02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
Galano1213 said:
I need help with the gcms form wondering where my spouse signs it I am the sponsor and I want to request the notes as his visa was denied and we are appealing the descision.
Your spouse (the sponsored person, the principal applicant) needs to sign in Section A (1) and his info should be there. I left section B blank. In Section C, (3) there should be your name (the sponsor, the designated person to obtain information on your spouse's behalf) and your email address. In Section C, (4), I checked email box and received the notes in the email.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014

ACS08

May 2, 2016
Hello, I am new to this site. I have a few questions and would appreciate any help. Here is some info;
Sent application June 22/15
Recieved June 23/15
Sent to Havana Sept 2/15
Medical Results received Nov 2/15

Have not heard anything else from Havana. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Also, what are these notes that I am reading about that people have requested? How do you do this and who are you requesting then from?
Does these notes go against you in your case for sponsoring your spouse?
Any and all info you can give me would be great.
Thank you

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi
This is a normal time line for Havana. Most times can be 10 months in Havana or more Some people are processed less than that if there are no Red Flags and a interview is not required.

The notes are called GSCM notes and give info on what the agents are saying about the application during the process. You can order them for $5.

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

In both cases, you need to reside in Canada to make an application. There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.

Hope this helps

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Hey Everyone! Hope all is well!!

I need to ask, does anyone know or is aware of a Work Program for Cubans in Canada? I REMEMBER reading smthg a few years back... BUT I can't find the article. My husband has a cousin in Cuba who is highly educated and I want to see if there is a program the government can offer to allow him to come here to work for a few months. In his field! I remember this article outlined all education and jobs that were acceptable under this program!

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Dory

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If you go to a job center in your area they sometimes have programs related to getting new immigrants into work programs.

Have you looked at
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

Check centers that offer English as a second language They are aware of what is available in your area.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Hey everyone, we got the call on Tuesday to schedule our interview for May 11th at 10:30 am. It's on Wednesday so fingers crossed for a same day visa. Our first wedding anniversary is on the 12th. The best gift ever. Our file has been waiting 8 months in Havana. Havana has been busy. I will keep you all posted.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
MrsVC said:
Hey everyone, we got the call on Tuesday to schedule our interview for May 11th at 10:30 am. It's on Wednesday so fingers crossed for a same day visa. Our first wedding anniversary is on the 12th. The best gift ever. Our file has been waiting 8 months in Havana. Havana has been busy. I will keep you all posted.
[/quote

GOOD LUCK, IN GOD WILL ALL IS GOI TO BE FINE.

ACS08

May 2, 2016
My husband got called for his interview to be done May 11, 2016. Very excited!! File has been in Havana since Sept 2, 2015. They have requested a new police check, we already sent one in with the application and evidence of our relationship. I have a couple of questions:
1. Police report will be ready May 27 for pick up. When delivered to the embassy, how long till we know when he receives his visa?
2. What happened to all the evidence, emails, text messages, phone records, pictures...etc that was submitted with the application? Did all of that get sent to Havana also?
Any information will help.
Thank you, and good luck to all that is going through this process.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
1. Once the Police certificate is delivered to the embassy they will notify you when to pick up the visa

2.Sometimes they give back the pkgs but not always.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Does anyone know if you can get a family visa to stay in a your husbands rented apartment?

ACS08

May 2, 2016
Thank you for responding. I know that I have to wait for the embassy to contact us after the new police check is handed in. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about a normal time line from that day to getting the visa. Also, I do not care if I get back any of the evidence that I sent in with the application, I was wondering if Havana sees all the evidence that was submitted to Canada for approval of sponsorship. Does Havana get all of the case including the emails, text messages, photos, phone bills, ticket stubs and etc?
Thank you

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thinking about writing a letter to the minister of immigration and copying it to the Prime Minister as well as the critic of immigration about our denial for a visa as we see several mistakes in the reasons used in the letter we received supporting the denial Has anyone done this with any success ??????

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
ACS08 said:
My husband got called for his interview to be done May 11, 2016. Very excited!! File has been in Havana since Sept 2, 2015. They have requested a new police check, we already sent one in with the application and evidence of our relationship. I have a couple of questions:
1. Police report will be ready May 27 for pick up. When delivered to the embassy, how long till we know when he receives his visa?
2. What happened to all the evidence, emails, text messages, phone records, pictures...etc that was submitted with the application? Did all of that get sent to Havana also?
Any information will help.
Thank you, and good luck to all that is going through this process.
We submitted a new police certificate on a Wednesday, and they called two days later (that Friday) to tell us our visa issuance would be the following Wednesday. It was super fast!

As far as proof, they just want anything you have as proof since sending your application. So basically anything from September until now that they haven't seen.

Good Luck!!

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
MrsVC said:
Hi there, was wondering and hopin your interview went well,