+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Kkkkkalvin

Nov 17, 2022
4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full-time for at least eight months, unless you completed the study or training program (in whole or in part) between March 2020 and August 2022
  • you had to have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months, unless you completed the study or training program (in whole or in part) between March 2020 and August 2022

Here is the information posted by CIC. My Canadian master's degree period is between 202109 to 202302 and I studied outside of Canada (which was not in Canada for at least eight months). I finished most of my courses before August 2022. The only one left is in this fall semester. Do I qualify for the answer yes? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, unless you completed the study or training program (in whole or in part) between March 2020 and August 2022
  • you had to have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months, unless you completed the study or training program (in whole or in part) between March 2020 and August 2022

Here is the information posted by CIC. I actually will earn a Canadian master's degree between 202109 to 202302. I finished most of my courses before August 2022. The only one left which in this fall semester. Do I qualify for the answer yes? Thanks!!!
You answer NO. You have not earned/graduated. The highlighted parts are for those who studied online or outside Canada during Covid.