Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Canadá & Mexico
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Does anyone has recieved any update these days??? I heard some people got updated their status...thanks
We are April 2019 applicants and we received requests yesterday to complete biometrics and medical and submit with an extension of 90 days, due to pandemic. We might need to request for a longer extension depending when they open travel for Cuba, Trinidad or Barbados.

Reactions: Osmel86

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
We are April 2019 applicants and we received requests yesterday to complete biometrics and medical and submit with an extension of 90 days, due to pandemic. We might need to request for a longer extension depending when they open travel for Cuba, Trinidad or Barbados.
If they wait for a vaccine it could be 2 to 3 years before travel is open without any quarantine or isolation required. They need to allow for Medicals and Interviews in Cuba. We need to push our government for change.

Reactions: Morenita

Morenita

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Canadá & Mexico
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
If they wait for a vaccine it could be 2 to 3 years before travel is open without any quarantine or isolation required. They need to allow for Medicals and Interviews in Cuba. We need to push our government for change.
We are trying our best to stay positive through all of this. We originally submitted in October 2018 to have it returned in February 2019, so we have been hopeful since then. This process is definitely not for the weak hearted jaaa!!! We are just happy we are were moved from the bottom of the pile to the top!

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
We are trying our best to stay positive through all of this. We originally submitted in October 2018 to have it returned in February 2019, so we have been hopeful since then. This process is definitely not for the weak hearted jaaa!!! We are just happy we are were moved from the bottom of the pile to the top!
My interview was scheduled in Trinidad for March 26. When the borders closed it was cancelled. Since then the medical has expired. If we have to go to a third country for a new medical and face 2 weeks quarantine in each direction of travel and then do the same for an interview, that would be a total of 8 weeks quarantine. Possibly at great expense. Canada needs to do something to fix this situation. Medicals could be done in Cuba. Interviews could be done in other ways. I'm an August 2018 applicant, 21 months with possibly another 1, 2 or 3 years to go???
Every new applicant from Cuba is facing this situation.

Contact your MP's. Everyone this needs to be changed.

• Sad
Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
My interview was scheduled in Trinidad for March 26. When the borders closed it was cancelled. Since then the medical has expired. If we have to go to a third country for a new medical and face 2 weeks quarantine in each direction of travel and then do the same for an interview, that would be a total of 8 weeks quarantine. Possibly at great expense. Canada needs to do something to fix this situation. Medicals could be done in Cuba. Interviews could be done in other ways. I'm an August 2018 applicant, 21 months with possibly another 1, 2 or 3 years to go???

We are in the same boat - the only difference is that we submitted in Oct. 2018. I can't even imagine all the travel restrictions, isolation protocols, expense. It is truly disheartening and we all need to be writing to the Minister of Immigration for our Cuban family members.
If/when you write - don't just tell them what you are upset about. Ask them specifically what they are going to do about each specific issue. As in "What is the exact plan to facilitate the reunification of Cuban family members with respect to interviews, medicals etc.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Thank you very much...at least they are still working...I had my interview in TT on February, got my Pre-arrival letter next day of my interview and still waiting because of the pandemy.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba

They should give you a medical extension so you don´t have to pass another one...that´s what they did with mine on February..I am a May 2018 applicant so I am also on the same boat like many of us here..I hope they do something about it because this is already too much...I already passed my interview in TT on February and was only waiting for my PPR but this pandemy changed it all...

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Our interview in TT was also cancelled (March 23rd) and we are waiting. October 2018 applicants. It's so difficult to deal with - not knowing anything.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hello guys..I am checking my account now and it says Application/Profile Updated but when I click to see my account info and see the update it shows me this:
Application status and messages
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Does anyone know why??? I believe it should be because they are still working on my account but I am not shure of it...did it happen to anyone else here??? Thanks

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello guys..I am checking my account now and it says Application/Profile Updated but when I click to see my account info and see the update it shows me this:
Application status and messages
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Does anyone know why??? I believe it should be because they are still working on my account but I am not shure of it...did it happen to anyone else here??? Thanks

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Hi all,
I'm new to this and trying to get my head around all the paperwork. We were supposed to get married in May but due to Covid that is all delayed but I am trying to get my paperwork started.
1. Would anyone want to share what kind of proof of relationship they submitted? I find it is quite limited and with Cuba the way it is, even evidence of communication is hard to show other than text and video call (and I have a lot)
2. I read that interviews are not being done in Cuba? is this correct?
3. Any tips or advice to avoid mistakes?

Thank you in advance

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hi all,
I'm new to this and trying to get my head around all the paperwork. We were supposed to get married in May but due to Covid that is all delayed but I am trying to get my paperwork started.
1. Would anyone want to share what kind of proof of relationship they submitted? I find it is quite limited and with Cuba the way it is, even evidence of communication is hard to show other than text and video call (and I have a lot)
2. I read that interviews are not being done in Cuba? is this correct?
3. Any tips or advice to avoid mistakes?

Thank you in advance
Do you have a lawyer or you´re applying by yourself???