Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some clarification on something for the application :)
Do the copies of everything (like my passport or birth certificate) need to be certified copies? Or do just my spouses documents need to be and mine can be regular photocopies? Thank you!

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Most of your things can be photocopies. All of mine were photocopies except for my birth certificate (which needed certification for the marriage, so I passed it in certified). Passport and all other documents I passed in were photocopies and I received sponsorship approval without any document requests! Now just not so patiently waiting for the approval of his docs. Good luck getting everything together and please feel free to ask for help with anything along the way!

kesgurl

Oct 17, 2015
Little castle said:
Most of your things can be photocopies. All of mine were photocopies except for my birth certificate (which needed certification for the marriage, so I passed it in certified). Passport and all other documents I passed in were photocopies and I received sponsorship approval without any document requests! Now just not so patiently waiting for the approval of his docs. Good luck getting everything together and please feel free to ask for help with anything along the way!
I am also in the not so patiently waiting stage. Submitted our file May 9 2016, was approved as sponsor but that's the only news we have so far. Almost 10 months total so far. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
kesgurl said:
I am also in the not so patiently waiting stage. Submitted our file May 9 2016, was approved as sponsor but that's the only news we have so far. Almost 10 months total so far. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
oh my goodness,I can't even imagine what my patience will be like at the 10 month mark! Fingers are crossed for you and please share when you hear anything!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
what is the timeline to get a police certificate from cuba when you're living outside of cuba?

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi all, I'm back again with another question!
For the proof of relationship when showing emails between me and my spouse, did you translate them if they were in Spanish? It seems very expensive to get 10 pages of emails and texts translated when it's 30-50 dollars a page for translation :( please tell me what your experience with this was and what you reccomend. Thanks so much for the help!

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
MonzB said:
what is the timeline to get a police certificate from cuba when you're living outside of cuba?

I have limited knowledge about this...but I'm not even sure how you would get a police certificate from Cuba if you are outside of Cuba. I think that they have to be there to apply for the police certificate. If they can get someone to apply for the police certificate, it really varies on the time it takes. Sometimes, you can get it in a week and other times, it can take over a month. Sorry...I know it's probably not what you want to hear.

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Minosis said:
For the proof of relationship when showing emails between me and my spouse, did you translate them if they were in Spanish? It seems very expensive to get 10 pages of emails and texts translated when it's 30-50 dollars a page for translation :( please tell me what your experience with this was and what you reccomend. Thanks so much for the help!
I actually didn't have them translated. It seemed ridiculous to translate all the emails. I just took a print screen of the list of emails. That being said...we are still waiting...

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Minosis said:
I know the application proof section is drastically smaller now ! But I sent in 5-10 emails a month and a page of text messages between us for a week which was over 2 years with . . My husband speaks really good English so that's how we comminxauted and I didn't send them in translated ! The only thing you need translated is police check , birth certificate and marriage certificate ! My processing time in Havana was 3 months !!

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Ferengi said:
I actually didn't have them translated. It seemed ridiculous to translate all the emails. I just took a print screen of the list of emails. That being said...we are still waiting...
You had your interview in July and are still waiting ?! That's crazy. So sorry to hear that . Have they stated why

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Anyone have any experience with handing in requested documents? My husband was called to make another document, but we are unclear about how to hand it in. Is it as simple as him going to the embassy and giving it to the front desk? Or? Thanks in advance!

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Little castle said:
Anyone have any experience with handing in requested documents? My husband was called to make another document, but we are unclear about how to hand it in. Is it as simple as him going to the embassy and giving it to the front desk? Or? Thanks in advance!
I believe you might be able to scan it and send it by email depedening in what the form is and he can sign it when he gets called for interview / visa pick up ? You can email and ask for clarification

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Ap789 said:
I believe you might be able to scan it and send it by email depedening in what the form is and he can sign it when he gets called for interview / visa pick up ? You can email and ask for clarification
Ok thanks. Can I also ask which email to use?!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Ferengi said:
I have limited knowledge about this...but I'm not even sure how you would get a police certificate from Cuba if you are outside of Cuba. I think that they have to be there to apply for the police certificate. If they can get someone to apply for the police certificate, it really varies on the time it takes. Sometimes, you can get it in a week and other times, it can take over a month. Sorry...I know it's probably not what you want to hear.
thank you kindly. We applied through the embassy in Guyana and it has been 6 months with no words.

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
I'm almost ready to submit my application!! But I was wondering if there is anyone who has submit an application since the new changes to it.
Form 5481 is not listed on the checklist 5533, but it is listed in the guide 5289 saying "The sponsor fills out this form if sponsoring only a dependent child who has no dependent children of his or her own." I'm sponsoring my husband, no children for either of us, so does that mean I need to submit this form or not? In the 5533 checklist it has 5. Employment/Source of support as a section and it just asks for my Notice of Assessment and a letter from my employer, but not the form 5481 so I'm very confused about whether I need the form or not or just my Notice of Assessment/letter from employer? I really appreciate any help, thanks so much! :)