29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Just got request for medical!!

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
My husband got his visa today!!! He will be in Canada this Saturday before Christmas. From date Canada received file to today is exactly 11 months. Good luck to everyone that is processing their application. Hope your spouses are with you all soon.

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
My husband got his visa today!!! He will be in Canada this Saturday before Christmas. From date Canada received file to today is exactly 11 months. Good luck to everyone that is processing their application. Hope your spouses are with you all soon.
Congrats!!!!!

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Congrats and wish you all the best!!! For us, after 7 weeks, 3 weeks working for him we begin to be good... finally and enjoying cold and snow and holiday!!

Reactions: emeritus

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hi everyone.
I applied for outland sponsorship for my husband and in Sept. 5th they received my application.
At the time of the application I was already pregnant.
I got approved as a sponsor and in Nov. 3th I got an email stating that they send the application to Havana.
In Dec. 10 2017 I had my baby and contacted immigration to inform them about the birth of our baby.
4 days a go (Jan 2 2018) I got this email from Havana. Is this AOR2 and if so is it normal that it took them 2 months just to send AOR2 and tell me they received the application in Havana? Also how long it took other people from the time they got the same email until they got the medical request? And how long does it normally take for the medical process?

This is the letter I got:

Dear ------,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/09/05.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 6125
Havana
Cuba
www.havana.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: 0so10

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Just sent in my application yesterday! It seems that the timelines are around 10-11 months for you guys out there. :( I hope you guys get your partners here soon. Excited to be a part of this community during this dreadful process. Thanks for all the help so far :)

0so10

Oct 31, 2017
Hi everyone.
I applied for outland sponsorship for my husband and in Sept. 5th they received my application.
At the time of the application I was already pregnant.
I got approved as a sponsor and in Nov. 3th I got an email stating that they send the application to Havana.
In Dec. 10 2017 I had my baby and contacted immigration to inform them about the birth of our baby.
4 days a go (Jan 2 2018) I got this email from Havana. Is this AOR2 and if so is it normal that it took them 2 months just to send AOR2 and tell me they received the application in Havana? Also how long it took other people from the time they got the same email until they got the medical request? And how long does it normally take for the medical process?

This is the letter I got:

Dear ------,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/09/05.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 6125
Havana
Cuba
www.havana.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
I received an AOR2 almost two and a half months after it was sent to Havana. And it was only a few days after AOR2 that we received medical request. We received medical request Jan 2. AOR2 was on Dec 27. His medical is Jan 19. And i believe it takes 4-6 after for them to review. Hope that helps:)

Reactions: Otilia3107

Tropic_Ana

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone. This forum has helped me a lot while I was in the process of sponsoring my Cuban spouse.
Unfortunately things took a bad turn.
Long story short, my spouse lied about having a kid and is still being in a relationship with the parent's kid. This is misrepresentation on the application file.
Is there a way the permanent residency be revoked and him being sent back? Should I divorce first?
My spouse was also violent which only adds to the case.
I will also obviously seek legal advice.

Thanks in advance.

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Hi everyone. This forum has helped me a lot while I was in the process of sponsoring my Cuban spouse.
Long story short, my spouse lied about having a kid and is still being in a relationship with the parent's kid. This is misrepresentation on the application file.
Is there a way the permanent residency be revoked and him being sent back? Should I divorce first?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that...
So your spouse has landed? Be very careful.. as I believe you are financially responsible for them...and they have gotten rid of the conditional PR rule (having to cohabit with sponsor to keep PR), so he can keep his PR.. just because he didnt list his child, doesn't mean it will be revoked.. just that the child can't be sponsored by him in the future as he didnt "declare" the said child.
Check out https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/life-events/divorce/how-does-divorce-affect-my-immigration-status/ ..
Lawyer up so you can begin divorce proceeding as it will take a while.....

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018

Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry to hear that as well. Not sure how it is with this new law in place, and if he has already been in Canada for a few years I'm not sure if this applies....however....i know that if you prove domestic violence then you are likely to get him sent back. This is an unfortunate case and I feel deeply with you for having to experience this.

Tropic_Ana

Jan 10, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that as well. Not sure how it is with this new law in place, and if he has already been in Canada for a few years I'm not sure if this applies....however....i know that if you prove domestic violence then you are likely to get him sent back. This is an unfortunate case and I feel deeply with you for having to experience this.
There has been violence against me, verbal and physical. But how can that be proven if the police was never involved..

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
There has been violence against me, verbal and physical. But how can that be proven if the police was never involved..
It's a sticky situation, but I guess this is what I would...a few options. Please know that I am in no way a lawyer or have experience in this, however, I have worked with women in domestic violence situations so I know a few things for immigration, but minimal. And the best thing to do is to consult an immigration lawyer.

First of all, I would contact a lawyer and see what you need to do and how to prepare your case. In case this is an issue (e.g. low on money, don't know where to begin), google the nearest 'women's centre' in your area. A women's centre is a place for women to get information (free) on stuff like this (domestic violence) as well as a number of other situations. They can tell you what your options are - or they can refer you to a laywer for free. You don't even have to physically show up, you can call. For example this: (905) 847-5520

Next, it'd be a good idea to get some evidence in case this happens again.

From what I know, a police report is very helpful to prove your case. I know a woman who's husband is getting deported because of numerous calls to the police regarding domestic violence.

Either way, use the internet, CIC, and resources to your advantage. Even calling CIC for more information (and remaining anonymous) is ok.

All the best

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
I received an AOR2 almost two and a half months after it was sent to Havana. And it was only a few days after AOR2 that we received medical request. We received medical request Jan 2. AOR2 was on Dec 27. His medical is Jan 19. And i believe it takes 4-6 after for them to review. Hope that helps:)
Thank you for your reply. Sorry it takes 4 to 6 weeks or months? :)
It's been almost 2 weeks since I received AOR2 but still no medical request...
I don't know, should I contact them? It seams everyone receives the medical request right after AOR2. I don't understand why is taking so long for us. Considering we have a new born baby.