+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

mikemac16

May 19, 2017
Hello, I have a question. My wife received her Police Cert this afternoon. She's from Cuba. I know it has to be translated but CIC wants it by Oct 21. Can I scan it now, upload it and then upload the translated Cert with an explanation?

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hello, I have a question. My wife received her Police Cert this afternoon. She's from Cuba. I know it has to be translated but CIC wants it by Oct 21. Can I scan it now, upload it and then upload the translated Cert with an explanation?
I'm pretty sure that once you upload a document to your account then the option to upload the document disappears, so you'd need to upload the certificate and the translation together. I would definitely call and email and explain the situation and ask for an extension if you don't think that you'll have the translation on time. But I think there might be some translation agencies that will do a rush job, though it might cost more.

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
If my husband's medical is expired soon will my husband receive an email or call prior from immigration? I've emailed but got nothing back. Has anyone else had this problem? His is up November 5.
I don't know about medical, but with our police certificate we didn't hear from them for another week or two after it expired, and then they emailed saying that we needed to get a new one.

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Hello,

My friend receive an email to link her application online but she's not able to do it does she have to wait a couple of days more? also her husband received an email from them as well to link his application I guess but he also received something else like an attachment but since he's in cuba he's not able to open it. Did this happened to anyone here? what could it be his medical request or do they mail those papers to you? Help PLZ

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
Hello,

My friend receive an email to link her application online but she's not able to do it does she have to wait a couple of days more? also her husband received an email from them as well to link his application I guess but he also received something else like an attachment but since he's in cuba he's not able to open it. Did this happened to anyone here? what could it be his medical request or do they mail those papers to you? Help PLZ
I've been trying to link my papers for months and never been able to. I've read on different forums that other people had same problem. One guy tried 50 times before it went through. You only get 5 times then you get locked out for 24 hours. Im not sure about the medical request cause I sent mine in with package at bevinning.

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Hi friends!
So I've been reading up on everyone's issues here with medical + police records. Since this is part of their "new" application process (to not hand in these docs with your application, but afterwards), it seems that it's not ideal at all...urg.
I will send our sponsorship application at the end of December. My main questions are:
a. Will they ask for the police record as soon as they receive our application? I was thinking of having my husband start his police check process maybe a month before we submit our application.
b. How do we then send his police check from Cuba? Since it needs to be translated, does he hand it in at the Canadian Embassy in Havana, or does he scan everything and I submit it online through Canada?
c. Has anyone had the issue that they did this process, their police check expired, and the embassy required you guys to submit a new one?

This is all ridiculous, don't you guys think? Delays for no reason :( As if we all haven't been patiently waiting enough :/
Let's all hang in there.

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi friends!
So I've been reading up on everyone's issues here with medical + police records. Since this is part of their "new" application process (to not hand in these docs with your application, but afterwards), it seems that it's not ideal at all...urg.
I will send our sponsorship application at the end of December. My main questions are:
a. Will they ask for the police record as soon as they receive our application? I was thinking of having my husband start his police check process maybe a month before we submit our application.
b. How do we then send his police check from Cuba? Since it needs to be translated, does he hand it in at the Canadian Embassy in Havana, or does he scan everything and I submit it online through Canada?
c. Has anyone had the issue that they did this process, their police check expired, and the embassy required you guys to submit a new one?

This is all ridiculous, don't you guys think? Delays for no reason :( As if we all haven't been patiently waiting enough :/
Let's all hang in there.
You're right, there are a lot of kinks in the system still :(
1. My husband started his police check about 15 days before we submit our application, and then recieved his police check at almost exactly the same time as we got the request to upload it. I would recommend requesting it any time from 1 month to 15 days before though, just to be able to make the process quick.
2. He will need to have it translated to english, scan both the Spanish and the translated copy, and then upload it online. My husband sent his to me, and I had it translated in Canada.
3. Yep, mine expired! What we did was we didn't wait for a request from the embassy, we just ordered a new one at the same time that ours was expiring and then about 2 weeks later we got a request for a new copy and since we had already requested it weeks earlier then we were able to be quick about getting it to the embassy.
Good luck with your application!! :)

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
You're right, there are a lot of kinks in the system still :(
1. My husband started his police check about 15 days before we submit our application, and then recieved his police check at almost exactly the same time as we got the request to upload it. I would recommend requesting it any time from 1 month to 15 days before though, just to be able to make the process quick.
2. He will need to have it translated to english, scan both the Spanish and the translated copy, and then upload it online. My husband sent his to me, and I had it translated in Canada.
3. Yep, mine expired! What we did was we didn't wait for a request from the embassy, we just ordered a new one at the same time that ours was expiring and then about 2 weeks later we got a request for a new copy and since we had already requested it weeks earlier then we were able to be quick about getting it to the embassy.
Good luck with your application!! :)
Hey Minosis, thanks!
I'm wondering though...how did he get it in 15 days? Doesn't it need to be legalized? Or you just obtain it, and translate it. I thought it needs to be (1) obtained (2) legalized for foreign affairs (3) then translated (4) then submitted. and this process i believe takes like up to 2 months. My husband just went to order his, and since it's being legalized...they predicted December 2nd as the deadline for receiving it (he went October 23).

What city did your husband do this?
Thanks
Lenka

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Any news for you Mrs Suarez?
I know how you feel. 9 months for me. I sent in complete package with medical. Received email from Havana that they started processing it in March. Still haven't heard anything. My husband's medical runs out November 5. I sent a request for extension and have heard nothing back. I was told they will email or call before medical runs out to let us know if need another. Well that's only few weeks away. Feeling so frustrated.

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hey Minosis, thanks!
I'm wondering though...how did he get it in 15 days? Doesn't it need to be legalized? Or you just obtain it, and translate it. I thought it needs to be (1) obtained (2) legalized for foreign affairs (3) then translated (4) then submitted. and this process i believe takes like up to 2 months. My husband just went to order his, and since it's being legalized...they predicted December 2nd as the deadline for receiving it (he went October 23).

What city did your husband do this?
Thanks
Lenka
Our first one took a month to receive, because we submitted the request for the police certificate 15 days before we sent our full application to CIC. So that way, once CIC received the application, we got the request to submit the police certificate online around 15 business days after they got our application. So in total that was just over 1 month of waiting for the police certificate. And then when we got the certificate, we got it translated in Canada which only took like 5 days. As for being legalized, I'm not sure, I think that the place we ordered it from automatically had it legalized by MINREX as part of the process and it didn't add any time onto it. And then the second time we requested it, we got it in 17 business days because we went to Havana where you can get it faster than in other places, and it also comes legalized.

Reactions: lienocka17

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
My husband received his visa yesterday! I just wanted to say thank you everybody for your help through this process.