Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
Hopefully the Cuban government will quickly get rid of the exit visas, there has been talk about reforms. So lets hope this will happen eventually and the sooner the better.
Am praying to have him here by the end of the month, if not sooner. It all depends on the exit visa now, and air seat availabilty.

Can you guy clearify something if you can? Ive been told that Cubans can only fly with Cubana or Air Canada, but what about Wetjet? Am not sure if there is a law saying that they can only fly with these two airlines or the reason is because you cant buy a one way ticket with chartered airlines, and these ones are scheduled. I will try contacting the Cuban consulate to make sure.
I was told that they can now use westjet and I did have a friend fly out of cuba with sunwing.....never did get the full answer on how though.....LOL....

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Used to be that they couldn't fly out on a charter airline, but was never written in stone. They can leave leave on any airline now. Sunwing doesn't allow to book one way out of Cuba as far as I know, and I have tried to do it myself. Cubana has great one way fares, about $200 taxes inc.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Used to be that they couldn't fly out on a charter airline, but was never written in stone. They can leave leave on any airline now. Sunwing doesn't allow to book one way out of Cuba as far as I know, and I have tried to do it myself. Cubana has great one way fares, about $200 taxes inc.
and is it true shuster2210...that they don't have to fly out of Havana....for example I would prefer Varadero....I am hearing conflicting stories on this.....

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Yeah chartered flights dont do one-ways. That other person must have bought a two way ticket and lost the one segment. Cubana doesn't work for us, since they dont fly out of our departure city, he would have to trave to Havana or Camaguey to fly with Cubana. He will have to travel with Air Canada or Westjet. WEstjet has a better flight time than Air Canada, but its also more expensive.

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
and is it true shuster2210...that they don't have to fly out of Havana....for example I would prefer Varadero....I am hearing conflicting stories on this.....
KJG, I dont know about Varadero specifically, but I know they can leave out of other cities. I would assume the same applies for Varadero.

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Yes they can leave out of varadero KLG no worries!!!
Check westjet, air Canada and Cubana.

Regarding AOR from Havana. This is a response from an immigration rep I know that deals a lot with Cuba
The short answer is no Havana is not good to always send the aor. I would allow them 4-6 weeks to get it to you or the person you are sponsoring. If you don't have it by then send them an e-mail advising them that you have not yet received. The reason the AOR is required is that it will assign a different file number for the person being sponsored, a date that they are going to have acknowledged receiving the file and a do not disturb date ie the date that they are going to tell you that if you have not heard from them that it is okay to write to ask for an update. The electronic system is hit and miss, only as good as the person entering the information however without the file number for the person being sponsored you will not see any further information really thant what you see now as that information is based on you and the file number that has been given to you as a sponsor. Hope that helps. Good

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Yes they can leave out of varadero KLG no worries!!!
Check westjet, air Canada and Cubana.

Regarding AOR from Havana. This is a response from an immigration rep I know that deals a lot with Cuba
The short answer is no Havana is not good to always send the aor. I would allow them 4-6 weeks to get it to you or the person you are sponsoring. If you don't have it by then send them an e-mail advising them that you have not yet received. The reason the AOR is required is that it will assign a different file number for the person being sponsored, a date that they are going to have acknowledged receiving the file and a do not disturb date ie the date that they are going to tell you that if you have not heard from them that it is okay to write to ask for an update. The electronic system is hit and miss, only as good as the person entering the information however without the file number for the person being sponsored you will not see any further information really thant what you see now as that information is based on you and the file number that has been given to you as a sponsor. Hope that helps. Good
Thanks so much shuster2210. Leaving out of varadero will definitely decrease my stress level and therefore my husband's anxiety level....I know the airport inside and out so am comfortable with the routine etc. so that is good.....definitely will check out cubana. What are their luggage restrictions/requirements??? I know air canada's and west jet's and since you fly cubana I figured you would know off the top of your head!!!!

Also great info on the immigration front. So if we haven't heard anything in about 7 weeks or so.....I will send them an email asking for confirmation that they have received the file.

Thanks so much!!!!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Cubanas is the best. 2 bags 23kg each bag, however I do know that as with all things Cuban, they were giving that allowance for inbound, but just 23k return. I flew Cubana to Havana but returned with air Canada I didn't experience it.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Cubanas is the best. 2 bags 23kg each bag, however I do know that as with all things Cuban, they were giving that allowance for inbound, but just 23k return. I flew Cubana to Havana but returned with air Canada I didn't experience it.
well as I am sure you know...LOL....coming back is never a problem with weight!!!! But that is great......what about a carry-on...is that included in that weight or separate....

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
That's separate. 10kg I believe. They are pretty much the same as air Canada

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
That's separate. 10kg I believe. They are pretty much the same as air Canada
sweet....thank you for that info....will definitely check their prices for my next trip to cuba.....fngers crossed that it will be september...!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Hey. Here is another response from the imm. Rep regarding the aor from Havana

e UCI Numer and the F file number are file numbers for you. The AOR will have a B number which is the file number for your husband. If you filled out the form in the imm forms to have them release information to an authorized person (not a paid representative) then they will send this to you. They are required to send it to the Cuban person otherwise. I would still send the e-mail and see if they can send it to you. Or if your husband has an e-mail address have them send it to them to get them to forward it to him by e-mail.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Hey. Here is another response from the imm. Rep regarding the aor from Havana

e UCI Numer and the F file number are file numbers for you. The AOR will have a B number which is the file number for your husband. If you filled out the form in the imm forms to have them release information to an authorized person (not a paid representative) then they will send this to you. They are required to send it to the Cuban person otherwise. I would still send the e-mail and see if they can send it to you. Or if your husband has an e-mail address have them send it to them to get them to forward it to him by e-mail.
thanks shuster2210.....I didn't fill out that form with respect to an authorized person...but we did include my husband's email address so that is good since he emails me everyday he will see it as soon as it comes.....I will email them in mid-august and have him do the same if nothing by then......all these identity/file numbers...ugggggg......glad you have inside info!!!!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
It's all crazy lol.
I'll do the same, but earlier. When I checked his file num. They had his street address and everything correct but just listed Havana city, instead of Havana vieja. And there are 2 streets in Havana "city" with the same name, 2 different barrios.... Ah Cuba. Jaja
So I mail email next week just so that can be changed.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
It's all crazy lol.
I'll do the same, but earlier. When I checked his file num. They had his street address and everything correct but just listed Havana city, instead of Havana vieja. And there are 2 streets in Havana "city" with the same name, 2 different barrios.... Ah Cuba. Jaja
So I mail email next week just so that can be changed.
my husband's address is correct except instead of "carretera" they put "corretera" but not overly concerned on that...all the numbers and the barrio is right....whew!!!!