 2020. Haven't heard anything back and no AOR yet. Is this the 'new-normal/usual' thing now-a-days.

I had emailed for a status few days back, guess will have to wait for few more days before a response!

Thanks
Forum reports referring to recent notification of AOR just started popping up in the last few weeks or so (perhaps some before but if so I did not notice them). While it seems like I have seen some for applications made more recently than March, let alone February, you would need to find and review those posts to verify the date of application. I recall more specifically some reports of incomplete applications recently returned, for applications made more recently than March, showing that CPC-Sydney is indeed opening and screening incoming applications.

But, for sure, like many other things, including other government services, Covid-19 has disrupted things in a big way and all aspects of processing citizenship applications have been delayed considerably. In-person events are currently NOT being scheduled, with no firm indication as to when such events, like interviews and testing, might be resumed.

So overall, yes, for the next many months, perhaps as long as another year or so, things are bogged down and way behind "normal" schedules.

In the meantime, if you get a response to your email query that illuminates more about what is happening or what can be anticipated, please share.

MAPT

Sep 23, 2020
Hi
I sent my application in January, and still haven't received AOR. I heard some people in February are going through the sme. It is frustrating because at this point I don't know if it is lost and I should send another application. People that sent their application in May already received an AOR.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I sent my application in January, and still haven't received AOR. I heard some people in February are going through the sme. It is frustrating because at this point I don't know if it is lost and I should send another application. People that sent their application in May already received an AOR.
What other options do you have, other than sending a new app with a detailed explanation letter?

Reactions: MAPT

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Guys, I guess we should act and raise the concern to media and mps as this is not fair. They have issued AOR until mid May apps while many people are here waiting. Atleast the AOR issuance should not be discriminatory. Without AOR we can’t do anything. Waiting 6-7-8 months is ridiculous. How much more we should wait: 1-2 year for AOR. They need to fix their system. all other applications are online why this citizenship is not. It is the most simple application why they couldn’t have this online that people dosen’t suffer to only know cic received their application. Maybe because of canada post!! Let’s raise the concern to media Toronto Star, cbc, etc. I have been in the same situation for my pr applications with this government. People think liberals speed up the process but that’t not the case for me and now clearly not the case again. At that time media and NDP mp from BC J. Kwan helped a lot and wrote letters to the minister. Let’s act now or we will have endless wait as we don’t know where our applications are.

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
So received a email response from the agent today, and as below. Guess it's "Wait-and-watch" for some more time!

----------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 15, 2020.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks or months before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

We invite you to contact the mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

Additionally, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to process your application as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

MAPT

Sep 23, 2020
So received a email response from the agent today, and as below. Guess it's "Wait-and-watch" for some more time!

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 15, 2020.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks or months before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

We invite you to contact the mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

Additionally, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to process your application as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
How did you get ahold of them? What email address did you use to talk with them?
So basically applications sent in January are just being looked at?
Is there anyway to speak with someone through the phone, I called to CIC number and had no luck.

LeeMan2007

Aug 23, 2016
Hi all

I applied as below still waiting for test.
Am not sure where my office is and where I m stuck nd if I have a way to speed up my process. Kindly include me in watsapp group or nd pointers to help is much appreciated.

Type of application: married
Physical presence: 1345days
App Sent: March 3, 2020
App Delivered: March 8, 2020
AOR: August 28, 2020
In Process ECAS: November 23, 2020
Background Verification completed: Jan 28, 2021
Application status = In Progress
Last update on April 23, 2021