+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you listed all periods of military...(if any)....organization...(if any)

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Guys what should be the answer to this section in personal history

Our watsapp group is divided

YES
NO
or even if there is an option NA?

I answered YES

Thanking you

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Indi88 said:

YES
NO

I answered YES

Thanking you
Have you ever served in the military?

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Never
But if i answered NO the application didn't allow me to move forward as far as i remember. And i interpreted it as if it was asking me if i have listed all my personal history or not.

ashu1710 said:
Have you ever served in the military?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Indi88 said:

YES
NO

I answered YES

Thanking you
Isn't there a "Not Applicable" option there?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Maverick28 said:
Isn't there a "Not Applicable" option there?
I chose Not Applicable... cos I was not part of Military or Government or any Oragnaisation involved in Political/Religious//Professional body....however, I have Employment rows with periods of Unemployed in the section.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi88 said:

YES
NO

I answered YES

Thanking you
No need to divide ! Let us analyze it very technically.

Let us imagine that you are UNMARRIED and I am inviting you at my home for dinner !!
I will ask you .. "Hey Indy, is your wife coming with you for dinner?"

Your answer could be "YES" (If you were MARRIED and she was coming with you)
Your answer could be "NO" (If you were MARRIED and she was not coming with you)
Your answer could be "N/A" (If you were UNMARRIED only.)

You can not say NO to my question, as it gives me a feeling that you are married but your wife is not coming with you.

I hope it clarifies. For this particular MILITARY question, If you are saying "NO" I will be suspicious about you. It means you have military history and you have not mentioned about it. Your answer should be NA..

Good luck.. Don't let them divide in a group, unite them.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi88 said:

YES
NO

I answered YES

Thanking you
Can someone please post exact question here? As Work History is also displayed under personal history & question also mentions Organization; so it could be confirmation about job organizations as well.

Also, if I have not served in army & I select answer as Yes; could it potentially cause major problem? Should we send clarification to IRCC?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
softwaretesting said:
Also, if I have not served in army & I select answer as Yes; could it potentially cause major problem? Should we send clarification to IRCC?
Well that is plain stupid then. If you have served, say yes. If not, say no. Cannot get any simpler. Has common sense died in India, too?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
foodie69 said:
Well that is plain stupid then. If you have served, say yes. If not, say no. Cannot get any simpler. Has common sense died in India, too?
It does not asks whether you have served or not. It asks "Have you listed all periods of military service (if any)....".

If you say No, the system will not let you proceed.

The answer should be Not Applicable.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foodie69 said:
Yes, common sense is dying across world :(.

Well the question is not very clear - apart from Military service, it also mentions term Organization (does not mention Military organization specifically). Since it is in below personal history section which include Job Organization details, hence this confusion. This is why I asked of someone can post exact question.

Regardless, what should be next steps?

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Maverick28 said:
It does not asks whether you have served or not. It asks "Have you listed all periods of military service (if any)....".

If you say No, the system will not let you proceed.

The answer should be Not Applicable.
If the parens are in the question, "yes" would make sense for someone who had never served.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Yes, common sense is dying across world :(.

Well the question is not very clear - apart from Military service, it also mentions term Organization (does not mention Military organization specifically). Since it is in below personal history section which include Job Organization details, hence this confusion. This is why I asked of someone can post exact question.

Regardless, what should be next steps?
So exact question is - "Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"

Looking at responses to this question on forum looks like best answer will be N/A if never served in Military / Government Service.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-with-personal-activities-detail-t372211.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/filling-personal-history-in-ita-t486244.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-military-experience-and-government-positions-t395657.0.html

Also, below was solution suggested if "Yes" is wrongly selected.

Fill Schedule A for you and your wife, Write a Letter of Explanation stating your mistake and say that you are uploading Schedule A with the correct details. Do this by raising CSE. Looking at your time line it seems your Background Check might still not be started and you will be fine.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Thanking you for taking your time in clarifying this.

I have already submitted the schedule A upfront with the PR application in which i have written NONE in the military, government and other organization. Do you think i should raise a CSE? Furthermore, since I have already submitted the schedule A my instinct is that I should not raise A CSE (already done once before).

Thanking you once again.

softwaretesting said:
So exact question is - "Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"

Looking at responses to this question on forum looks like best answer will be N/A if never served in Military / Government Service.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-with-personal-activities-detail-t372211.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/filling-personal-history-in-ita-t486244.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-military-experience-and-government-positions-t395657.0.html

Also, below was solution suggested if "Yes" is wrongly selected.

Fill Schedule A for you and your wife, Write a Letter of Explanation stating your mistake and say that you are uploading Schedule A with the correct details. Do this by raising CSE. Looking at your time line it seems your Background Check might still not be started and you will be fine.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi88 said:
Thanking you for taking your time in clarifying this.

I have already submitted the schedule A upfront with the PR application in which i have written NONE in the military, government and other organization. Do you think i should raise a CSE? Furthermore, since I have already submitted the schedule A my instinct is that I should not raise A CSE (already done once before).

Thanking you once again.
Agree. If you have already submitted Schedule A & mentioned None for all questions related to military/organization in that; then it should suffice.