Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
:D Thankyou Greeneyes xoxo :-* How is your DIL and son doing? Have a great day xoxo :-* :D
There are doing great. She is still looking for work though. She wants to work with animals like in a veterinary office. She wants to drive and is impatient with the graduated license system. As a 29 year old woman she is ready to work but driving would make the opportunities easier. She is still waiting for her Immigration card to arrive. They got her sin card but can't apply for medical card without her immigration card or so she has been told...Any news for you?

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
Your trip is coming up quickly. Have a wonderful time. :D Where is your love from in Cuba?
I met him in Cayo Coco, but he lives in Ciego de Avila..he says in Pina...but you can't hardly find that on any maps..lol. I don't seem to see many people who have loves from this area. It's quite far from Havana which is going to be a bit of a pain if/when we decide to move things forward. One day at a time at this point I think. Any news yet on your appeal? My fingers and toes are definately crossed for you :D

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiaJoi said:
yes 120% cuban ahaha from ciego de avila im living in kitchener lol not very far from toronto thow :)
Is your hubby from Ciego de Avila as well? Did you get married in Cuba?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Greeneyes said:
There are doing great. She is still looking for work though. She wants to work with animals like in a veterinary office. She wants to drive and is impatient with the graduated license system. As a 29 year old woman she is ready to work but driving would make the opportunities easier. She is still waiting for her Immigration card to arrive. They got her sin card but can't apply for medical card without her immigration card or so she has been told...Any news for you?
All she needs is her COPR form and a proof of address, which is as simple as a mailed bank statement in her name. The actual PR card isn't needed, that is, if you're in Ontario and applying for OHIP. The people at the Service Ontario office can give u a pamphlet which shows 3 lists, each one with a certain requirement. List 1 and List 3 can both be satisfied by the COPR form. List 2 can be satisfied by a mailed bank statement.

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
thomshel said:
Lol yes hes from ciego de avila, im from there too im cuban, i know pina and i met my husband in cayo guillermo also haha :)

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
thomshel said:
and yes i did get married in cuba :)

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
All she needs is her COPR form and a proof of address, which is as simple as a mailed bank statement in her name. The actual PR card isn't needed, that is, if you're in Ontario and applying for OHIP. The people at the Service Ontario office can give u a pamphlet which shows 3 lists, each one with a certain requirement. List 1 and List 3 can both be satisfied by the COPR form. List 2 can be satisfied by a mailed bank statement.
Thanks Tink...I will let her know....so she can at least get the ball rolling with the card even though she has to be in the province for 3 months..It has been over one month now and yes she lives with my son in Ontario...Milton area...Thanks again

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiaJoi said:
and yes i did get married in cuba :)
What office did you have to use to get everything processed? Havana? I am assuming there is nothing closer to Ciego de Avila. What about your marriage license?

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
thomshel said:
What office did you have to use to get everything processed? Havana? I am assuming there is nothing closer to Ciego de Avila. What about your marriage license?

Well are you cuban too? Well I don't know in my case it was really easy I went to cuba in octuber to spend a couple of months there we weren't planing to get married or anything I was just gonna spend time there since I was ppregnant and stuff but then we decided yeah ok let's get married haha and all we had to do was to go and get our birth cirtificate,I used my cuban passport as an ID and my husban his "carnet de identidad" ,they didn't ask for our "Solteria" since we haven't been married before ,because I'm cuban they asked for that yellow paper which sometimes is pink or green that I had to fill out at the airport in cuba ,and that's was all we got married and in 3 days we got our married certificate but they give you 2, one that only work in cuba and the other took about 45 days because they send it to havana so it will work here in canada and other countries,if you go yourself to la havana with the married certificate and 100 C.U.C you will get it faster in like 15 days but I wasn't in a hurry since I wasn't returning to canada till february

I don't know if the info I gave you was helpfull but that what I did I still in the process I sent my papers to Missisuaga on march 26

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiaJoi said:
Well are you cuban too? Well I don't know in my case it was really easy I went to cuba in octuber to spend a couple of months there we weren't planing to get married or anything I was just gonna spend time there since I was ppregnant and stuff but then we decided yeah ok let's get married haha and all we had to do was to go and get our birth cirtificate,I used my cuban passport as an ID and my husban his "carnet de identidad" ,they didn't ask for our "Solteria" since we haven't been married before ,because I'm cuban they asked for that yellow paper which sometimes is pink or green that I had to fill out at the airport in cuba ,and that's was all we got married and in 3 days we got our married certificate but they give you 2, one that only work in cuba and the other took about 45 days because they send it to havana so it will work here in canada and other countries,if you go yourself to la havana with the married certificate and 100 C.U.C you will get it faster in like 15 days but I wasn't in a hurry since I wasn't returning to canada till february

I don't know if the info I gave you was helpfull but that what I did I still in the process I sent my papers to Missisuaga on march 26

No I am not Cuban, I am from Canada. I can't send a message yet, still have to do a few more posts I guess. Nothing has been discussed about marriage yet, I am just trying to get as much information as I possibly can so we can talk about everything while I am there. Much easier to talk in person thatover a text or on the phone...my spanish isn't the best and it's easier for him face to face because I talk to fast..lol

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
thomshel said:
No I am not Cuban, I am from Canada. I can't send a message yet, still have to do a few more posts I guess. Nothing has been discussed about marriage yet, I am just trying to get as much information as I possibly can so we can talk about everything while I am there. Much easier to talk in person thatover a text or on the phone...my spanish isn't the best and it's easier for him face to face because I talk to fast..lol

hahaha yeah i understand , you can send private message now haha you already reached 10 post
and well i dont really know what paper you need from here but he will need a birth certificate ,and if he had been married before the divorced papers and the solteria ,you guys can get that done in like 3 days before getting marry but for you i dont know what papers you will need but yeah when you find out what you need just bring everything with you to cuba and there you 2 can go together to get your papers hehehe
ahh dont worry i can teach u some spanish , when are you planning on going there?

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
Anything new here? its been pretty quite lately :( :(

natashaR

Apr 10, 2013
hi everyone!! im new to forums and dont quite know how to use them.. but ill get there! so i live in Quebec and my husband from Cuba.

applied as a sponsor on nov.7 2012 and was approved dec.31 2012. Then applied for CSQ (which i need for Quebec) and got it on feb.6 2013. I have a few questions regarding my situation and any help would be appreciated!!!!

how do you know the date that the file has been transfered from CIC to VO of havana?
on my husband's application status, it says application received and details say that the medical results have been received :/ doesnt sound like anything is moving!!

Also i see a lot of date in your information saying "meds done" what is that? is it the medical check that was done to be sent with the application package to CIC?

thanks again and best of luck to all!!!

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
shuster2210 said:
Havana office is a crazy one.
I have had a Cuban friend that was with his spouse for 3 mOnths before marriage and was approved and in Canada 5 months to the day after the wedding, and people in a 2 year plus relationship denied because of lack of communication/and real face time together
Seen huge age differences accepted and denied, just depends on who gets your file.
It is all Cuban staff who cOmplete and check the files, then the Canadian staff give final seal of approval.
Someone I know just arrived and it was 5.5 months from the day package was submitted until she landed here.

You are right thats so true

natashaR

Apr 10, 2013
We got the call from the embassy!!!! My husband has been asked to get pictures taken and to present himself on Tuesday with passport and pics! I have my fingers crossed!!! Have a nice day!!