+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Has anyone received any medical request recently ? I’m debating between my husband going to Guyana (preferred) or Trinidad . His English isn’t the best . Which country would you suggest ? Did most people get request before or after file was transferred to Mexico?

Reactions: linalightning

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Has anyone received any medical request recently ? I’m debating between my husband going to Guyana (preferred) or Trinidad . His English isn’t the best . Which country would you suggest ? Did most people get request before or after file was transferred to Mexico?
We got the request prior to the file transfer and my husband and stepson went to Trinidad. It all went well. If you are on Facebook, ask to join the group "Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition". There are lots of supports and information on both destinations for medicals.

Reactions: linalightning

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
We got the request prior to the file transfer and my husband and stepson went to Trinidad. It all went well. If you are on Facebook, ask to join the group "Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition". There are lots of supports and information on both destinations for medicals.
Yes I am in that group.
Thank you

Reactions: laleona

clairemarie

Sep 21, 2019
Hi there,
I am new to this forum. I have everything together and am about to send in my application to sponsor my husband to come to Canada.

Did you originally mail your application to Sydney, NS then wait for instructions to have biometrics and medical done, then go to Trinidad?
I have confusion about your point in 1. My husband has a passport already, but is that irrelevant because it's not Canadian?
If we choose to go through Trinidad, can the government still send their approval to Mexico anyway? I don't understand what Mexico has to do with applications that are starting after the embassy closure.

I am at a complete loss with all of this, any help would be so very much appreciated!
Hi LLA, we are in the same boat. I am about to send off my application for my husband who is Cuban to come to live with me in Toronto. I know I may be getting ahead of myself but we discuss the mexico/trinidad issue nightly now because it seems so complicated. I guess we just have to dive in and the ball rolling. I am really praying that we can spend Christmas 2020 together here on my couch! Good luck to you in the process.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/immigration-calgary-cuba-1.5446028

This was what ran on the CBC website today. It isn't 100% accurate (for example, they do seem to think now that the Havana embassy closure is due to excessive spraying for mosquitos) and they didn't quote Tito exactly, but it got attention for the process, and if you all take the momentum and start writing now and writing to CBC (to Elise - the reporter) and keep it up, we may get somewhere! I am really grateful to Elise (the reporter) for bringing attention to this - she's been wonderful.

Reactions: BOSOXNATION

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Hi,
My name is Maylin. I already did medical examination. Can anybody tell me what’s next? And how long after that?
Thanks
☺

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Guyana is faster but, what an awful country!!!

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Please someone who teaches me how to check my status step by step? I have been trying but certainly, I am doing something wrong.

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Has anyone here done their Medical Exam in Guyana? My husband went here to do his fingerprints, and so I'd like him to go here again for the Medical Exam. I've been trying to call the panel physician in Georgetown Guyana to book his appointment, but there's been no answer all
Did you finish your medical? Have you had any news since then?