Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Hapeekarn said:
Thanks for the info lokyy. I went and yes seems like a lot of money for what I have to prepare for the marriage. I will do that part myself as it seems it's just transacting documents, getting them motorized and taking to the cuban consolate. I think I will use them for the sponsorship portion though. I am going down on march 28 to see him for 12 days and said we should apply for his passport then a we want to get married in the summer. Will they ask him why he wants it and if so what should he say? Did you get married on a resort? Is there a way on here I could pm you if I have more questions about his parts to do in cuba? Thanks so much. I will get the hang of this site soon and all the ins and outs lol
i will reply to you via pm but just to keep everyone on the loop.people on this forum are going to be more helpful that an immigration laywer trust me,,they know more about immigrating to Canada that the CIC officers themselves, unless your case is really complicated I would advise you to just ask the questions here concerning your app and everything will be fine..as for asking for the cuban passport,,like i said,,1 year ago they DID asked you why you wanted it,now they dont anymore since you dont nee an exit permit,he will be fine.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
lokyy said:
i will reply to you via pm but just to keep everyone on the loop.people on this forum are going to be more helpful that an immigration laywer trust me,,they know more about immigrating to Canada that the CIC officers themselves, unless your case is really complicated I would advise you to just ask the questions here concerning your app and everything will be fine..as for asking for the cuban passport,,like i said,,1 year ago they DID asked you why you wanted it,now they dont anymore since you dont nee an exit permit,he will be fine.
Lokyy is right, don't spend money on a lawyer for sponsorship unless your situation is very complicated.. If it's just straight forward you should look through this forum for answers or ask questions if your unsure of what something means or how to do the paper work. It seems like a lot at first but if you take it step by step you'll realize it was pretty simple and you saved yourself a lot of money

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I totally agree a lawyer is not necessary and sometimes I have seen on this forum that they make mistakes and cause delays. I live in PEI and with the help of this forum filled in our application but in the end it is your choice I would do what ever you can afford and what makes you comfortable as there is enough stress with the wedding to begin with. It is a long process so be patient

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband's police certificate is expired should he wait to get a new one or wait for a request and does he need to be translated to Spanish? What is the new cost for them these days ? And should I send it by mail to Havana or to ON.?

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Galano1213 said:
My husband's police certificate is expired should he wait to get a new one or wait for a request and does he need to be translated to Spanish? What is the new cost for them these days ? And should I send it by mail to Havana or to ON.?
the Antecedentes Penales is already in spanish and it cost 65 cuc,,i would wait for havana vo to request it and send it to them when they do...

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

Does anyone know what the Cuban regulations are for a Canadian wife to live with their Cuban husband in their home in Cuba?

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Galano1213 said:
Hi

Does anyone know what the Cuban regulations are for a Canadian wife to live with their Cuban husband in their home in Cuba?
i do,im thinking about doing the same with for my wife(eventually we will live in cuba)
you have to take a couple documents to the cuban consulate,,they will translate them and legalize them and you must have 5000 in a bank in cuba under your name,the consulate will forward your documents to immigration in cuba and in 2 months you will get a visa at the consulate which will be activated once you land in Cuba,and within 30 days you will go to the immigration office in cuba where they will issue your permanent residence,,you will have a cuban id and the same ''rights(just a few) as a cuban citizen,,of course you will never be a citizen since no one can naturalize in cuba as a citizen,,

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
in fact thats what i would advise to any woman or man marrying a cuban,,to go there and spend some months,preferably a year,,but yes its a tough call when you have responsibilities here in canada,,but sure sure it would strengthen your relationship and give you a clear idea of what youre doing.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I am tired of travelling to Cuba from the maritimes every two months I have know my husband for 6 years now and married since Sept 2013 and our application has been in the system since July 2014 I have spent 6 months in 2013 /2014 in Cuba at a Casa This year it is 6 weeks My suitcase is only on packed to do the laundry. Our application was transferred to Havana Jan 6,2015 I am wondering if I could live with him until he gets his PR at his house and what I would need to do that as 25 cuc plus food is a little too much and we could put that money into his home in Cuba. I know Canadian's can stay there for 3 months on a tourist visa as I have done that at a Casa but what are the rules otherwise.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Galano1213 said:
I am tired of travelling to Cuba from the maritimes every two months I have know my husband for 6 years now and married since Sept 2013 and our application has been in the system since July 2014 I have spent 6 months in 2013 /2014 in Cuba at a Casa This year it is 6 weeks My suitcase is only on packed to do the laundry. Our application was transferred to Havana Jan 6,2015 I am wondering if I could live with him until he gets his PR at his house and what I would need to do that as 25 cuc plus food is a little too much and we could put that money into his home in Cuba. I know Canadian's can stay there for 3 months on a tourist visa as I have done that at a Casa but what are the rules otherwise.
I stay at my husband's house whenever i go and never get questioned for it and i just have a flight in and out of Cuba. Maybe your husband can look into that for you? The rules might have changed.. I know before you needed permission to stay at someone's house but you are his wife so i think there is an exception

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Galano1213 said:
you have to go the the immigration office in cuba,in hist city and ask for a family visa,,,CAUTION if you get caught sleeping at a cubans house without this you wont be allowed into cuba again,,its easy just go to the immigration office and ask for it,,bring your cuban mariage certificate and thats it,,its 45 bucks and you can stay with him the 3 months..

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
HELP - VISITORS VISA APPLICATION STRESS

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well... hubby is well and still sorta enjoying this nasty weather! haha

We are renewing our vows in a month and true to my italian culture having a big 200 person wedding.. i want to gift him a visit from his mother to be here by his side.

i however am stressing out- because i have little time.

if anyone has gone through this process before and could help me out my email is dorydifiore@gmail.com

i have questions and concerns... too many to list here...

please any assistance will help!

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
HELP - VISITORS VISA APPLICATION STRESS

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well... hubby is well and still sorta enjoying this nasty weather! haha

We are renewing our vows in a month and true to my italian culture having a big 200 person wedding.. i want to gift him a visit from his mother to be here by his side.

i however am stressing out- because i have little time.

if anyone has gone through this process before and could help me out my email is dorydifiore @ gmail.com

i have questions and concerns... too many to list here...

please any assistance will help!
if his mother is around 45 or older she will get the visa,most likely multiple visa no problem...by the way,was your grandfather an italian citizen?

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
Hapeekarn said:
I am new to this and have a question. Well many but my first is my fiancé works at a gaviota owned hotel in the kitchen. Will we be able to get married at a different gaviota resort or will it have to be non gaviota owned? As well will he be made to quit working there after we get married? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide me. He is working in cayo coco and living in moron.
Gaviota=Military, so the rules are very different. Do not go against their rules! Your husband can tell you stories, I'm sure. My husband had to quit before we could get married. We did not want to chance the wrath of the powerful Gaviota. He tried to quit in Feb, but they made him stay until the end of his contract, so we had to post-pone the wedding.
Not only can he not get married at a Gaviota resort, he is banned for at least 1 year from even being a guest.
Even though he followed the rules, and quit, and then got married, after about 4 months later Gaviota interrogated all his co-workers, and pulled video tapes from the resort to see how they did not catch him having a relationship with a foreigner. He was later summoned by telegram to appear, where they officially fired him with cause (even though he had already quit). Stange thing that Gaviota.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
MrsHubby said:
Gaviota=Military, so the rules are very different. Do not go against their rules! Your husband can tell you stories, I'm sure. My husband had to quit before we could get married. We did not want to chance the wrath of the powerful Gaviota. He tried to quit in Feb, but they made him stay until the end of his contract, so we had to post-pone the wedding.
Not only can he not get married at a Gaviota resort, he is banned for at least 1 year from even being a guest.
Even though he followed the rules, and quit, and then got married, after about 4 months later Gaviota interrogated all his co-workers, and pulled video tapes from the resort to see how they did not catch him having a relationship with a foreigner. He was later summoned by telegram to appear, where they officially fired him with cause (even though he had already quit). Stange thing that Gaviota.
currently they wont find out since cubans dont need an exit permission no more so the passport agency(immigration) wont ask why they need the passport nor contact gaviota...