+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Galano1213 said:
Hi

In Canada, you are only responsible for debts on which you have signed and your spouse is responsible for debts on which he or she has signed. If you have both signed for the same debt, then you both owe the full amount. If one of you doesn't pay the joint debt, the creditor has the right to collect the entire debt from the other person. Hope this helps
I knew this just that I was wondering since I am his sponsor if that changed anything? I am glad to hear this for sure :) the whole sponsor responsility is enough

CdnCubaGrl

Sep 9, 2013
LiaJoi said:
Have a wonderful time I red that your gonna be around Cayo coco and Ciego de Avila,my province.have a good time and let's us know when your back with your wife
Hello there - Cayo Coco is where I fell in love with Cuba.....and my fiancé is from Ciego de Avila province. :) We are getting married in Ciudad de Ciego de Avila in December! :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi ppsandy79

I hear what u are saying and after reading alot of the info on here regarding the responsibilities I have had bad dreams about the sponsorship. I am getting married Sept 22 and I have known him for 5 years but as they say u never know someone until u live with them. And sometimes the person u know in their country is not the same person when they get here. Guess I just have to have faith in my choices and go with the flow

CC75

Aug 21, 2013
Hi Localola,
Iam waiting for my husband's visa from Havana, Applied June 19, got the AOR July 10, SA approved July 17, AOR from Havana July 30. Medical was done Feb. 2013.
Now waiting for his Visa

Galano1213 said:
Hi ppsandy79

I hear what u are saying and after reading alot of the info on here regarding the responsibilities I have had bad dreams about the sponsorship. I am getting married Sept 22 and I have known him for 5 years but as they say u never know someone until u live with them. And sometimes the person u know in their country is not the same person when they get here. Guess I just have to have faith in my choices and go with the flow
This is so true my husband has been here for 3 months and let me tell you it is one hell of a ride. mentality is super different considering I myself am from immigrant parents. I am now having big culture shocks with him. I never did before in or 3 years together. You will never know until they get here and I am not sure where we will be in one year from now. It is really one day a time for us and I guess for all too.

They think they know so much but they know nothing. They are brainwashed in their country. Heard headed men for real. They think we make so much money and that we just complain as we all know we work hard and bills must be paid. Would I do it all over again...NO WAY......love does not conquer all and I am now a very strong believer.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi ppsandy79

I can certainly understand what you are saying. I have decided to have a prenup signed and witnessed, I am a retired teacher and have some assets but I live on a pension and do not waste my money. My fiance is a head chef at a resort in Guardalavaca and wants to work when he gets here, however he was injured in hurricane Sandy last year and not working I have been helping him since then. He hopes to be back to work in Dec. we are in our middle 50's so not into the party life and he has not asked me for expensive gifts. I am sure it will be a big culture shock for him as well as he has never travelled far from his town of Banes except to go to work in Guardalavaca. I am in a small province and live in a rural area so that may help. My previous husband was from West Africa and we had no problems but he passed away in 1996 and was well travelled so maybe that makes a difference.

I hope for your sake that after a little more time he will settle into life in Canada. I hear it takes different lengths of time for everyone.

Take Care

Galano1213 said:
Hi ppsandy79

I can certainly understand what you are saying. I have decided to have a prenup signed and witnessed, I am a retired teacher and have some assets but I live on a pension and do not waste my money. My fiance is a head chef at a resort in Guardalavaca and wants to work when he gets here, however he was injured in hurricane Sandy last year and not working I have been helping him since then. He hopes to be back to work in Dec. we are in our middle 50's so not into the party life and he has not asked me for expensive gifts. I am sure it will be a big culture shock for him as well as he has never travelled far from his town of Banes except to go to work in Guardalavaca. I am in a small province and live in a rural area so that may help. My previous husband was from West Africa and we had no problems but he passed away in 1996 and was well travelled so maybe that makes a difference.

I hope for your sake that after a little more time he will settle into life in Canada. I hear it takes different lengths of time for everyone.

Take Care
I never thought my hubby would have trouble adapting. He worked in varadero for a construction company and lived away from home already. It just no matter how much you think they are ready they are not. I never gave my husband any money at all during our 3 and half years together. I always made it clear I was not a bank knowing all the stories I have heard. I was always straight up in everything with him no secrets. It hard for me too. I am also ADJUSTING. First marriage for us both. I am in my early thirties. First time moving out and having all the financial burden. I am more than ready financially as I took advantage of all the years i was at home but I am done with paying for it all alone. He is working yes but part-time and goes to school. I guess i am just overwhelmed with it all. I wanna feel like a woman and not a mom. If I could do it again, I would have not done it this way that;s for sure. He is kind and warm with me always but there is the character thing that you always find out after living with someone. He is soooo hard headed and that doe snot believe anything no one tells him. Hopefully things do get better....i am exhausted

CC75

Aug 21, 2013
ppsandy79,
I know the feeling.... one day at the time... :) I am already talking to my husband about being home sick, work we have talked about it and definitely have no problem there, regarding money I was always very open, money does not grow on trees. ;) he is still in Cuba....

CC75 said:
ppsandy79,
I know the feeling.... one day at the time... :) I am already talking to my husband about being home sick, work we have talked about it and definitely have no problem there, regarding money I was always very open, money does not grow on trees. ;) he is still in Cuba....
yes one day at a time however this feels good to just let it out. Yes always show them that money is earned and that because we make much more we PAY WAY much more too. He says that I am hard with money YA well good I would not have what i have today if it was not for my saving habits. He does not look like he is home sick just its it more that we are both adjusting to our characters. You never really know someone until you live with them. I just thought it would be better than this that's all.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Brooksee said:
You need to have a TD account and wire the money. It will cost $30 for each transfer. They also need a bank account there. It will cost them the exchange rate though. It can take about 3 to 4 days for them to get it.

I did that about 6times and then when I went to Cuba for visit I left a prepaid visa for my wife and all I did is get another prepaid visa and loaded it and she got it right away. But do not activate that second card because then the card in Cuba will be cancelled. You can get it at money mart. Still have to pay the exchange.

Brooksee
I use Smart-Transfer, once it is all set up you can transfer $$ from your Bank Acct to the Cubans Smart-Transfer TransCard Debit Card and in most cases the money is transferred within 3.5 hours the transfer fee is about 13.00 www.smart-transfer.com never had a problem

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
CC75 said:
Hi Localola,
Iam waiting for my husband's visa from Havana, Applied June 19, got the AOR July 10, SA approved July 17, AOR from Havana July 30. Medical was done Feb. 2013.
Now waiting for his Visa
the wait is killing me.....

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Galano1213 said:
I have decided to have a prenup signed and witnessed,
Hi,
Interesting thought, so figured I would comment. As far as I understand, Pre-Nups which are not signed in Canada are NOT legally binding in Canada. What you would require would be a Post-Nup after landing. Now you have time to think about how you want to broach the subject to your bf if you still want something signed. Better to bring it up now then after their plane lands.

As sponsors we sure do put it ALL on the line so to speak when we do something like this. Kinda scary I know...

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi

Prenuptial Agreements are legal in Cuba when they are signed and witnessed before the Notary and are signed by two witnesses and of course before the marriage ceremony.