File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Hi everyone; new to this forum. I had sent my application to CIC May 22, receipt date May 23,2012. I received an email today that I've been approved as a sponsor. How long does it take to get to Havana? I'll be so happy when my husband is finally here; we've been together five years next month; married one year this September.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Luvcuba said:
Hi everyone; new to this forum. I had sent my application to CIC May 22, receipt date May 23,2012. I received an email today that I've been approved as a sponsor. How long does it take to get to Havana? I'll be so happy when my husband is finally here; we've been together five years next month; married one year this September.
Welcome to our thread....congrats on the speedy approval!!!! The approval date is the date deemed to be the file transfer date. Mine was sent out June 20th and neither myself or my husband have heard anything to date. The transfer date should not be too long as it is sent by "diplomatic courier"!!!
;D

cicfrustrated

Jun 12, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your response, the situation for us keeps getting uglier. I just got the Caips few days ago turned out that th V.O entered mistaken information in our file, and based on the grounds of this mistaken info, he was called for an interview. The original recommendation in our file was to waive the interview, since we provided a many proofs of relationship, we are close in age, we are both Cuban, all of the above in the words of the immigration officer that first looked at our file. The someone else, entered a note in our file, containing wrong info about our relationship development and he was called for an interview since then everything has been a HELL for us. Imagine that, 4 months after the interview the V.O in Havana didnt start the security check yet, by the time my husband had the interview this was the only thing missing in his file in order to complete the process. Now medical exams are expired,an we certainly don't know what exactly we are waiting for. I have written a letter to the M.P, that I'll be taking to her office tomorrow. DOES ANYONE KNOWS IN CASES LIKE THIS WHERE WE SHOULD COMPLAINT??? I'm really desperate and SO FED UP of the V.O in Havana and their incompetency. Thanks everyone!!

lambchop said:
cicfrustrated...What a rotten situation. My heart goes out to you.

I am not sure if this would be of any assistance, but you considered talking to your local MP's office about your situation while you are waiting for your CAIPS notes? CAIPS requests can take a long time to come through. There is no doubt that some MP's offices are more helpful than others, but hopefully you can catch a break somewhere.

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
Hi all,
Just joining up on this thread since I'm also bringing my Cuban husband over to Canada. He got his Canadian visa in February but we've been waiting on his liberation letter since then. He could have quit his job and got it earlier...but he didn't want to be sitting around doing nothing waiting for his visa if it took a long time. Definitely regret it now but such is life. Good news is they called him yesterday and told him to come pick up the letter on Thursday. So hypothetically, if all goes well with the PVE, he could be here in a week or two! Yaaaaay!!!
Didn't wade through the whole thread. But I'm here if anyone has questions since I've now done almost the whole process.
And, of course, I'm gonna promote my blog on the topic...I Married The Pool Boy (see link in my signature). I'd love to hear what you think!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
veradis said:
Hi all,
Just joining up on this thread since I'm also bringing my Cuban husband over to Canada. He got his Canadian visa in February but we've been waiting on his liberation letter since then. He could have quit his job and got it earlier...but he didn't want to be sitting around doing nothing waiting for his visa if it took a long time. Definitely regret it now but such is life. Good news is they called him yesterday and told him to come pick up the letter on Thursday. So hypothetically, if all goes well with the PVE, he could be here in a week or two! Yaaaaay!!!
Didn't wade through the whole thread. But I'm here if anyone has questions since I've now done almost the whole process.
And, of course, I'm gonna promote my blog on the topic...I Married The Pool Boy (see link in my signature). I'd love to hear what you think!
veradis....this liberation letter you are taking about...is that for any job you husband may have or just specific ones.....because my husband is still working....file was only transferred to Havana 4 weeks ago....but he too would go crazy just sitting around waiting and waiting and the $20 a month he makes is necessary.....

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
They vary in speed and irritating complications from job to job. His is to do with being a sports professional...not about his job at a resort. And it's also to do with when he graduated from university...4 years ago. Apparently if it had been 5 years or more it wouldn't have been a hassle. Your husband should probably ask at the immigration office exactly what he will need and then when ask his work (if telling them he's married won't get him fired) how to go about getting the letter. The complications start when you need multiple levels of people signing things.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
veradis said:
They vary in speed and irritating complications from job to job. His is to do with being a sports professional...not about his job at a resort. And it's also to do with when he graduated from university...4 years ago. Apparently if it had been 5 years or more it wouldn't have been a hassle. Your husband should probably ask at the immigration office exactly what he will need and then when ask his work (if telling them he's married won't get him fired) how to go about getting the letter. The complications start when you need multiple levels of people signing things.
so every cuban who works...regardless of their job needs this liberation letter??? he is a security guard at a medical clinic.......

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
Yep! It's the baja, maybe you've heard about it as that? When he goes to get his PRE (or PVE) he'll need his baja, a marriage certificate no more than 90 days old...and hmmm, not sure what else. My husband is dealing with all that since it's his side, not mine. I know they need to show they did their military service or if not, why not. But not sure if they have a letter for that or what. He should talk to the local Cuban immigration office to get the specific needs for his case.

cicfrustrated

Jun 12, 2012
Veradis, your husband got the Visa on the same day he had the interview???I was looking at you case progress and saw the same date for both.

veradis said:
Yep! It's the baja, maybe you've heard about it as that? When he goes to get his PRE (or PVE) he'll need his baja, a marriage certificate no more than 90 days old...and hmmm, not sure what else. My husband is dealing with all that since it's his side, not mine. I know they need to show they did their military service or if not, why not. But not sure if they have a letter for that or what. He should talk to the local Cuban immigration office to get the specific needs for his case.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
veradis said:
okay.....do you think it is too early now for him to find out.....we are going for the PRE we have discussed that.....and I have the original marriage certificate so he will need to order another one???.....so he could go to the local immigration office and find this out? well he is doing his driving test this week...so I will hit him with all of this when that is done.....I am sure we have plenty of time.......so I will tell him about the "baja" or "liberation letter"....never heard of those just in passing and I thought is applied to hotel workes/civil servents/etc.

did you get an AOR from Havana??? sorry for asking so many questions!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
cicfrustrated said:
Hi,
Thanks for your response, the situation for us keeps getting uglier. I just got the Caips few days ago turned out that th V.O entered mistaken information in our file, and based on the grounds of this mistaken info, he was called for an interview. The original recommendation in our file was to waive the interview, since we provided a many proofs of relationship, we are close in age, we are both Cuban, all of the above in the words of the immigration officer that first looked at our file. The someone else, entered a note in our file, containing wrong info about our relationship development and he was called for an interview since then everything has been a HELL for us. Imagine that, 4 months after the interview the V.O in Havana didnt start the security check yet, by the time my husband had the interview this was the only thing missing in his file in order to complete the process. Now medical exams are expired,an we certainly don't know what exactly we are waiting for. I have written a letter to the M.P, that I'll be taking to her office tomorrow. DOES ANYONE KNOWS IN CASES LIKE THIS WHERE WE SHOULD COMPLAINT??? I'm really desperate and SO FED UP of the V.O in Havana and their incompetency. Thanks everyone!!
cicfrustrated....oh that is just terrible....your file is certainly a case of what can go wrong did go wrong. and the worst thing is your hands are tied....not much you can do but try and get through this process....so were exactly are you now in your process.....

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Klg
Everyone needs a "baja" regardless of title.
Does he do security for Sepsa or another agency?

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
No problem. Happy to help.
I assumed the baja applied to everyone with a job...but I could be wrong. Definitely his immigration office will be able to tell him and it's not too early.
For the marriage certificate he just goes to the lawyer that married you and asks for a new one. That takes a couple days.
Are you in Ontario? I know that he needs to have had his license for 2 years in Cuba for him to be able to get a license in Ontario. If you're in another province, I don't know the rules.
I'm not sure what an AOR is...is that them telling me when they received my file? I don't think I got that officially. Perhaps the date popped up on the CIC website eventually. Or maybe it was in an email they sent me (there was a spelling mistake on his police certificate so they contacted me about that). I'm can't remember how I know when it arrived...but I do, so that seems to speak to me having received some sort of notification at some point ;) Generally it takes a couple weeks to arrive.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Klg
Everyone needs a "baja" regardless of title.
Does he do security for Sepsa or another agency?
see that is why I need you guys....I knew nothing about this "baja" per say....hmmmm that I do not know shuster2210.....I am thinking not.....but can't say 100%....but I will find out...will email him....what are your thoughts on getting this letter now or should we wait??? if we get now and he loses his job it will drive him crazy.......or do you think we can get and he can work till we know exactly what is going on....

lambchop

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Yes, baja is needed, regardless of job type. Note that what is required for PVE/PRE can vary from province to province. Best bet is for your spouse to go to the immigration office and find out what is required. However, he may want to wait a week or two. I believe the Cuban national assembly meets on Monday and rumour has it they may make some announcements on the relaxation of requirements for the PRE for Cubans married to foreigners. This was originally talked about at the beginning of May with the Cuban government announcing that details would be forthcoming. While I highly doubt the exit permits will be eliminated, the Cuban government may make them a bit less of a hassle to obtain. Fingers crossed!