+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

CC75

Aug 21, 2013
localola said:
I use Smart-Transfer, once it is all set up you can transfer $$ from your Bank Acct to the Cubans Smart-Transfer TransCard Debit Card and in most cases the money is transferred within 3.5 hours the transfer fee is about 13.00 never had a problem

AIS REMESSAS CUBA, is really good as well....

Localola, apparently we are the only ones that are waiting for VISA from Havana....

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Galano1213 said:
Prenuptial Agreements are legal in Cuba when they are signed and witnessed before the Notary and are signed by two witnesses and of course before the marriage ceremony.
What you posted here is not remotely relevant. Though it may just be a mis-wording you made. From what you stated as I understand it, is a pre-nup signed in Cuba is enforceable by law in Cuba. Well..... thats good and dandy if you plan on living in Cuba. But you don't. So I repeat and clarify....... a pre-nup signed on non-canadian soil, is not enforeable by canadian law on canadian soil. A pre-nup signed under Cuban law is doubtful to pass in a canadian court. Have you confirmed your plans with an attorney here in your province yet?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

Yes I have done so with my lawyer who has written the prenup.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Quote taken from

http://solospanish.com/info-wedding-cuba.pdf

5 G Prenuptial agreements matrimonial legal terms and conditions ( ownership of property,inheritance,parental rights and other matters) are enforceable in Canada , even among Canadian couples; so you might want to supercede that by signing a prenuptial agreement in Canada prior to the wedding. When the spouse is Cuban the prenup must be translated into Spanish so both will sign the English and Spanish versions in front of the Notary Public in Cuba prior to the wedding.

I have used Victor for translations so I know this informations is accurate

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Galano1213 said:
Hi

Yes I have done so with my lawyer who has written the prenup.
+1 for you. Nice to read a sponsor who thinks things through.

Galano1213 said:
Quote taken from

http://solospanish.com/info-wedding-cuba.pdf

5 G Prenuptial agreements matrimonial legal terms and conditions ( ownership of property,inheritance,parental rights and other matters) are enforceable in Canada , even among Canadian couples; so you might want to supercede that by signing a prenuptial agreement in Canada prior to the wedding. When the spouse is Cuban the prenup must be translated into Spanish so both will sign the English and Spanish versions in front of the Notary Public in Cuba prior to the wedding.

I have used Victor for translations so I know this informations is accurate
Not sure what province you are from however inheritance and any gifts in case of a divorce are not included in the 50/50 splitting in Quebec. Since I do not own a home yet. I did not have one done. Bank accounts are also excluded. Protection is necessary for sure. I agree you must do it all as a sponsor to protect yourself.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

I am a resident of Prince Edward Island. And you are right I worked hard to get what I have and I want him to be well aware of that. We love each other so it is okay.

Galano1213 said:
Hi

I am a resident of Prince Edward Island. And you are right I worked hard to get what I have and I want him to be well aware of that. We love each other so it is okay.
Ine
Thing is there is a very thin line between love and hate. It can be all lovey dovey and it could turn into something else down the line. It can happen to any relationship however as a sponsor for at least 3 years you must be aware and protective yourself a bit more then others. I came into this adventure realizing all the positive and negative.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

You are absolutely correct. !!!!!!!!

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
CC75 said:
I know the feeling, you are a month ahead of me.....So I really want you to have good news soon... :)
I hope so, I'm going back for our Wedding Anniversary in about a month..... cant wait.... Havana has had our file for only 4 months... It would be nice to hear something real soon

CC75

Aug 21, 2013
I hope so, I'm going back for our Wedding Anniversary in about a month..... cant wait.... Havana has had our file for only 4 months... It would be nice to hear something real soon

I am going as well, but in November (the 20th is our wedding anniversary)....

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CdnCubaGrl said:
Hello there - Cayo Coco is where I fell in love with Cuba.....and my fiancé is from Ciego de Avila province. :) We are getting married in Ciudad de Ciego de Avila in December! :)
Congratulation

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppsandy79 said:
I never thought my hubby would have trouble adapting. He worked in varadero for a construction company and lived away from home already. It just no matter how much you think they are ready they are not. I never gave my husband any money at all during our 3 and half years together. I always made it clear I was not a bank knowing all the stories I have heard. I was always straight up in everything with him no secrets. It hard for me too. I am also ADJUSTING. First marriage for us both. I am in my early thirties. First time moving out and having all the financial burden. I am more than ready financially as I took advantage of all the years i was at home but I am done with paying for it all alone. He is working yes but part-time and goes to school. I guess i am just overwhelmed with it all. I wanna feel like a woman and not a mom. If I could do it again, I would have not done it this way that;s for sure. He is kind and warm with me always but there is the character thing that you always find out after living with someone. He is soooo hard headed and that doe snot believe anything no one tells him. Hopefully things do get better....i am exhausted
Things will get better with time don't worry :)