Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Congrats!!! That's great news!!!!!
Keep us posted as to how the Cuban side of things go!!
any signs of the actual letter yet???? ;D

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Nope. But I'm at work today, don't get home till after 7, here's hoping!

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
Thank you for your congrats everyone. We are just so happy that we can't even sleep over how happy and excited we are.
He already got his "baja" from work, so now he has to apply for the exit visa. One of our friends, applied and it took only 5 days (this is for the PVE), so am hoping the same for us. Ill keep you guys posted. Blessings!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
Thank you for your congrats everyone. We are just so happy that we can't even sleep over how happy and excited we are.
He already got his "baja" from work, so now he has to apply for the exit visa. One of our friends, applied and it took only 5 days (this is for the PVE), so am hoping the same for us. Ill keep you guys posted. Blessings!
Will you be going to get your husband and fly back with him? So excited for you!!!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Letter was in the mailbox today! More excited holding the letter than I was with the phone call.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Letter was in the mailbox today! More excited holding the letter than I was with the phone call.
absolutely...nothing like have that paper in your hand...what a great way to end your week shuster2210......get your bud light lime mojita and celebrate!!! can you imagine how we are going to feel when our husband's visa's get issued!!!! so happy for you......it is one thing to hear on the phone and another to have evidence in your hand....enjoy!!!!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Que Rico, ya me siento mucho mucho mejor!!!
Definitely mojito time!!!! And time to book my ticket for September!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Que Rico, ya me siento mucho mucho mejor!!!
Definitely mojito time!!!! And time to book my ticket for September!!!
hahaha...I was kinda hoping for a September trip as well!!!

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
Will you be going to get your husband and fly back with him? So excited for you!!!
I wish I could KJG, but I only have one week vacation left, so I rather take that week for when he arrives so that I can show him around, and get his documetation here sorted out (PRE, ohip, SIN etc). Unfortunately, the process doesn't end in Cuba. BUT it's all more than worth it. My husband is an amazing husband, we love eachother deeply, and I would do it all over for him if I had to. Thank you for your support and help KJG.

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Congrats Shuster!!!! its an amzing feeling isn't it. This process is an emotional and consuming rollercoaster. You must feel relief and a ton of weight off your shoulder. Blessing.

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
CRZN said:
Congrats Shuster!!!! its an amzing feeling isn't it. This process is an emotional and consuming rollercoaster. You must feel relief and a ton of weight off your shoulder. Blessing.
Same to you CRZN... Such great news!!!
I'm very lucky to be able to have a lot of time of and flexibility with my schedule so I'm going for hubbys birthday in september!!
So are you going to the the PVE??

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
shuster2210 said:
Same to you CRZN... Such great news!!!
I'm very lucky to be able to have a lot of time of and flexibility with my schedule so I'm going for hubbys birthday in september!!
So are you going to the the PVE??
Thats' awesome Shuster! am dying to see my husband, its been two months since I seen him last...just glad it wont be long now. What a great birthday present for you to give to him. I hope the visa post calls you by then.

Yes, we are going for the PVE. Two of our friends did the same and once they applied for the PRE here, it only took a month to be issued. Been too long apart, cant bare to wait anylonger. If my husband were to apply for the PRE in Cuba, it may take up to a month for the Cuban side to issue, and it costs $550 CUC on top of that, ah and with the chances that it could be denied. I dont believe that there would be any reason for my husband to be denied, but I just don't want to wait. I rather him here and if it only takes a a few months for the PRE to to be issued here, we'd be saving some money too. If it takes longer to be issued, well, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. But am staying positive. :) What are you thinking of doing?

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
We are definitely going with the PRE. Because my husband has property in his name it is the safest bet for us.
I know it takes longer but for us for to be able to be of sound mind here knowin that his mom will have no issues with the house is the best.
Not that it happens very often but I had a friend whose husband was denied his PRE here in the 11th month and had to go back and start again so it makes me nervous lol.

So when do you expect to have him here?
I have only been home from Cuba for 5 weeks but it feels like an eternity!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
I am like shuster2210.....going with the PRE as well.....

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
shuster2210 said:
We are definitely going with the PRE. Because my husband has property in his name it is the safest bet for us.
I know it takes longer but for us for to be able to be of sound mind here knowin that his mom will have no issues with the house is the best.
Not that it happens very often but I had a friend whose husband was denied his PRE here in the 11th month and had to go back and start again so it makes me nervous lol.

So when do you expect to have him here?
I have only been home from Cuba for 5 weeks but it feels like an eternity!!!
Hopefully the Cuban government will quickly get rid of the exit visas, there has been talk about reforms. So lets hope this will happen eventually and the sooner the better.
Am praying to have him here by the end of the month, if not sooner. It all depends on the exit visa now, and air seat availabilty.

Can you guy clearify something if you can? Ive been told that Cubans can only fly with Cubana or Air Canada, but what about Wetjet? Am not sure if there is a law saying that they can only fly with these two airlines or the reason is because you cant buy a one way ticket with chartered airlines, and these ones are scheduled. I will try contacting the Cuban consulate to make sure.