+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hi- I am at a diff visa office but same issue as you for over a week now. No help sending webform or reporting IT issue I get their generic reply despite having already sent them a screenshot.
My God!!! I have written them twice and got their email asking for screenshot so I sent them that 2 days ago but as I can see...it won´t make any effect...Something should be happening with their website..I believe its like if the accounts don´t have any conecction with their servers but it´s only the Permanent Status Application which shows that issue because I can check the status of an old Visitor Visa Application I have and shows me the status well

Reactions: ZOOZ

ZOOZ

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Category........
Other
My God!!! I have written them twice and got their email asking for screenshot so I sent them that 2 days ago but as I can see...it won´t make any effect...Something should be happening with their website..I believe its like if the accounts don´t have any conecction with their servers but it´s only the Permanent Status Application which shows that issue because I can check the status of an old Visitor Visa Application I have and shows me the status well
Yes and there are many ppl on other threads at other VOs with the exact same issue. Very unclear what’s happening. I too can see the status of my current TRV and others but not the PR.

Reactions: Osmel86

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Hi All,
I have some specific questions relating to IMM0008 being filled out by a Cuban, if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it:

Question 3 - Application Details: Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not. Would my husband put in 2? Himself and for me even though I live in Canada? or 1?

Question 6 – Application Details: Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.
I am unable to even select "no" for this question. Do I print the form and select "no" afterwards? I watched the video and it says to answer ALL questions and to put N/A anywhere that something does not apply but I can't do this online for some reason. Any advice?

Question 4 - Contact information (residential address): I will be the representative. Does my husband still enter his address? What about phone numbers and email? his or mine even though I am the representative?

National Identity Document: Is this the Carnet de Identidad? If so, it does not have an issue date on it and I cannot enter N/A. Advice?

Education Detail In Cuba, in high school, basic secondary education is 3 years and then you can choose a trade correct? This would be 3 years of basic education and 2 years specialized for a total of 5 years. So do you put the highest level of education as high school or as trade (In Canada you have 5 years of education (not including elementary) before you go to university.

Thank you very much for your help.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi All,
I have some specific questions relating to IMM0008 being filled out by a Cuban, if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it:

Question 3 - Application Details: Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not. Would my husband put in 2? Himself and for me even though I live in Canada? or 1? YOU PUT IN 2 - FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. IF HE HAS CHILDREN HE NEEDS TO ADD THAT. IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN YOU DON'T ADD. CLEAR AS MUD. RIGHT?

Question 6 – Application Details: Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.
I am unable to even select "no" for this question. Do I print the form and select "no" afterwards? I watched the video and it says to answer ALL questions and to put N/A anywhere that something does not apply but I can't do this online for some reason. Any advice?
Can't help you with this one - it's weird that you can't select "no"

Question 4 - Contact information (residential address): I will be the representative. Does my husband still enter his address? What about phone numbers and email? his or mine even though I am the representative? YES - YOU STILL PUT HIS RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS IN CUBA. THERE ARE OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO PUT IN ADDRESS OF REPRESENTATIVE (MAKES SURE YOU FILL OUT THE USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM - EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE HIS WIFE, IF YOU DON'T FILL OUT THAT FORM YOU WON'T GET ANY INFORMATION PAST THE SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL

National Identity Document: Is this the Carnet de Identidad? If so, it does not have an issue date on it and I cannot enter N/A. Advice?
YES - IT IS THE CARNET. IF YOUR HUSBAND CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN HE GOT IT JUST PUT N/A.

Education Detail In Cuba, in high school, basic secondary education is 3 years and then you can choose a trade correct? This would be 3 years of basic education and 2 years specialized for a total of 5 years. So do you put the highest level of education as high school or as trade (In Canada you have 5 years of education (not including elementary) before you go to university.
THIS IS A TOUGH ONE AS WELL. MY HUSBAND AND I JUST FIDDLED WITH IT UNTIL WE HAD THE RIGHT NUMBER OF YEARS RECORDED. IT'S NOT A FRIENDLY PART OF THE APPLICATION - SORRY!

Thank you very much for your help.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Education Detail – In Cuba, in high school, basic secondary education is 3 years and then you can choose a trade correct? This would be 3 years of basic education and 2 years specialized for a total of 5 years. So do you put the highest level of education as high school or as trade (In Canada you have 5 years of education (not including elementary) before you go to university.
THIS IS A TOUGH ONE AS WELL. MY HUSBAND AND I JUST FIDDLED WITH IT UNTIL WE HAD THE RIGHT NUMBER OF YEARS RECORDED. IT'S NOT A FRIENDLY PART OF THE APPLICATION - SORRY! Can you explain more about how you fiddled? I can only enter the amount of years as per certificates so unsure if these 2 years qualify as trade or high school for highest level of education?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Education Detail – In Cuba, in high school, basic secondary education is 3 years and then you can choose a trade correct? This would be 3 years of basic education and 2 years specialized for a total of 5 years. So do you put the highest level of education as high school or as trade (In Canada you have 5 years of education (not including elementary) before you go to university.
THIS IS A TOUGH ONE AS WELL. MY HUSBAND AND I JUST FIDDLED WITH IT UNTIL WE HAD THE RIGHT NUMBER OF YEARS RECORDED. IT'S NOT A FRIENDLY PART OF THE APPLICATION - SORRY! Can you explain more about how you fiddled? I can only enter the amount of years as per certificates so unsure if these 2 years qualify as trade or high school for highest level of education?
If I recall we reported them as "pre - universidad" or something like that. I think we put it in the high school category, based on age. I hope that helps!

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
I will check mine and will let you know

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
So, I wrote 6 years on Elementary/Primary School because it´s from grade 1 to grade 6...wrote 3 years on Secondary/High School because it´s from grade 7 to grade 9...wrote 5 years on University/College...and also wrote 4 years in my case on Trade/Other Post Secondary because I studied 3 years on a school after my secondary that we call it Pre-University and 1 years of studies after my army we call it Orden 18...so, that´s how I made it on my IMM5669

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
So, I wrote 6 years on Elementary/Primary School because it´s from grade 1 to grade 6...wrote 3 years on Secondary/High School because it´s from grade 7 to grade 9...wrote 5 years on University/College...and also wrote 4 years in my case on Trade/Other Post Secondary because I studied 3 years on a school after my secondary that we call it Pre-University and 1 years of studies after my army we call it Orden 18...so, that´s how I made it on my IMM5669
Thank you Osmel86.

Reactions: Osmel86

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Good morning,
Just wondering if anybody knows when the embassy will be opening for Biometrics collection? Thank you