+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

mikemac16

May 19, 2017
My wife received email notifying that interview is scheduled for April 18. they requested additional documents to prove that relationship is genuine and still ongoing.

"You are required to bring the following documents to the interview:

At the interview, you should submit recent evidence to prove that your spousal relationship with your sponsor is genuine and still ongoing. Such evidence may include:

i. Correspondence between you and your sponsor such as: letters with their original post-marked envelopes, printouts of e-mail messages, chat records, faxes, etc. We kindly ask to please submit the following documents: ETECSA phone calls and text messages summary, (Please, note that the completed call record from ETECSA, must be submitted and not only the international phone calls); recent text messages and emails (IMO and NAUTA) (whatever has not been submitted yet).

ii. Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor (whichever has not been submitted yet). DO NOT submit phone cards, unless accompanied by an itemized statement from the phone-card company.

iii. Photographs of you and your sponsor together, (whichever has not been submitted yet). The photographs must be printed. DO NOT bring photographs in electronic devices such as CD's or USB memories.

iv. Sponsor`s entries and exits records – please note that this document could be requested at immigration offices in Cuba.

v. Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet).

Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor."

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
My wife received email notifying that interview is scheduled for April 18. they requested additional documents to prove that relationship is genuine and still ongoing.

"You are required to bring the following documents to the interview:

At the interview, you should submit recent evidence to prove that your spousal relationship with your sponsor is genuine and still ongoing. Such evidence may include:

i. Correspondence between you and your sponsor such as: letters with their original post-marked envelopes, printouts of e-mail messages, chat records, faxes, etc. We kindly ask to please submit the following documents: ETECSA phone calls and text messages summary, (Please, note that the completed call record from ETECSA, must be submitted and not only the international phone calls); recent text messages and emails (IMO and NAUTA) (whatever has not been submitted yet).

ii. Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor (whichever has not been submitted yet). DO NOT submit phone cards, unless accompanied by an itemized statement from the phone-card company.

iii. Photographs of you and your sponsor together, (whichever has not been submitted yet). The photographs must be printed. DO NOT bring photographs in electronic devices such as CD's or USB memories.

iv. Sponsor`s entries and exits records – please note that this document could be requested at immigration offices in Cuba.

v. Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet).

Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor."
Wow... they are requiring lot's of stuff...

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
I don't get it why they are requiring this from them "ETECSA phone calls and text messages summary, (Please, note that the completed call record from ETECSA, must be submitted and not only the international phone calls)"
Why is their business what other calls were made or received?

mikemac16

May 19, 2017
I'm thinking they want this info is to prove that the relationship is the same as when we originally sent in the application. It was last July when we started the process.

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
They don't update it regularly.. my husband had landed in Canada and it was still in progress...
wow, interesting but good to know. Happy for you two. Hope life brings you both much joy and love and happiness. How is he adjusting to Canada?? How long has he been here now? We are still waiting to hear back. Medical was done begining of february

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Sent application in June 2017. Interview in January, medical in Feb, they requested updated police check as previous one expired...hoping it won't be too long now..can't wait to begin life together in Canada.

Reactions: Oscarita

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
oh wow! Nice. What date was medical on in February? They may have been doing it together. There was 32 people doing medical when my husband was there. Keeping hopes on highest as we await to unite our family

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
we submitted police record as ours expired also. They did not ask for it. We just did it ourselves to avoid further delays

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
wow, interesting but good to know. Happy for you two. Hope life brings you both much joy and love and happiness. How is he adjusting to Canada?? How long has he been here now? We are still waiting to hear back. Medical was done begining of february
Hey. My husband had his medical done in February too. His date was Feb. 16. We are still waiting for the results. It's been 59 days now. Soo sooo long. Did your husband receive the results yet?

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Hey. My husband had his medical done in February too. His date was Feb. 16. We are still waiting for the results. It's been 59 days now. Soo sooo long. Did your husband receive the results yet?

Hi, looks like still processing.... ot was told to us it takes 3-4 months. It is brutal waiting ... absolutely brutal. Hope something comes up soon. Will keep posted. Bope you hear back soon also. Keep positive