+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
i confirmed with my hubby! they gave him back the original! its acutally in a file folder upstairs that i put away! SOOOO THERE YOU GO! take it easy and enjoy the ride (....it will be sad and stressful but i promise it will be worth it! )
Thanks a lot for your reply!!!! :)

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
MrsHubby said:
So excited!! I can't beĺieve it's finally happening... so many different emotions
Yesterday their Web site update said on my wife's TAB update that medical results were received, our application was received on November 19th and the file was transfer to VO La Habana end of February, this means that things are moving along well? Thanks.

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
luigui said:
Yesterday their Web site update said on my wife's TAB update that medical results were received, our application was received on November 19th and the file was transfer to VO La Habana end of February, this means that things are moving along well? Thanks.
sounds like everything is moving along... it's a long difficult time just waiting, that's for sure! Best of luck.

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
MrsHubby said:
sounds like everything is moving along... it's a long difficult time just waiting, that's for sure! Best of luck.
Thanks, I'm leaving in two weeks to visit my wife, It is hard to be waiting and waiting, but it all be worth it at the end.

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Hello,
I have been reading everyone's stories on this site for the last few months, my husbands file was transferred to Havana on March 26th. This is one of the most stressful things I have done, I think its because I have no control at at of the situation!

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
My application is soon going onto 7 months in Havana.. Does anyone know if they can go over the the posted processing time (it was 9 months when i sent my application in)

ashlove08

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Krys,

My timeline is very similar to yours... our application has been in Havana since October 14th 2014 and I still haven't heard anything yet either.... someone told me that the applications from Ontario are taking longer.. is that where you are from as well?

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
ashlove08 said:
Hi Krys,

My timeline is very similar to yours... our application has been in Havana since October 14th 2014 and I still haven't heard anything yet either.... someone told me that the applications from Ontario are taking longer.. is that where you are from as well?
I'm so relieved to hear someone is going through a similar timeline!
I am from Ontario.. I've been feeling so hopeless seeing most people on here receive a call by 5 months and i can't seem to think what is wrong with mine and my husband's application/relationship. I'm trying to stay positive and think that he'll be here by the 9 month mark but a part of me worries they will take longer :(

ashlove08

Nov 11, 2014
I believe it can take 9 months from the time it reaches Havana but I seriously doubt that you will have to wait much longer... if you don't mind me asking what was stated in the notes that you ordered and how long did it take for you to receive the notes?

My concern now is the fact that my husband might have to redo his medical since it is only valid for 1 year and it will be expiring on June 12th :(

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
ashlove08 said:
I believe it can take 9 months from the time it reaches Havana but I seriously doubt that you will have to wait much longer... if you don't mind me asking what was stated in the notes that you ordered and how long did it take for you to receive the notes?

My concern now is the fact that my husband might have to redo his medical since it is only valid for 1 year and it will be expiring on June 12th :(
ashlove08 said:

It took about a month to receive the notes and they state every little detail about the sponsor and applicant applications.. They write notes about your relationship and if there are any concerns.. In my notes they stated that there are no concerns about our relationship and that my husband's interview was recommened to be passed.. Although the most recent note they wrote stated that he was added to the INT list which i'm pretty sure means the interview list (that was on January 23)...they even wrote that they shredded some of our proof of communication because we sent so much in... Anyways i wrote to the embassy and my husband went to speak to them and they said they're still assessing the application which i find strange since they added him to the INT list on January 23.. So frustratinggg

Hopefully they call you before June 12th! I'm sure they will.. That would be unfair if they didn't

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
The posted times on the CIC site are the length of time by which 80% of cases were completed in 2014. That means one in five cases did take longer. In addition, there is only a small connection between what they did last year and what they are doing now. From a different dataset, only 20% of cases were completed within 5 months, 50% were completed within 7 months, and 70% were completed within 8 months.

Krys, the interview is part of assessing the application. In general, there is a waiting list for interviews, so that is your slow point.

Ashlove08, they can extend the validity of the medical exam on a discretionary basis, so don't worry about the June 12 date too much.

Quebec is processed differently from the rest of Canada.

In the meantime, what have you been doing to prepare for yourspouse's arrival?

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Mapleson said:
The posted times on the CIC site are the length of time by which 80% of cases were completed in 2014. That means one in five cases did take longer. In addition, there is only a small connection between what they did last year and what they are doing now. From a different dataset, only 20% of cases were completed within 5 months, 50% were completed within 7 months, and 70% were completed within 8 months.

Krys, the interview is part of assessing the application. In general, there is a waiting list for interviews, so that is your slow point.

Ashlove08, they can extend the validity of the medical exam on a discretionary basis, so don't worry about the June 12 date too much.

Quebec is processed differently from the rest of Canada.

In the meantime, what have you been doing to prepare for yourspouse's arrival?
Thanks for the info Mapleson!

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
To save money, I'm renting a room on a monthly basis until our application is approved. In the meantime, I've been looking at apartments for rent or sale, mostly to keep myself occupied. What do people here think, is it better to move into a neighbourhood with a large Spanish speaking population to ease the transition, or not use that as a factor to speed the transition?

I know my wife can adapt to wherever we live, but I'm more concerned with my step-daughter (12) and school as ESL.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Mapleson said:
To save money, I'm renting a room on a monthly basis until our application is approved. In the meantime, I've been looking at apartments for rent or sale, mostly to keep myself occupied. What do people here think, is it better to move into a neighbourhood with a large Spanish speaking population to ease the transition, or not use that as a factor to speed the transition?

I know my wife can adapt to wherever we live, but I'm more concerned with my step-daughter (12) and school as ESL.
if your wife is cuban i doubt she will adapt to ''where you live'',,canada has a culture which is 100x different than ours,,you speak different,think different,act different,,i would suggest you to move where there are cubans around for her to speak to,otherwise she will be homesick to death and lets hope the worse doesnt happpen,,anyways,,just a friendly advice..

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
anyone here had their cuban marriage certificate legalized by minrex? or when the notary gives it to you its already legalized?