+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have I lost my 600 points?

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I have left Canada after ITA, but have a valid work permit till July 16, on my PR questionire I can input my LMIA number, issue and expiry, but now need to select NO for working in Canada. I have a job offer and 3 years experience tied to the employer and work permit I am just not working there anymore. I would upload a letter of explanation and a scan of my work permit, but ultimatly will this cause me to lose the 600 points? Should I decline the ITA and try get a new LMIA from the employer? I only have 7 days left to submit this applications. Thanks for any input I can't find anything concrete on this subject.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
As far as I know, yes, you will lose your points.

But if you leave your job AFTER submitting the application (eAPR) and notify CIC it should not affect your application. After eAPR, your points are frozen in time, and at that time you had a job.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
absolutely correct brunofuster!!

You must file EE through new Employer and with new LMIA if you have left the job and country.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
SushilEE said:
absolutely correct brunofuster!!

You must file EE through new Employer and with new LMIA if you have left the job and country.
thanks SushilEE :)

More info here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info guys. I am not trying to apply through a new employer, the job offer is with the employer I have been working for. Everything is the same as it was when I received ITA, just I am not in Canada anymore. I know that all i would need is a new LMIA and I'm back in the game. But if I file this application is it garunteed to be rejected? I could theoritcally fly to Canada tomorow and start working for the employer again, I am just not in canada. The LMIA work permit is still valid. I have a job offer. I have all the requirements just I'm not there!

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Perhaps we mis-read what you were trying to say. As long as you are working/having valid permits/LMIA, everything should be fine. Are you on vacation? if yes, then it will not affect your application.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I didn't realise all this would happen when i left. I came home for a family thing. I don't have any intention of going back as my permit is up July 16. My job is open and I have a permanent offer, but no I am not currently working in canada. I was kind of hoping that the LMIA work permit being valid would be OK but now i just don't know. Its literally just a case of getting a new LMIA and then I would be back to waiting for another ITA if I decline this one

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Buddy.... if you have left the job then hardly LMIA and WP can help you. Coz you also need valid job offer as well. Did you resigned or are still employed and borrowed some time with the employer with a promise to return back ;)

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I have a job offer. cic info says i need a job offer with a valid LMIA etc. But my problem is Iv never found any Info about leaving Canada while still legally allowed to be there. I can be employed by them at any time I should return to Canada. But I don't plan on going back on this permit. Iv been out of Canada since April. But if I got PR both myself and the employer know I would be right back working there. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yepyep said:
Yeah I have a job offer. cic info says i need a job offer with a valid LMIA etc. But my problem is Iv never found any Info about leaving Canada while still legally allowed to be there. I can be employed by them at any time I should return to Canada. But I don't plan on going back on this permit. Iv been out of Canada since April. But if I got PR both myself and the employer know I would be right back working there. Do you see where I'm coming from?
Is the job offer you've got legitimate? I don't see how an employer will go through the hassle of getting an LMIA for you only for you to leave for another country. I'm just saying what CIC would likely be thinking if you apply with that LMIA and have a valid work permit but chose to stay in another country.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yepyep said:
If you are still getting paystubs generated while you are away from Canada then the LMIA will be helpful for you in securing additional 600 points. The moment your LMIA expires and you did not obtain PR approval your 600 points will be deducted as your LMIA will already been expired by that time.

Happened with you of my friend where he got the ITA coz his LMO was expiring in a month's time, However his PR application got rejected later (during processing) as he had travelled back and LMIA was no longer valid.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
If your pay stubs and T4 states that you are working even though you are out of country that should cover you. However, leaving country can be of examined in various aspects. If its a vacation, no need to worry and still you can file your application. And same would reflect in your pay stub.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all the info guys. The job offer is legit, iv been Working there since 2012 and activated my LMO work permit in July 2013. However that is coming to an end and I have returned home. I received my ITA in April before I left the country. I am welcome back to employment at any point i should return to Canada.
Like I say in my mind its a case of go for it because I have everything I need I just not there on that work permit anymore,, or wait out and try get a new LMIA to use.

Makalutus, do you mean if I applied, and my work permit expires during the process, then you lose the 600? I'm aware that once you get your Apr in, the points are froze in time. Its just a case of everything being correct after that.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monija said:
Have you informed CIC that your address changed?
I have changed it all in my questionnaire, so if I send off my application it will show. If I wait for new LMIA then I will have my address as UK anyway.