+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Haven't reciebved AOR yet. Applied on Mar 2020

PRASHYMYS

Dec 30, 2016
Hi There!

Applied for citizenship for me and my family, mailed during last week of Feb 2020 and applications received by the CPC Processling cell, NS as of Mar 2020. Haven't heard anything back and no AOR yet. Is this the 'new-normal/usual' thing now-a-days.

I had emailed for a status few days back, guess will have to wait for few more days before a response!

Thanks

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
I applied in March and the application was received on April 1st. Still awaiting AOR. I saw some Feb applicants get their applications returned. I'm assuming I'll be in the same boat.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi There!

Applied for citizenship for me and my family, mailed during last week of Feb 2020 and applications received by the CPC Processling cell, NS as of Mar 2020. Haven't heard anything back and no AOR yet. Is this the 'new-normal/usual' thing now-a-days.

I had emailed for a status few days back, guess will have to wait for few more days before a response!

Thanks
Forum reports referring to recent notification of AOR just started popping up in the last few weeks or so (perhaps some before but if so I did not notice them). While it seems like I have seen some for applications made more recently than March, let alone February, you would need to find and review those posts to verify the date of application. I recall more specifically some reports of incomplete applications recently returned, for applications made more recently than March, showing that CPC-Sydney is indeed opening and screening incoming applications.

But, for sure, like many other things, including other government services, Covid-19 has disrupted things in a big way and all aspects of processing citizenship applications have been delayed considerably. In-person events are currently NOT being scheduled, with no firm indication as to when such events, like interviews and testing, might be resumed.

So overall, yes, for the next many months, perhaps as long as another year or so, things are bogged down and way behind "normal" schedules.

In the meantime, if you get a response to your email query that illuminates more about what is happening or what can be anticipated, please share.