+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have TRV on Passport, Can travel and enter Canada?

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
My wife has just got her passport back with a TRV for SOWP (issued 8/Oct/2020).
Can she travel to Canada now? Will she be allowed to enter?

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
Hi PrimaPrime

Thanks for the link. Following this link I landed on this page;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#approved

in which I concluded that my wife is suppoosed to be allowed to enter according to the following criteria, and I quote "
If you’ve been approved for a work permit
When you travel, show the following documents to show that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions:

• passport or travel document, and
  • proof that you’re allowed to work in Canada, specifically
    • a valid work permit or
    • a port of entry letter of introduction that shows that you were approved for a work permit

" end of quote.

Do you agree with my conclusion?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi PrimaPrime

Thanks for the link. Following this link I landed on this page;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#approved

in which I concluded that my wife is suppoosed to be allowed to enter according to the following criteria, and I quote "
If you’ve been approved for a work permit
When you travel, show the following documents to show that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions:

• passport or travel document, and
  • proof that you’re allowed to work in Canada, specifically
    • a valid work permit or
    • a port of entry letter of introduction that shows that you were approved for a work permit

" end of quote.

Do you agree with my conclusion?

Thanks in advance.
She still need special authorization to travel unless ahe has a valid job offer.

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
She still need special authorization to travel unless ahe has a valid job offer.
She does not have a job offer as of now. What is, and how to get, the "special authorization"?
Thanks in advance for your concern and feedback.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
She does not have a job offer as of now. What is, and how to get, the "special authorization"?
Thanks in advance for your concern and feedback.
Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)

Reactions: Miracle2018

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
Send your request to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Make sure you include

• your full name
  • your date of birth
  • if you have an application in process
  • how you applied for your visa (online or by paper)
  • your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
  • your passport number
  • a detailed reason for travel
  • the dates you plan to travel
  • where you live now (current country of residence)
Thank you!
I followed your advise and I got a DO NOT REPLY message back which indicated the following;
"
Who is exempt from the travel restrictions and can enter Canada without written authorization?· Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Temporary foreign worker who has a valid work permit or was approved a work permit and is coming for essential purpose
· Student who has a valid study permit or was approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020
· Foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from the United States
· Immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, in Canada or abroad
· Other exemptions
"
It seems like my wife does not need a written authorization according to this, right?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you!
I followed your advise and I got a DO NOT REPLY message back which indicated the following;
"
Who is exempt from the travel restrictions and can enter Canada without written authorization?· Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Temporary foreign worker who has a valid work permit or was approved a work permit and is coming for essential purpose
· Student who has a valid study permit or was approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020
· Foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from the United States
· Immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, in Canada or abroad
· Other exemptions
"
It seems like my wife does not need a written authorization according to this, right?
But does she meet the essential purpose criteria ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She meets the criteria in bold font above which is a "Temporary foreign worker with approved work permit".
You are the one with the WP and her work permit was essentially received based on your status. She follows under the approved work permit but who must prove that she is coming to Canda for an essential purpose.